BPL Community Profile

Phillip Asby (PGAsby) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me Phillip Asby has not added a biography yet.
Citycharlotte
Statenc

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Phillip Asby

Showing 111 - 120 of 332 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...34

Forum » Thread

Alps
Probably not what you're looking for in terms of weight but I have an 85L Alps Mountaineering Cascade - standard belt and adjustable torso that is not being used currently by me or my son. I h...

In Gear Swap » WTB Winter grade pack 65 liters +
December 04, 7:14am

Fires
We have two original Kindle Fires in the house - they are fine devices and I'd expect the HD to be the same with a better screen and processor. Having said that - I do find Amazon's '...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » kindle fire hd tablet...any good?
December 03, 2:56pm

Can't coach height!
Ryan - nice score - they look like great jackets and a great deal. At 5'10" and 185 a large tall would likely be too long in the sleeves (the length is not as much a concern for me really...

In Gear Deals » EB Downlight 50 Jacket $63!
November 25, 11:32am

Sold out
Only tall sizes left - no regular sizes at that price on the website unfortunately...

In Gear Deals » EB Downlight 50 Jacket $63!
November 25, 8:11am

hiking in the 50s
I was just on a section of the AT this past weekend (2000-4500 feet) with mostly overcast skies and temps in the mid 50s. I was wearing nylon long pants, an UnderArmour style cold gear long sleeve...

In GEAR » Help me choose some gear for Patagonia
November 20, 12:02pm

Cutting weight
I need to get my latest list from excel into Geargrams for review by the crowd - my base weight on this past trip was a hair over 18 pounds and I had some excess (took two stoves as I was wanting t...

In Gear Lists » My Gear List: Advice?
November 19, 12:39pm

Bear bag line options
This past weekend my son and I went backpacking on the AT with his Scout troop - SR625 up the trail to the Chestnut Knob shelter near Wytheville, VA (Beartown Wilderness). Great hike and the 4.5 m...

In GEAR » Bear bag line options
November 19, 12:22pm

Oranges and Lemons
There are multiple considerations and as I've learned here, what works for the raven may or may not work for the conspiracy. There are a couple basic issues when it comes to lights with resp...

In GEAR » Zebralight H52 vs Black Diamond Storm
November 19, 11:03am

lids
I think you're looking for Ruta Locura - I have a lightweight ti lid from them. very well made. http://rutalocura.com/Carbon_Lids.html

In GEAR » Looking for a light weight lid
November 19, 9:19am

photos
I really like the photos - helps a visual guy like me organize stuff in my head...

In Gear Lists » Three Season UL Gearlist (JhauraW) - photos, links and lots o' details
November 14, 2:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Phillip Asby

Phillip Asby has posted no reviews.