BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 111 - 120 of 726 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...73

Forum » Thread

Consensus?
Oy vey...Trying to get consensus among outdoors people AND online??? This commercial comes to mind :) Herding Cats

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 01, 8:47pm

Jmt
Speed attempts on the JMT ain't exactly multi-month either. ;) "A thru-hike on a shorter trail with very specific environmental factors that don't change would be another possibilit...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Anyone done a SUL Thru-Hike?
December 26, 9:01pm

the great outdoors
For some of us, various outdoor items fit into backpacking. I backcountry ski a pretty good amount and do some winter backpacking while skiing. I would not want to see backpacking light becom...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2013 Staff Picks
December 26, 7:05pm

SUL
While Matt Kirk did, more or less, have a 5 lb BPW, he was also doing massive miles per day. If you are hiking not-quite-40 MPD, you need even less insulation and layers than someone hiking "...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Anyone done a SUL Thru-Hike?
December 26, 4:22pm

TSA
TSA agents are too fickle. You never know if one will say yes and if another one will say no. It may be just as easy to ship any gear that is suspect ahead to a PO, hostel or motel. YMMV

In GEAR » Flying With Trekking Poles - TSA Response
December 23, 4:42pm

safety glasses
Nice! Even less expensive! :)

In GEAR » Best Cheap Gear of 2013
December 23, 11:04am

Cheap gear
Some dirt bagger items I use: BLUE FOAM: For three season backpacking, and those who don't mind a ah, firm, sleeping experience, it works greats. Very light when cut down. The scraps make a ...

In GEAR » Best Cheap Gear of 2013
December 23, 9:17am

Google
Look at the Google results. Several steps and links to Firefox specific methods. Sub links for other browsers at the end of the results, too

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Disabling ANNOYING Animated Avatars?
December 20, 9:59am

Which browser?
Depends which browser you have. Extensions are available for various browsers. This should help: http://bit.ly/1cFCADp

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Disabling ANNOYING Animated Avatars?
December 20, 7:35am

Timex Indiglo
Apparently Nick and I have similar tastes in ugly Timex watches. Viva la timex!

In GEAR » Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread.
December 18, 9:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.