Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart R (Scunnered) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scotland
About Me "When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thoughts advanced to the state of science, whatever the matter may be."
Sir William Thomson (Lord Kelvin) 1883

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart R

Showing 111 - 120 of 640 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...64

Forum » Thread

Re: Moment in Wind
Samuel I did make and still use my tent. It is supported by a single hoop pole and a smaller vertical pole at the foot, so I would not expect it to fare much better then the Moment in strong wind....

In GEAR » TT Moment in moderate wind
October 04, 1:59pm

TT Moment in moderate wind
http://tracksterman.tumblr.com/post/61665521042/waking-up-to-rain-this-morning-i-was-glad-to-be This guy is almost a nomad for much of the year and knows his gear, but is not too impressed with ...

In GEAR » TT Moment in moderate wind
October 03, 2:53pm

Re: Wintertent (Soulo copy): I need your thoughts
It looks like you have made an exact frame to make precise templates for your panels. But a word of warning - if you plan to use silnylon fabric, it has some stretch. If you cut the fabric to the s...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wintertent (Soulo copy): I need your thoughts
October 01, 2:56pm

Re: snow travel footwear system
I want to try doing some snow hiking this winter. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do for footwear. I plan on using rocky mountain gortex socks over regular weight wool socks in ...

In GEAR » snow travel footwear system
September 25, 2:18pm

Re: MYOG Tent plans and details
Interesting design and very well made! It's really good to see inovative alternatives to mainstream offerings. I don't use poles myself so my solution for the same conditions is here. It ha...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Tent plans and details
September 24, 1:08pm

Re: Re: Re: New Balance Leadville MT1210 Runners Review
Thanks for the clarification. Low "heel drop" has been standard on fell shoes (eg Adidas Swoop) for decades.

In Editor's Roundtable » New Balance Leadville MT1210 Runners Review
September 18, 2:33pm

Re: Remote canister gas stove - Fire Maple FMS-117T or Kovea Spider, or?
1. Optimus Vega (I don't have one, but it looks well designed, it's big enough to handle larger pots and has a nice mechanism to hold the canister inverted). 2. 40F. Altho' a new can...

In GEAR » Remote canister gas stove - Fire Maple FMS-117T or Kovea Spider, or?
September 18, 2:22pm

Re: New Balance Leadville MT1210 Runners Review
the heel drop is 0.3 in (8 mm) Excuse my ignorance, but what is meant by "heel drop"?

In Editor's Roundtable » New Balance Leadville MT1210 Runners Review
September 18, 2:04pm

Re: In 10 Days across Switzerland
Fantastic photos, thanks for sharing. I was not entirely clear when you made this trip - September?

In Post-Trip Reports » In 10 Days across Switzerland
September 15, 1:39pm

Re: topopirineos map
I also used the above map whilst walking in the Ordessa National Park this summer. It is vastly improved over an earlier version from a few years back. However I noticed the opposite issue from tha...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Pyrenean Traverse -- Logistics
September 02, 6:12am

All Reader Reviews by Stuart R

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Coleman Exponent Non-stick Cook Kit
At first glance this looks like just another anodised aluminium cook set, but on closer inspection you will find that these pots have a real standout feature. There is a spiral groove machined or stam...

In Cookware - Other
March 29, 12:43pm