BPL Community Profile

Rob Vandiver (ShortBus) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Still a newb, whittling my way down to 10-lbs and up to higher mileage days! Thanks BPL!
CityFullerton
StateCa
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListCurrent 3 Season

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rob Vandiver

Showing 111 - 120 of 132 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Forum » Thread

So Cal BLPers
Sounds like a hoot! Count me in on anything south of Frisco.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » central and southern bpl ers checking interrest in some spring/summer trips
March 17, 5:12pm

RE: Alky Stove
I agree with Ben, you would be better off without the side jets. Look into top burners or vented chimney stoves, like a DIY version of the brasslite. There used to be a lighter version of the Brass...

In GEAR » Stove for the Snow Peak 600
March 15, 10:34pm

Re: Processing Time
For those having trouble with Golite's cart app, just delete your cookies (or specifically, Golite's cookies). I was having the same issue, and this fixed it.

In Gear Deals » Golite Huge Clearance - Up to 70% off, example 2008 Pinnacle $39
March 10, 8:38am

bag to quilt
In theory it sounds OK, as long as you don't move around at night. I toss and turn a lot, especially on a thin foam pad, and having the straps to secure my quilt to the pad are essential. You w...

In GEAR » Three season sleeping bag vs quilt: DIY idea...
March 07, 9:37pm

Minimus
I've been keeping my eyes on these kicks since they were announced. I would appreciate everyone's input on how they like them, especially over rough and rocky terrain. The lack of rock stop...

In GEAR » Who Else Has Ordered NB Minimus Trails?
March 02, 10:39pm

Clean it.... with dirt!
"...worst case scenerio is when I burn my food in the cooking pot and don't have enough water to clean it." Scrub it with dirt, then rinse it out when you get a chance.

In GEAR » Idea - Cooking for the neat freak.
February 28, 10:57am

Secure
Not sure where you were buying stuff, but Golite.com's cart app is https, that is SSL and verified with Verisign.

In Gear Deals » Golite.com--40% off
February 23, 10:26am

Wow
That is fantastic.

In Make Your Own Gear » 4.9oz m50 down jacket
February 21, 8:43am

RE:
Just what I needed to know, thanks again! -Rob V.

In Post-Trip Reports » Skyline Trail – PCT – Jo Pond Loop
February 17, 8:32am

Questions about this loop.
Nick, Thank you so much for this trip report, I have been looking into something similar for a spring overnighter, and this was a great read. I think we will be forgoing the first day and takin...

In Post-Trip Reports » Skyline Trail – PCT – Jo Pond Loop
February 16, 5:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Rob Vandiver

Rob Vandiver has posted no reviews.