BPL Community Profile

ROBERT TANGEN (RobertM2S) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Lake Tahoe
About Me From planet Bllffftx.
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 111 - 120 of 534 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...54

Forum » Thread

Puffy use in climbing
WHAT'S YOUR POINT, KELLY? (From Kelly Cordes' blog): "Thanks, Uri, and sorry ’bout that — I was afraid I might not have explained that very well. Yeah, on 3), indeed, I climb w...

In GEAR » Puffy use in climbing
September 22, 2:38pm

Puffies bad, fleece good
Re: " just because there's two lines from a story about a frozen puffy is no reason to rule them out completely." Someone attended a slide show, and posted this report: “Here'...

In GEAR » What down fill weight does Primaloft compare to?
September 21, 6:35pm

The main point
Michael, I don’t think you or Eric Chan or my humble self disagree about what the main point is: someone might end up regretting moving to down, or for that matter, staying with a synthetic puffy...

September 19, 11:32pm

Rab vent
Matt said: "Wish it had a dang vent in the back and or top." You must have the big one, the little one has a sleeve vent at the bottom back, for reaching out and collecting snow, but if ...

In GEAR » Rab Summit Mountain Bivi vs. Black Diamond HiLight Tent
September 19, 2:55pm

No sweat climbing
Michael: Since I'm not an expert, all I can do is report a real-world event with real-world people: “I went to fleece exclusively after topping out on Shoestring in -10º F (before wind-chi...

September 19, 2:11pm

"Can xc racing flats work?"
I love my Asics Piranhas. The ones from a few years ago wore out fairly quickly, but the newer ones have added hard rubber little dots and dashes, and they don't wear as fast. I have average-...

In GEAR » Can xc racing flats work?
September 19, 1:59pm

If you sweat, you die.
Re: “The idea expressed by the native folk there was that in winter, if you sweat, you die.” And, “That's the same that I was taught and practiced for winter hiking - if you sweat, you ...

September 18, 1:48pm

Fleece vs. Synthetic Puffies
Re: “the real issue is the down getting soaked from sweat in high exertion activities ...” Here is a report from two climbers, one using a synthetic puffy, the other synthetic underwear and f...

September 17, 5:24pm

Gore-Tex Active Shell
Weight savings: the new Arc’teryx Alpha FL jacket weighs 11 oz (it’s Active Shell), while the old Arc’teryx Alpha SV jacket in Pro Shell weighs 19 oz. The FL is $400, the SV is $600. With t...

In GEAR » Gore-Tex Active Shell
September 08, 7:15am

Cuben Rocket tent again available?
The 1 lb, 6 oz Cuben fiber Rocket tent disappeared for awhile from the Brooks Range web site, and now the pix is back, and they mention it again, but it is not shown in the area where you can order...

In GEAR » Cuben Rocket tent again available?
September 07, 10:42pm

All Reader Reviews by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Arc Blast 60 liter
I received my Zpacks Arc Blast, the large 60 liter, 17.0 oz. size for winter loads, and love it. If you are worried about getting poked, don’t worry, the stays terminate at the bottom end BEHIND the ...

In Backpacks - External Frame
September 13, 6:24pm

Rab Boreas extremely thin soft shell
1. David Chenault: “I'm a huge fan. It's been a great layer for BC skiing thus far. I expect it to be fairly bug proof too.” 2. Noted mountain climber Nils Nielsen: “The last month I’ve be...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 06, 3:44pm

WalMart / "Starter" compression shorts
(Others have written that they like these, and I agree.) The WalMart / “Starter” compression shorts are: 1. Long enough to prevent abrasion, even if you have massively muscled, Greek God-like thighs...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
May 02, 1:12pm

MLD 2009 Revelation
Five Stars! I love the new 2009 Revelation from Mountain Laurel Designs! I haven’t wrung it out like Ryan Jordan did for the pack he recently reviewed, so I don’t have his detailed data base, but th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 21, 6:12pm