Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul Tree (Paul_Tree) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wowwww
About Me 5' 10", 170 lb, 41" chest
StateCA
My Website URLhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/8804488@N02/sets/721576006

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Tree

Showing 111 - 120 of 455 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...46

Forum » Thread

plow berms
Plus it would be some crusty and tough stuff! If you encountered that much difficulty in the backcountry, it's a great idea to try somewhere else for better conditions. Other areas to avoid aro...

In GEAR » Do I really need a bivy for snow camping?
December 16, 6:11pm

Re: RE:Do I really need a bivy for snow camping?
Yo Evan! you don't get off that easy.. I mean, you DO have snowbanks there in Northern ID? You can go all out in your backyard, eh? Lots of people in Tahoe have little snow caves in their yard....

December 16, 5:58pm

made it!
Yah, made it 2x. 3.5 times the weight - ow. At least it would be protected in there. Interesting about the low-temp stall.

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultralight Kelly / Storm / Volcano Kettle
December 16, 4:34pm

spin hot?
Lofty goal! Do you use heat besides that of the tooling while working or during rest periods to allow the stresses to dissapate? Copper should go easier? Although heavier, but 2x the heat transfer...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultralight Kelly / Storm / Volcano Kettle
December 16, 4:08pm

Awesome Backpack Pattern
Nice pack & fantastic directions! I am going a similar way with my own pack frame, but so far it's not so light. You may be able to get some feedback on dry bags from the users of the Ar...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultralight waterproof backpack
December 16, 1:19am

Re: aha! Thermolite - warning!
Hi, There is a reportedly HORRIBLE Sea To Summit Reactor "Thermolite" Mummy Bag Liner at REI. Probably a different material! Edited to remove link to HORRIBLE gear!

December 15, 11:30pm

Re: No need for a bivy snow campin'
Hey Mike, what do you think about DWR on a winter bag? My Versalite is like a sponge.

December 15, 10:45pm

bears
RooooooOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAhhhhh!!!!! Summertime, you need it more than a tent.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear Can Cheating?
December 15, 10:27am

ferrule spring
Not sure if you are looking for more input on getting the ferrule to be springy for the sake of the shaft. Buuutttttt, Your drawing with the elongated ferrule slot made me think of this: a little ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Titanium/Carbon Fiber Ice Axe
December 14, 5:14pm

Vs Ion
Huzefa, Ion is ok for summer, many many though add either mesh or stretch cord for additional space. The small size and lack of pockets make organization more of a challenge than almost anyone want...

In GEAR » MLD 2009 Prophet
December 14, 10:52am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Tree

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I have a later version with leg zips. When hiking steep uphills, these pants are a real handicap because they try to keep you from lifting your knee. Made my summit twice as hard to keep fighting that...

In Clothing - Raingear
November 02, 10:24am

OR Verglas Gaiters (mens)
You rate them without ever having used them? That is beyond belief. Quote: "I give these a 4, without using them outside at all, so be aware they may be a 5 for a particular use." Or,...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
November 11, 1:31pm

GU Energy Gel
They do work, better than PowerGel. Faster than food. Works fine at low temps. I don't mind the taste or texture. I've gone snowboarding all day with no other food than 5 GU packets. Cons:...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
October 17, 4:10pm

Jocalat bars (by Larabar) Chocolate
These things are awesome. 240 calories and very small and uber healthy. They had them at Trader Joe's.

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
October 17, 4:02pm