BPL Community Profile

John Gilbert (JohnG10) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid-Atlantic
About Me John Gilbert has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Gilbert

Showing 111 - 120 of 556 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...56

Forum » Thread

load lifter straps
Usually, the load lifter strap attaches to 2 points on the pack. 1. Somewhere on the back of the pack above the shoulders. 2. Somewhere on the shoulder straps on the front of the shoulders. Id...

In GEAR » Shoulder strap/load lifter question for GoLite Jam/Pinnacle owners. And other people with knowledge of the issue.
March 01, 7:43pm

Jam Hipbelt
The Y-shaped attachment of the Jam hipbelt worries me a bit from a durability perspective. ie: Less stitching has to be easier to pull out... Is there any advantage to the cut-out ? ie: Does it...

In GEAR » Jam Hipbelt
March 01, 4:53pm

Packs
In the SOTMR for unconventional rain gear, the reviewer said the quality of the stitching on the poncho tarps from the various manufacturers was significantly different. I'll be at the high...

In GEAR » Frameless Pack Quality Questions
February 29, 3:43pm

Frameless Pack Quality Questions
Does the quality of the stitching, amount of seam or wear-point reinforcements, or belt/strap materials differ between the Golite, MLD, SMD, GG, GG and ULA packs ? How do the belt and strap widt...

In GEAR » Frameless Pack Quality Questions
February 29, 2:04pm

pack
I have a dueter act lite 60 + 15. Its a great pack for heavy weight, and where you need lots of abrasion resistance. I tried the atmos, but thought the dueter carried better. However, its 4 lbs, a...

In GEAR » Backpack between 3-4 lbs
February 19, 4:44pm

Dueter packs
I have an Act Lite 65+10. It's very comfortable with heavy weight. It has very durable fabric and side pockets, but the front stretch mesh pocket shows rock abrasion if you lean against t...

In GEAR » Which pack to buy today?
February 12, 5:29pm

big agnes
I've had good luck with the BA insulated air core for scouts. It had sturdy enough fabric that tent mates are unlikely to damage it by walking on it... Its also very comfy and only $70 at REI w...

In GEAR » Lightweight pad recomendations
February 06, 2:56pm

Columbia Booney
I like the mesh sided Columbia Booney better than baseball style runners hats. No sun gets into the corners of your eyes. It's 4" brim provides so much shade it feels 5 degrees cooler th...

In GEAR » a good sun hat?
February 05, 6:35pm

Dynema Ripstop
I personally think the ripstop looks WAY cooler - but I have a non-ripstop ”packcloth” pack from the 1970's with no rips and only a few small spots of wear through where there was something...

In Editor's Roundtable » Cottage Stagnation and Recent Gems
January 02, 5:32pm

Dueter packs
My family tried on several packs at REI. My wife and kids strongly preferred the comfort of the Deuter (Act Lite) over the Osprey and Sierra Designs. I was neutral between the Deuter and Osprey, b...

In GEAR » Need input on choosing a new pack
January 02, 11:03am

All Reader Reviews by John Gilbert

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Wenger Esquire
I was looking for something a little bigger than my Victorinox Classic (2.25") knife. The Wenger Esquire has essentially the same tools, but is 1/3 of an inch longer, about 3/32" wider and ...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 07, 7:05pm