Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Roman Ryder (RomanLA) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southwest Louisiana
About Me I'm an avid backpacker and whitewater kayaker, so I spend most of my free time in the mountains.
My Website URLhttp://www.riverlesspaddled.com
My PDF Gear List3+ Season Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roman Ryder

Showing 111 - 120 of 129 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

Thanks!
I'm reading a couple of books by the Mountaineers right now. (Rock Climbing: Mastering Basic Skills and Mountaineering: Freedom of the Hills). Other than that, I'm just gym climbing and try...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Where to start?
October 28, 12:04pm

Hyperflow
I used mine for the first time this weekend. I filtered ALOT of water and it never slowed down. An MSR rep told my local outfitter that the problems are due to people not backflushing regularly. He...

In GEAR » Gravity Filter
October 28, 2:14am

My 2 cents...
I would recommend "Allen and Mike's Really Cool Backpackin' Book". It's short with illustrations, making it a quick and easy read. They also have a book called "Lighten U...

In GEAR » Backpack Questions
October 23, 9:58am

Thanks!
Thanks for the quick feedback. I called and had them set aside a Vapor Trail in my size. I'm going to pick it up after work and head for Arkansas! I'm tempted to get the down version of my ...

October 23, 8:40am

Backpack Questions
I ordered a Granite Gear Alpine Vapor this week. In addition to ice axe loops, it also has gear loops on the hip belt and a place to strap on crampons. I was hoping to not only use this as my norma...

October 23, 7:11am

Marmot
I picked up the new Marmot Cauldron vest yesterday. I'm going to try it this weekend over my Patagonia Capilene 3. It's supposed to get down into the 30's, so it should be a decent test...

In GEAR » Warm Top Selection
October 22, 4:49pm

What I decided...
I spent some quality time (and a lot of money) at my local outfitter today. The owner has hiked the AT, JMT, CT, etc. and had a lot of good advice. He said that he puts his sleeping bag in an overs...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Packing
October 21, 2:58pm

JMT
I belong to the JMT group on Yahoo. There was an ultralight backpacker on there recently that did the JMT in 12.5 days. He said the Aquamira Frontier was hands down his best purchase (followed by t...

In GEAR » Aquamira Frontier Pro Filter.
October 20, 7:16pm

Alpine Vapor
I've decided to go with the Alpine Vapor. It has extras like tool loops and crampon patches, so I'll be able to use it when I start mountaineering too. http://www.granitegear.com/products/...

In GEAR » Pack Comparison
October 20, 4:30am

Where to start?
I'm interested in mountaineering. I'm way down south at sea level, so all I've been able to do so far is some gym climbing. I was thinking about doing a 4 day summit climb of Rainier wi...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Where to start?
October 19, 1:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Roman Ryder

Roman Ryder has posted no reviews.