BPL Community Profile

Steven Evans (Steve_Evans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Canada
About Me Steven Evans has not added a biography yet.
CityToronto
CountryCanada
My Website URLhttp://www.suluk46.com
My PDF Gear ListZion National Park - Mid May

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Evans

Showing 111 - 120 of 2075 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...208

Forum » Thread

Re: C-3 Tape Source
Darryl, Im not sure if that is the same stuff I have been using, but here is the link to the C3 tape I have been using. http://www.sailrite.com/Seamstick-1-2-C3-Spinnaker-Tape-55-Yds

In Make Your Own Gear » C-3 Tape Source
February 27, 8:48am

Re: Evazote Pads - why?
Evazote is the name of the product line, which then comes in a number of different models with varying density, compression, thermal properties, etc. You can get very dense and "heavy" ev...

In GEAR » Evazote Pads - why?
February 26, 1:47pm

Re: MYOG - Stuff Sack Questions
And if you want to make the stuffsack out of cuben fiber, you can always follow this guys tutorial. How to make a bonded cuben fiber stuffsack =)

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG - Stuff Sack Questions
February 22, 5:53pm

Re: Nunatak Arc AT / Skaha combo - low temperature recommendations.
Hey Doug, I used that combo a couple of years back and it is an awesome system. If you search through BPL you'll find a bunch of my posts with some good info on it. With no extra down fill, ju...

In GEAR » Nunatak Arc AT / Skaha combo - low temperature recommendations.
February 22, 5:44pm

Re: Re: MODEL YOUR MYOG DESIGNS IN 3D - SEE FABRIC STRESS - COOL SOFTWARE!!
Nice find Andrew! very cool!

In Make Your Own Gear » MODEL YOUR MYOG DESIGNS IN 3D - SEE FABRIC STRESS - COOL SOFTWARE!!
February 17, 6:00pm

Re: Double Wall?
It's kinda double wall in that the water is held by an outside wall and an inside wall. But I think you are asking if the outside wall itself is double wall, in which case it's just single ...

In Gear Deals » Montgomery Kettle (now the Backcountry Boiler)
February 12, 4:10pm

Re: Waterproof/Breathable Cuben Fiber Jacket
You guys are gonna get a kick out of this. I was exchanging some e-mails with Cubic Tech and they saw the pics of this jacket. Anyway, he asked me if I removed the protective liner from the fabric....

In Make Your Own Gear » Waterproof/Breathable Cuben Fiber Jacket
February 12, 3:31pm

Re: nice!!
Konrad, Sorry for the delayed reply - I went with the down option. I'm actually going to inflate it today for the first time so I'm pretty excited. I'll post a link to some pictures if...

In GEAR » Kooka Bay
February 12, 12:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Waterproof/Breathable Cuben Fiber Jacket
Javan, Look forward to hearing how that quilt works out for you. Devin, Got a quick webpage up on my site. Link is in the original post with performance numbers posted. Enjoy!

In Make Your Own Gear » Waterproof/Breathable Cuben Fiber Jacket
February 08, 7:27pm

Re: one day later
Ted, We just missed each other. I got my gear ready on Monday morning so that was the reason for my late departure. I was actually thinking of leaving Tuesday if I didn't get ready in time. Yo...

In Post-Trip Reports » Snowshoeing The Western Uplands Trail
February 08, 7:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Steven Evans

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Forty Below Light Energy TR Overboots/Simple Slippers
First off, here is the system I currently use: 1st: Thin liner sock, 2nd: Vapour Barrier Liner, 3rd: Montrail Hardrocks, 4th: 40 Below TR Overboot Why did I purchase the 40 Below Overboot?...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
May 14, 8:29am

Nunatak Arc AT
If you are thinking about this quilt, go for it. This system is the best I have used...just make sure you are ready for it. Paired with my Nunatak Skaha Plus, this is my 3 season sleep setup. I hav...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 19, 12:03pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow
With only one review for the rainbow, I had to put my 2 cents in here. Adding on the above post. Straight out of the box (tent, stuff sack, stakes etc.) and thrown on a scale, mine comes in at 4...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
February 20, 7:02am

Patagonia Ready Mix Softshell Jacket
I bought this on a whim just over a year ago after reading some reviews on it. This has turned out to be my go-to jacket for all my winter activities. From snowboarding to snowshoeing, there is no rea...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
February 20, 6:39am

Feathered Friends Customer Service
While the products are great, I purchased a 2 sets of Down Booties (which were in stock) on Jan-15th. Credit Card was charged same day and product was to be shipped next day. 3 weeks later I started t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 19, 10:35pm

Six Moon Designs Essence '07
Simply put, this pack had everything I was looking for - in order of importance: 1)Panel Loading for easy organization 2)Hip belt pockets for regularly accessed items 3)Mesh side pockets for dryi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 19, 10:25pm