BPL Community Profile

Robert Kelly (QiWiz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale UL gear @ QiWiz.net
About Me I dream of thru hikes but work and family get in the way. Am familiar with most OH and western PA trails; Isle Royale; a little of Rocky Mountain NP; AT from Springer to Hot Springs; some of Monongahela in WV. Have also been on PCT in Yosemite and Mt San Jacinto area in CA and Mt Jefferson area in OR; Bailey Range in Olympic; Wind River Crest in WY. Pack weight 8-12 pounds in all seasons. Happy Trails.
If you are interested in the lightest ti trowels, stoves, and saws, check out my website at www.QiWiz.net
CityCleveland Heights
StateOhio
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.QiWiz.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Kelly

Showing 111 - 120 of 543 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...55

Forum » Thread

Titanium patina
I see the process Gary describes every time I make a trowel and my own FireFly stove is now a deep bluish purple color after many burns. I think it's beautiful and I would not want to scrape it...

In GEAR » Snow Peak Pot Rust
December 01, 6:48pm

Can you improve on perfection? ; )
You betcha! Just because you make the lightest cathole trowel on the planet doesn't mean it can't be made even better. I'm always interested in improving my designs. Credit to Steph...

In Gear Deals » They're back again: The lightest cathole trowels on the planet ! Titanium, two sizes
November 25, 8:35am

Big Dig mods; "handle-end enhancement"
@ ALL Lots of great ideas here. I had heard of, and seen pictures of, cord wraps and tape wraps, but never Sugru before Stephen put me on to it. I'm going to get some and play with it, but i...

In GEAR » Big Dig mod
November 25, 8:19am

Ti foil
I have ordered a fairly large quantity of 0.1 mm thick Grade 2 ti foil (about 25% thinner/lighter than the 0.005" foil that titanium goat sells). I will be using this to add some products to m...

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium (foil)
November 21, 10:15am

Esbit vs alcohol
Alcohol is easier to obtain, and cheaper on trail, though you might have to buy more than you need (12 oz HEET is a reasonable quantity, but still 12 oz). I like alcohol for weekend trips. Esbit...

In GEAR » Esbit vs. Alcohol?
November 21, 9:11am

More info and answers
Yes, the windscreen might need minor modification either to accommodate the burner controls or the pot handle. Yes, it could be even lighter by using a triangular format for the mesh and/or cutt...

In Make Your Own Gear » Canister Windscreen – Quest for Quality
November 18, 7:20pm

Here's what I've come up with so far
in an effort to develop a system for providing a windscreen that would work for many types of canister stoves. Pot shown is 700 ml. Materials are stainless steel (both the 1/4" mesh and the wi...

November 17, 1:43pm

What a coincidence . . .
At the request of some WhiteBlaze canister stove users, I have been working on a project to develop a windscreen system that would adapt to just about all brands of canister stoves. If I am success...

November 16, 10:09am

FireFly upgrade notice
As of today, all FireFly stoves will have titanium rod (rather than steel) small and large pot supports, FlexPort door keepers, and windscreen supports (for MultiFuel option). Lighter, stronger, be...

In Gear Deals » Lightest collapsible wood burning stove on the planet - the FireFly Stove
November 08, 2:23pm

Re: Element wood burning stove, titanium
I have not used this stove myself but those that have seem happy with it. You could look at threads on WhiteBlaze.net and/or HammockForums.net for examples of testimonials from users.

In GEAR » Element wood burning stove, titanium
October 26, 1:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Kelly

Robert Kelly has posted no reviews.