BPL Community Profile

Walter Carrington (Snowleopard) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Mass.
About Me Walter Carrington has not added a biography yet.
CityAshburnham
StateMA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Walter Carrington

Showing 111 - 120 of 565 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...57

Forum » Thread

UL mosguito net for hammock
Randy Smith/Papa Smurf occasionally posts on BPL. He sells 'bug socks' in tulle (1.87 to 2.5 oz) and noseeum (5.5 to 8oz). I haven't used them (not a hammocker), but he's given e...

In GEAR » UL mosguito net for hammock
May 31, 11:13am

Antarctica books and films.
My favorites are Endurance and Worst Journey in the World (best title in the world). There is a film "Endurance" that is mainly still photos and a few bits of motion by Shackleton'...

In GEAR » Antarctica book suggestions
May 31, 8:56am

Sewing tulle.
This thread has some hints and sources for sewing tulle: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=47478 It's time to add bug netti...

In GEAR » How effective is Tulle against mosquitoes?
May 27, 9:10am

RE: How effective is Tulle against mosquitoes?
Tulle works fine for mosquitos and black flies. The mesh is coarser than noseeum, so there may be other smaller bugs that can get through it. Peter Vacco is the man for sewing tulle; I've b...

In GEAR » How effective is Tulle against mosquitoes?
May 26, 4:05pm

Survival of the fittest: M&M.
"I've never had a problem with M&Ms melting. The chocolate softens a bit, but the sugar shell holds everything together. Note that when softened, they can be crushed easier by pressure...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Chocolate that doesn't melt?
May 25, 6:11pm

RE: Altimeters
"Does anyone have first-hand experience with analog altimeters?" Yes, I had a fairly cheap one years ago. It worked well. I still have an old Casio watch with altimeter/barometer fu...

In GEAR » Altimeter Qs
May 24, 7:35pm

RE: E. C. Bear Bullet
It's of questionable legality in the Adirondack E. High Peaks, where the requirement is "commercially made container constructed of solid, non-pliable material". I think they would ...

In GEAR » The "E. C. Bear Bullet"
May 24, 7:25pm

Ticketed on the trail
"BTW, as for turning the other cheek, well I'd have torn up the d@mn ticket in front of her. Let the chips fall - sometimes it's worth it. What are they going to do? Put you in the sla...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ticketed on the trail
May 21, 4:08pm

Tourists Settings Fires in the Forests?
There are lots more tourists than terrorists. When they're in the woods or camping they always have campfires and they are NOT careful.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Terrorists Settings Fires in the Forests?
May 04, 8:01am

New England gear shops and brands
Worcester: New England Backpacker, knowledgeable staff; this is where I buy when I need gear recommendations. Boston: Hilton's tent city. EMS: quite a few stores around New England, see ...

In GEAR » New England gear shops and brands?
April 28, 8:00am

All Reader Reviews by Walter Carrington

Walter Carrington has posted no reviews.