November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Joslyn Bloodworth (JoslynB) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southwest
About Me Joslyn Bloodworth has not added a biography yet.
CityChino Valley
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListBackpacking Wish List for Two

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joslyn Bloodworth

Showing 111 - 120 of 186 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

Re: Lightweight thru-hiking shoes
You might try one of the other Merrel Barefoot shoes. The Sonic Glove looks a bit tougher and the Embark Glove is lined with Gore-Tex. Although I'm not sure you'd want something waterproo...

In GEAR » Lightweight thru-hiking shoes
August 31, 5:27am

Women's Pack
As a curvy woman myself, I like the Granite Gear and Osprey Packs. If I were going to pick any internal frame pack in the world for myself it'd be the Osprey Exos. Really comfy and great vent...

In GEAR » Women's specific pack suggestions
August 31, 5:14am

Re: Hammock
Haha, no actually you weren't mistaken, but I have been set straight by the Hammock Forum DIYer's. Thanks for the concern. It would have been a horrid and expensive mistake! And yeah as ...

In Hammocks » Super Hammock Newb - help!
August 28, 7:52am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hammock
For anyone who was wondering, I got some sport nylon from JoAnn's and made a mock up of the hammock I am hoping to make out of sil and tried it out in my backyard. The hammock was shorter than...

August 27, 9:53am

Re: Re: Which GPS For Me?
I would be using it as a backup for sure! I never trust technology if I don't have to. I wasn't even sure if it was possible, just thought it was worth the question.

In GEAR » Which GPS For Me?
August 25, 2:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Hammock
@Michael - Ohhh, Ok I get what you're saying. I don't always lay on the same side but usually one side is more comfortable to me than the other so I stick to the same side all night, but I...

August 25, 2:16pm

Which GPS For Me?
I am starting a new job driving in which I need a GPS for my car. Is there a reasonably priced GPS($200-$300)that I could get that I can also use backpacking? Since I have to get one anyway, I...

In GEAR » Which GPS For Me?
August 25, 2:12pm

Re: Hammock
I went ahead and checked out Te-wa's site and I do indeed like the look of the underquilts and at my height of 53", his 52" underquilts are pretty lux for me. I'm for sure going ...

August 24, 6:52pm

Re: Hammocks
@Nathan- That answers a lot of questions, thanks! @Michael- Ok so you would suggest not worrying about the cut of the sides and just go with a straight cut, correct? Then would you suggest layin...

August 23, 10:02pm

@Nathan- I was planning on whipping up a prototype and trying it out comfort-wise. Part of the reason I want to keep my shelter to 1lb is because I am a firm synthetic insulation user for sleepwea...

August 23, 5:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Joslyn Bloodworth

Joslyn Bloodworth has posted no reviews.