BPL Community Profile

John Gilbert (JohnG10) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid-Atlantic
About Me John Gilbert has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Gilbert

Showing 111 - 120 of 561 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...57

Forum » Thread

packs
My kids liked carrying all their own gear as soon as they were around 10 years old. With a light pack (XS womens), they were able to stay within 15% of their body weight - as long as I carried the...

In GEAR » Backpacks for Kids
March 06, 4:43pm

Packs for Scouts
I found the Osprey Talon 44 worked very well for my skinny 11 year old Scout. 2.2 lbs, big enough for 4 days of 3 season light weight (not UL) gear, durable fabric, stiff frame, adjustable torso, ...

In GEAR » Backpacks for Kids
March 05, 3:42pm

East Coast cowboy camping advice needed
I need some recommendations from people who successfully "sleep under the stars" on the East Coast. In the mid-Atlantic area, humidity is generally around 80%, and night time temperatu...

In GEAR » East Coast cowboy camping advice needed
March 04, 7:57am

Tarp;
I find 8x10 is a great size. It's tall (roomy), even with the sides 9" above the ground - which means the rain never comes in. I live in a rainy but warm and calm area though, so don'...

In GEAR » Tarp Size?
March 01, 9:05pm

Mods
Personally, I would leave the lower strap and cut the load lifter strap off where it attaches to the shoulder strap. ie: The load lifter would now a separate piece of webbing. Then if you want t...

In GEAR » Shoulder strap/load lifter question for GoLite Jam/Pinnacle owners. And other people with knowledge of the issue.
March 01, 8:57pm

load lifter straps
Usually, the load lifter strap attaches to 2 points on the pack. 1. Somewhere on the back of the pack above the shoulders. 2. Somewhere on the shoulder straps on the front of the shoulders. Id...

In GEAR » Shoulder strap/load lifter question for GoLite Jam/Pinnacle owners. And other people with knowledge of the issue.
March 01, 7:43pm

Jam Hipbelt
The Y-shaped attachment of the Jam hipbelt worries me a bit from a durability perspective. ie: Less stitching has to be easier to pull out... Is there any advantage to the cut-out ? ie: Does it...

In GEAR » Jam Hipbelt
March 01, 4:53pm

Packs
In the SOTMR for unconventional rain gear, the reviewer said the quality of the stitching on the poncho tarps from the various manufacturers was significantly different. I'll be at the high...

In GEAR » Frameless Pack Quality Questions
February 29, 3:43pm

Frameless Pack Quality Questions
Does the quality of the stitching, amount of seam or wear-point reinforcements, or belt/strap materials differ between the Golite, MLD, SMD, GG, GG and ULA packs ? How do the belt and strap widt...

In GEAR » Frameless Pack Quality Questions
February 29, 2:04pm

pack
I have a dueter act lite 60 + 15. Its a great pack for heavy weight, and where you need lots of abrasion resistance. I tried the atmos, but thought the dueter carried better. However, its 4 lbs, a...

In GEAR » Backpack between 3-4 lbs
February 19, 4:44pm

All Reader Reviews by John Gilbert

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Wenger Esquire
I was looking for something a little bigger than my Victorinox Classic (2.25") knife. The Wenger Esquire has essentially the same tools, but is 1/3 of an inch longer, about 3/32" wider and ...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 07, 7:05pm