BPL Community Profile

Christopher Plesko (Pivvay) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me "It doesn't have to be fun to be fun" - Mark Twight
CityWestminster
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://slipangles.blogspot.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Plesko

Showing 111 - 120 of 926 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...93

Forum » Thread

Re: Crampons
If you don't have a lot of money and only want to buy one pair, steel strap on 10 or 12 point pons would be my recommendation. If you're the kind of person that likes an arsenal of gear for...

In Winter Hiking » Crampons
October 31, 6:32pm

Re: Re: High temp for wool?
Socks never. Lightweight bottoms, like 40s to 50s. Lightweight tops up to 80 if there is some wind. I've never used the microweight stuff. I'd expect a microweight tee to be fine in any...

In GEAR » High temp for wool?
October 31, 6:28pm

Re: Bike frame pack
Don a frame pack would have to be really big to get in the way singlespeeding. It's all I do and I've never had an issue. Check out Epic Designs for really awesome stuff or ideas. Eric post...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bike frame packs, Bibs to pants conversion.
October 31, 6:25pm

Re: Everyday Socks?
Smartwools for me. I wear them until they're crazy threadbare ($$$) but I never wear anything else but wool or thin coolmax style in the summer. All winter I live in my Smartwools. Darn toughs ...

In GEAR » Everyday Socks?
October 31, 6:23pm

Re: Thanks Rick
Hey Rod, Sucks I didn't see this earlier, my wife ordered a couple things for herself. I'll still do it but you'll be out the double shipping to me still. I think you have my email a...

In Gear Deals » Patagonia Merino 60% off. Can someone buy me some and send it to Australia?
October 30, 8:59pm

frame bag
Nice work on the frame bag, those are tricky. Eric makes all mine :)

In Make Your Own Gear » Bike frame packs, Bibs to pants conversion.
October 30, 2:46pm

WTB: Patagonia Wool 1 Tee, Men's small
Can't justify full price right now but does anyone have one of these for sale or know of a good sale on one?

In Gear Swap » WTB: Patagonia Wool 1 Tee, Men's small
October 30, 11:09am

Re: wing stove
Mary just get a small nut/bolt from the hardware store or rivet the legs back on. Mine are still attached but I've heard of this happening to others.

In GEAR » FireLite Titanium Esbit Wing Stove
October 30, 11:01am

Re: Check out Patagonia
The Traverse Pants would be just what you want if they're still around (Patagonia).

In GEAR » Softshell Running Pants
October 28, 11:01pm

Or you can climb easy alpine routes without crowds
If you don't like crowds, there are plenty of other routes in the Rockies too. We got to watch the Keyhole below us from the Cables route on Longs Peak and we had it all to ourselves even o...

In Chaff » Colorado advice
October 28, 1:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Plesko

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover
We own two of these (one small and one medium) and on most trips these make the cut. They are very warm over 3 season conditions and their compact packing and light weight make them a favorite plus th...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
November 11, 10:28pm

Patagonia MicroPuff Vest
I've had the Micropuff vest for a few months now and feel comfortable in giving a review. The vest is a total winner. I bought it for a summer insulation safety piece since it's synthetic and my bag i...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
November 11, 6:43pm