Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 111 - 120 of 716 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...72

Forum » Thread

water conumdrum
@ Stephen M Classic! The belt and suspenders approach.

In GEAR » water conundrum
June 13, 2:52pm

water conundrum
I have owned both and ultimately decided to stick with the Sawyer Squeeze. No reliance on batteries/electronic equipment won out for me; I also find it works well in situations where I want to...

In GEAR » water conundrum
June 12, 3:58pm

What to do when the mountains are CLOSED?
We were in a similar situation a few years back. A handful of big wildfires burned through large swaths of our NF over the course of the summer and the District Rangers of the affected districts s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What to do when the mountains are *CLOSED*??
June 10, 10:24am

Trip Plans
Only concrete trip plans at the moment are a JMTish hike mid-Sept and a return to Channel Islands National Park for another backcountry beach camping trip in mid-Oct. Also looking at a bikepacki...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Hey you from that out-of-control-thread move over here and plan a trip
June 07, 4:57pm

Weight comparisons
For comparison's sake, here's my 3-season typical clothing system for my legs: Patagonia running shorts: ~4.2 oz Patagonia Cap 4 tights: ~5.4 oz Montbell Dynamo Wind Pants: ~2.6 oz ...

In Gear Lists » Beating a dead wind pant horse
June 07, 12:47pm

Not Likely
I agree with the assessment of the others. If you're carrying a cup or cookpot that is easily accessible, there's no reason not to use it as your scoop.

In Philosophy & Technique » Using cup as scoop for Squeeze bladder, risking illness?
June 07, 10:51am

Original Plan
+1 for leaning toward your original plan. This is basically the same set-up I carry on most of my trips in Southern CA and the Sierra in the summer. I prefer to hike in shorts, have a pair of t...

In Gear Lists » Beating a dead wind pant horse
June 07, 10:00am

Injinji
I've mostly worn the original weight as well. They work great at keeping my feet blister free; unfortunately, I'm lucky if I get 6 mos to a year out of a pair before I wear a hole through ...

In GEAR » Injinji socks -- which models?
June 06, 9:01pm

Solution for transporting Caldera cone
I used to just roll up the cone and floor, wrap it in a thin piece of tyvek and put a rubber band around it. It would sit at the top of the my pack so it wouldn't get crushed. Never had a...

In GEAR » Solution for transporting Caldera cone
June 04, 12:37pm

New REI Return Policy
I just received an email from REI outlining their new return policy. I have no major issues with it. For most items, I'd expect to figure out if I'm satisfied with them well within the fi...

In GEAR » REI limiting returns to one year
June 04, 12:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.