Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig Burton (MissingUtah) - BPL Guest

My Locale Smoky Mountains
About Me Craig Burton has not added a biography yet.
CityCharlotte
StateNC
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List7 Days / 6 Nights summer in the Smokies

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig Burton

Showing 111 - 120 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Re: Sawtooth Idaho hike
Wow, I'd always heard of the Sawtooths but never exactly knew what they were all about. Great pictures. Now I hope I can make it out there someday!

In Post-Trip Reports » Sawtooth Idaho hike
August 09, 7:22am

Narrow Gauge?
What was the problem with the Narrow Gauge rail? The first time I was in the area (maybe 6 years ago?), I recalled trains leaving Durango at around 8am every morning; and it was the most spectacul...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Durango to Silverton
August 09, 7:14am

Another thumbs up for the Indiana Dunes
Don't sweat it Dean, I had never heard of the Indiana Dunes myself up until about two weeks ago. Of course curiosity got the best of me, so I did some research and it looks like a really neat ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Chicagoland Hike?
August 09, 7:08am

Re: Re: US National Park 2016 Centennial
I agree; but in all fairness, the difficulty in finding volunteer work for an individual goes beyond the NPS, federal government, and even non-profits that specialize in volunteer work. You would ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » US National Park 2016 Centennial
August 03, 6:54pm

Re: Cleaning/drying your Platy
I was reading a thread about something non-related and the discussion came up about how troublesome it can be to clean Platy's. One of mine has a small black spot (no idea what it is) in a bot...

In GEAR » Cleaning/drying your Platy
August 03, 4:10pm

US National Park 2016 Centennial
This seemed to be the best forum for this announcement here, so I apologize in advance if it isn't. Visitation to our National Parks has been diminishing since the 1980s, and the National Pa...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » US National Park 2016 Centennial
August 03, 3:58pm

Re: Tilley Airflo hat $50 at REI
THANKS! I've been looking for a nice Tilley but have been unwilling to cough up $70-80 for one. Also, at the Outlet I finally found a pair of non-wire sunglasses that LOOK like they might f...

In Gear Deals » Tilley Airflo hat $50 at REI
August 01, 4:28pm

Re: Compass Recommendations
I also own the Suunto MC-2 Pro, and I just can't see how you can part with it! Mine weighs in at a hair over 2.4oz without the lanyard attached, and it is certainly one of my favorite sub-3oz ...

In GEAR » Compass Recommendations
August 01, 3:59pm

Looks comfy
From the top down: Pack covers are out. Pack liners, lightweight drybag internal storage, and poncho tarps are all good alternatives with strengths and weaknesses depending on the season and tr...

In Gear Lists » 3 Seasons Gear list
August 01, 2:34pm

Re: String and 'biner
Yep, I use something very similar to this and believe it is the way to go -- though I don't ever unclip my bottle when grabbing it to take sips. My string is just long enough to allow the lip ...

In GEAR » Water bottle holder??
July 28, 12:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig Burton

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pro Lite Gear customer service
Normally I don't do company reviews, but I have just now been impressed by a record processing time by Pro Lite Gear. I've been exposed to pick-and-pack warehousing during my career; and I ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 17, 4:36pm