November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

steven franchuk (Surf) - BPL Guest

My Locale steven franchuk hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me steven franchuk has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by steven franchuk

Showing 111 - 120 of 388 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...39

Forum » Thread

Re: Sawyer MINI Filter
The Sawyuer squeeze weighs 3 onces with the bags. If you assume 1 oz for the bags the new filter is about the same weight as the old one. Also note the weight listed is probably the dry weight. ...

In GEAR » Sawyer MINI Filter
July 16, 1:37pm

Re: Where to carry a Plb
I normally carry my Plb in my pack, but should I have it in my pockets or around my neck? When I hiking it is strapped to my hip belt or sholder strap. When I am not hiking it attached to th...

In GEAR » Personal Locator Beacons...
July 16, 10:11am

Re: Dehydrated ground beef will last how long?
I don't know how long it will last but I do know someone that tried it. The problem he had with it is that it is not easy to rehydrate it. The Fat acts like a waterproofing material. Water h...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dehydrated ground beef will last how long?
July 14, 11:13am

Re: Locus Gear Tyvek?
There are a lot of different versions of Tyvek out there with verying levels of hydrostatic head (waterproofness) and breathability. Tyvek 1443 is the most readily available version and it has a H...

In GEAR » Locus Gear Tyvek?
July 10, 7:37pm

Re: Bear bag hanging on tree trunks (not branches)
The Ursack is the only thing I know of that can be tied to a tree trunk. Since bears can climb the trunk the sack and cord have to be strong enough to prevent the bear from ripping it off the tree...

In GEAR » Bear bag hanging on tree trunks (not branches)
June 30, 2:50pm

Re: Struck by lightning
Your post brought to mind this event in 2005. 2 people in a cout troup were killed on John muir trail in 2005. I hope your rec...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Struck by lightning
June 30, 11:37am

Re: Wide mouth 1L platypus bladder?
In addition to the nalegene canteen. MSR sells a hydration bladder with a wide mouth. This bladder has a small flip valve on the cap. MSR also sells a kit that replaces the flip valve lid with a l...

In GEAR » Wide mouth 1L platypus bladder?
June 27, 6:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Shell-Rain Jacket UL/SUL recommendations
"Seems to be a pretty common theme I've been reading around here when it comes to rain gear. Do people really find it a good trade off to get soaked every time it rains just so you don'...

In GEAR » Shell-Rain Jacket UL/SUL recommendations
June 27, 12:54pm

Re: Sawyer Squeeze Male-to-Male Adapter
There just was a post in the MYOG forum.

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Male-to-Male Adapter
June 26, 5:33pm

Re: UPDATE - News good and bad
I wanted to see how a syring pump would work. So I got a 50ml syrings, two check valves, a tee fitting, and a luer lock to hose barb adaptor to connect it to the syring. The syring by itself is 1...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG water filter - questions
June 26, 2:07pm

All Reader Reviews by steven franchuk

steven franchuk has posted no reviews.