BPL Community Profile

Rod Lawlor (Rod_Lawlor) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Australia
About Me Rod Lawlor has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rod Lawlor

Showing 111 - 120 of 1069 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...107

Forum » Thread

Shattered
I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe that I'm reading this stuff here on BPL. At what stage did we think it was right to start filtering or RO urine to save on water carried. Clearly...

In Pre-Trip Planning » A desert crossing
September 18, 6:38pm

Four wheels?
Hi Alistair, I'm wondering about the rational for four wheels. I would expect this to be much harder to steer, and to be more affected by the rough stuff you're likely to encounter. So...

September 18, 6:28am

Re: A desert crossing
Hi Alastair, Depends on what kind of desert. Are you talking mostly sand, or mostly rock. There have been a number of self propelled trips across the Australian deserts since the sixties w...

September 17, 9:54pm

Fleece when wet
I'd have to say my experience matches Dale's in pretty similar conditions. Cold rain and wet snow in the 3-4 degrees above and below freezing are a great test of gear. The advantage of...

In GEAR » 20 degree wet weather clothing, again?
September 11, 10:21pm

Chuckles
Thanks guys, I think I need this tonight. And it's a question I've been pondering a bit lately myself. Two more questions. What do you do with the newly filled bottle if it's below...

In GEAR » Pee bottle?? best practices
September 10, 7:11am

Price
Hi Erik, There are probably plenty of 1L pots that are lighter, but there aren't many remote gas stove and pot sets that have the same combination of weight, cost, packability and durability...

In GEAR » New Stove Gear: Fire Maple 117t and XK6 "HE" Pot
September 09, 7:44am

Thanks Kat
Sounds like a different version to last year then. The ones you sent over have been great. Macs runs cold so he loves the extra puff in it, und Evie is now in the medium. Hopefully they'...

In GEAR » Down Jackets back at Costco
September 08, 8:36pm

Thanks Erik
It's great to see some photos of this set up. I think Lawson backed off on stocking this when it was pointed out that you could NOT flip the canister for a liquid feed. But the remote stove i...

In GEAR » New Stove Gear: Fire Maple 117t and XK6 "HE" Pot
September 08, 6:41pm

Thanks Dan
Are these the Triple Star LW hooded ones for about $30? I bought a med and a large for my then 12 year old son. He's 13 now. He grew straight through the Med, and I think he'll be out ...

In GEAR » Down Jackets back at Costco
September 08, 6:32pm

EvaLawson?
Either EvaLawson or EvaLawsion Pad.

In Gear Deals » CCF Pads; Coming Soon
August 22, 4:09am

All Reader Reviews by Rod Lawlor

Rod Lawlor has posted no reviews.