BPL Community Profile

Richard Fischel (RICKO) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Richard Fischel hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Richard Fischel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Fischel

Showing 111 - 120 of 535 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...54

Forum » Thread

"OK layering a 60 gram piece over your R2 around freezing."
me too - i'd be fine sitting around in a powerstrech hoodie and a 60 gram top (wild things hooded insulight) at the freezing mark and below. i like the atom lt/insulight more than the nanopuff...

In GEAR » synthetic jacket help needed
September 25, 2:28pm

"I know I can't wiggle/crawl into a 2-foot opening in the middle of winter."
The opening is bigger than 2' and it's really not that much of a physical feat. i'm sure even you can inchworm. with any kind of specialized gear there are +/- that come along with th...

In GEAR » Is anyone making eVent bivy's anymore?
September 25, 1:49pm

another fan of the id full event overbag
the thing rocks. too bad they don't make it any more. there was one in gearswap not too long ago.

In GEAR » Is anyone making eVent bivy's anymore?
September 25, 12:14pm

for a winter pack a (removable) beaver tail
i'm not 100% sure i'd get it, but i'd certainly think about it. i'd use it for my snowshoes, shovel and anything i didn't want to put in the main pack body. stream of c...

In GEAR » Your little known ideas for a custom pack?
September 25, 8:31am

+1 on the ff volant for your described needs
not sure of their avalibilty in eu. i got mine off of ebay for a steal and they show-up with some regularity, at good prices and in a multitude of sizes.

In GEAR » Warm downjacket for the "waiting time" (photographer)
September 13, 3:15pm

kiss (keep it simple s....)
an additional valve is just one more thing to fail.

In GEAR » A Question for You Science-Minded Folks...
September 11, 10:47am

or neoplume pants
I have a pair and love them

In GEAR » Lightweight Synthetic Insulated Pants?
September 04, 9:00pm

shoulder girth is problematic
i have the same overbag and have room to spare with a wm antelope, which has an inside shoulder girth of 63". the overbag is pretty roomy and i have no problem with my bag lofting. with as r...

In Gear Swap » FS: Integral Designs all eVent sleeping bag cover
August 29, 12:17pm

nunatak luna pad
i like the nunatak luna pad. great by itself if it isn't too cold or layered under a torso length pad. i'm guessing my cut down version weighs somewhere south of 10 oz. just be sure you i...

In GEAR » favorite UL closed cell pad?
August 28, 11:43am

Nau M2 - nice, but no zipper
i couldn't hike with a hoodie that didn't have a deep chest zipper to help regulate temperature, especially if layered under a windshirt. the zipper going up and down, hood on and off and ...

In GEAR » ultralight hoody that's casual?
August 23, 10:01am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Fischel

Richard Fischel has posted no reviews.