Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 111 - 120 of 1768 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...177

Forum » Thread

Re: Newton is so bad ;-?
@ Bob, At this point in time I own no cuben and my only piece of Ti gear is an Optimus extra long spoon. LOL My gear is stored in a closet in the extra bedroom of our house. Actually it share...

In GEAR » Lets see your GEAR ROOMS!!
March 12, 11:52am

Me Too
My Dad's Flag, a great read, Kershaw RJ I folder and 14 Hands Hot to Trot on top of my antique Model 15 Singer sewing machine. Party On, Newton

In GEAR » It's Just So Cute!!!
March 11, 10:11pm

Re: Second boil - Great at first, but then...
Tyler, " At first, the flames were much smaller and seemed to barely even come around the side of the pot. I was thinking I had this thing figured out. And then about half way into the boil...

In GEAR » First alcohol stove
March 11, 4:47am

Re: Re: Second boil - Great at first, but then...
Tyler, "What can I learn from this?" Does your stove and your cook pot form a "seal" where they meet? If they do you could be over pressurizing the stove's jets as eve...

March 09, 11:59pm

Re: First alcohol stove
IME I have learned that alcohol stoves like air drafting in from the bottom. After visiting QiWiz's site I'm not sure those elongated holes provide enough combustion air. Try raising th...

March 09, 6:48pm

Re: New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration
@ Mike W, That is one recycling method that I can do without! %<{ @ Mary D, Always good to hear from you. Happy this thread could make you smile. @ Gerry, Happy to be of service. ...

In GEAR » "New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration"
March 07, 3:33pm

Re: Dehydrated Water
Thanks to David S. back in 2008. Bulky and "heavy" canned product. ;-) Party On, Newton

In GEAR » "New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration"
March 07, 6:55am

No Joke ;-)
This was on their website this morning and touted as "Our Newest Product". ;-? http://www.sawyer.com/video-squeeze.html $59.99 from Sawyer's online store. https://www.sawyers...

March 07, 4:47am

Re: Traction devices for minimalist shoes?
Justin, Would these Yaktrax be an option for you? http://www.jazebra.com/yaktrax-pro-black-x-large.html FYI I included the link for pricing and weight information only. I have no exper...

In GEAR » Traction devices for minimalist shoes?
March 06, 4:49am

Re: Jansport Project Pack
Pretty work Scott! ;-) I've got one of those 4 pound 13 ounce packs languishing in my gear closet. I bought it for all the wrong reasons back in the day. It was relatively cheap and had a...

In GEAR » A look at an old Jansport external frame pack
March 03, 7:59am

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm