BPL Community Profile

Cesar Valdez (PrimeZombie) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scandinavia
About Me Mexican-American expat living in Sweden. Check out my blog to know more about me, lots of trip reports, gear lists, pretty pictures, etc. :)
CountrySweden
My Website URLhttp://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListCesar's 3 Season 2014

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Cesar Valdez

Showing 111 - 120 of 414 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...42

Forum » Thread

Re: re list baselayer and bivy
You raise a valid point about the base layers vs. a jacket, I admit it is a bit of a luxury. They are mostly pajamas and morning/night clothing worn around camp. My normal routine before bed is t...

In Gear Lists » My 1+ Season dream list is almost complete!
March 22, 5:06pm

The best of both worlds?
I still take TP, but I will use natural materials too. Sometimes, natural materials that are ideal for the job are abundant--like a big, firm patch of moss, which I think is best out of all the na...

In GEAR » Still going without tp?
March 21, 7:39am

Re: David and Michael
David - Thanks man! :) Michael - "Nice list, but I liked it more when you posted in the SUL forum ;)" Haha, yeah for section hikes I like to have a few luxuries, like a beefier knif...

March 21, 2:47am

My 1+ Season dream list is almost complete!
I have been working on this gear list for several months now. Finally got the last big piece of gear in the mail today to just about complete it, a Zpacks 5C/40F sleeping bag. So of course I pl...

March 20, 3:10pm

Re: Smallest volume pack dimensions you guys? Cubic inches...
My favorite pack has 24.5 liters / 1,500 cubic inches main pocket, plus side pockets and front pocket, for a total of about 33 liters / 2013 volume. I can fit 5 days worth of deluxe food rations, ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Smallest volume pack dimensions you guys? Cubic inches...
March 19, 3:13am

Re: OP
Have not read the whole thread, just responding to OP: "So, if you actually bushwhack," I do. I spend about 20 nights out backpacking a year, and about half of these nights are off...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who bushwhacks? Why?
March 18, 1:56pm

Re: Max
"Cesar, I've followed a few of your posts, with fervor. You're what I like to call "one end of the spectrum." " Thanks, I think :) Glad someone has read my posts wit...

In GEAR » Pack Weight
March 17, 3:54am

Another frameless pack user checking in
I did a 5 day section hike last summer with no resupplies using a frameless pack that weights 240g or about 8.5oz. Total weight was: 3.8kg base weight, 3.5kg food, max volume of water 2.2 liters/k...

In GEAR » Pack Weight
March 16, 4:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hooray for helping to get it :)
Ian - I commiserate with your stories, and I am sure most of us have had similar if not identical experiences. What I think would be a more effective, long term solution would be: 1. Punish ...

In Philosophy & Technique » The "I don't get it" thread
March 14, 6:36pm

Ab. Surd.
You can buy three SMD Skyscape X Cuben hybrid tents (550 each x 3 = 1650) and still have almost enough money left over (150) to buy a Cuben tarp from Zpacks (flat tarps start at 160, solo Hex tarp ...

In GEAR » Sierra Designs cuben fiber tent
March 14, 6:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Cesar Valdez

Cesar Valdez has posted no reviews.