BPL Community Profile

Konrad . (Konrad1013) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Konrad . hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Huntington Beach, CA. Currently residing in Boston, MA. I enjoy backpacking, car camping, and mountaineering. My style is ultralight (sub-10lb) while remaining extremely comfortable.

JMT - Sept 2011
CityBoston
StateMA
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListGear list for 3-season overnighters and weekends

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Konrad .

Showing 111 - 120 of 2041 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...205

Forum » Thread

hartsook
Rusty, Just a headsup, I had the buck smidgen, which is the hartsook but with different steel. I was not a fan. The handle was tiny and uncomfortable. The blade length was also too small...overa...

In GEAR » Anyone have the Buck Hartsook Ultralight....or Boker Grasshopper knife?
February 21, 3:40pm

loving the nobul
Awesome quilt! What weight cuben did you use for your baffles? I'm about to make a very similar quilt myself. Nobul1 shell and liner, 6 ounces of down and .34 cuben baffles. Colin & D...

In Make Your Own Gear » My latest ultralight quilt (Virga Outdoors)!
February 21, 3:11pm

Re: Westcomb
Agreed, Westcomb is a very very good alternative to Arcteryx. My GF has a westcomb event shell...I can't tell the difference between it and any arcteryx piece i've owned in the past. Qual...

In GEAR » Should I be carrying more Dead Birds?
February 21, 3:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Return Policy
Dave, Note that I included MHW in my comparison and wasn't strictly speaking of patagonia. Even when compared against pricey Patagonia pieces, Arcteryx demands a premium. http://www.rei.com...

February 21, 11:40am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Return Policy
Doh! I also forgot that the collars are lined with the fur of baby canadian seals. Nevermind, buy buy buy!!

February 21, 11:10am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Return Policy
"I wouldn't get a pack from Arcteryx.....That's where you can tell they're just marketing the brand." "Interesting you say that, yet you just bought a fleece from thei...

February 21, 11:06am

Arcteryx is not that bombproof.
I too left Arcteryx for Rab a long time ago...never looked back. Fot the average individual (e.g., Konrad1013 not Conrad Anker) Rab gear is durable, the cut is great, the fabric technology is super...

February 21, 10:59am

1/8th pad
Kenneth, a 1/8" ccf has an R-value of less than 1 (Richard Nisley puts it at ~.45 r-value) . Depending on who makes your 1/8" pad and it's length, the weight could be anywhere from ...

In GEAR » Equipment Addition: SynMat UL 7 + XTerm or XLite?
February 21, 1:07am

xtherms on sale
I bought my xtherm for 50% off when Eddie Bauer was doing their anniversary sale. In general, you can expect a 40% sale from them around christmas and it usually doesn't exclude non-EB goods s...

In GEAR » Do it all pad combo
February 20, 6:00pm

X therm as dedicated pad
Ken, My honest opinion, get the x-therm, sell the UL7, and never ever think about the sleeping pad again (until we start seeing 10oz R6 pads). I used to fiddle around with different pads for di...

In GEAR » Equipment Addition: SynMat UL 7 + XTerm or XLite?
February 20, 2:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Konrad .

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Sunnysports Sunnysports.com
I've had about 3 orders with sunnysports. I can sum up my experiences by saying they are an excellent retailer with jaw dropping prices on previous season gear. There was a small mistake with my ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 09, 10:59am