BPL Community Profile

Phillip Asby (PGAsby) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me Phillip Asby has not added a biography yet.
Citycharlotte
Statenc

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Phillip Asby

Showing 111 - 120 of 290 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...29

Forum » Thread

Great discussion
I have to say this has been a helpful thread! Lots of approaches with no one solution being best for every one - other than a pretty universal position on having a tarp even if you have a tent (do...

In GEAR » Wet Weather Shelter Philosophy
October 01, 7:30am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bigger question
I for sure just spent 15 minutes trying to find that airplane in google maps satellite view - with no success... alas. Can you tell I don't want to start the workday yet?!?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Does it cost to hit the SOS button??
October 01, 7:09am

a matter of seconds
dang it! Time I took to type "let me know your payment details" which I thought about excluding just for this reason...

In Gear Swap » FS: Borah Bivy, Locus Gear, Verglas gaiters, Outsak UL
September 30, 11:55am

Outsak
I'll take the Outsak. Let me know your payment details.

In Gear Swap » FS: Borah Bivy, Locus Gear, Verglas gaiters, Outsak UL
September 30, 11:55am

LL Bean 20% off sale
LL Bean has their 20% off camping and outdoors equipment sale this weekend (free shipping as well). Some things of interest - MSR Hubba and Hubba Hubba, Big Agnes Fly Creek 1, and Beans Microlight...

In Gear Deals » LL Bean 20% off sale
September 13, 12:25pm

thanks
Valerie - thanks for your kind comments! My son is a trooper and wicked smart - backpacking is actually a great activity for him rather than, say, baseball or more conventional sports. His gross ...

In GEAR » A Question for You Science-Minded Folks...
September 12, 12:10pm

social beverages
I admire those committed to a social beverage - I guess I'm lucky that I am happy with and arguably prefer a bit of scotch and water or bourbon and water. Lighter and more bang for the grams s...

In GEAR » The most "non lightweight" thing you've seen on the trail
September 12, 9:49am

The most "non lightweight" thing you've seen on the trail
I mentioned this on another thread but it occurred to me this might be a fun thread on it's own. What is the most extreme/interesting/amusing example of "non lightweight" backpacking...

In GEAR » The most "non lightweight" thing you've seen on the trail
September 12, 8:29am

Interesting
I'm middle age and have up even on self inflating pads - just couldn't get a good nights sleep so I got an exped (best sleep I've had outdoors). My son still uses a z lite as folding...

In GEAR » A Question for You Science-Minded Folks...
September 12, 4:06am

Re: CS tool + boker anti-grav knife
That Boker is sweet - curse you I just bought the titanium handled version... The worst part is that I will worry about the ceramic blade and likely end up bringing another knife along as a back...

In GEAR » how big of a knife do we really need (or how small of knife can we get by with)?
September 11, 1:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Phillip Asby

Phillip Asby has posted no reviews.