BPL Community Profile

Jennifer Mitol (Jenmitol) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale In my dreams....
About Me Jennifer Mitol has not added a biography yet.
CityChicago
StateIL
My Website URLhttp://backpackerPT.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jennifer Mitol

Showing 111 - 120 of 1786 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...179

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: rain jacket suggestions for specific need
For something like that I probably wouldn't try to go too UL - maybe strive for one of those 10-12 oz eVent or Gore Pro type hard-shells. Any idea of temps? If it were me, I'd take my...

In GEAR » rain jacket suggestions for specific need
July 22, 5:53am

Re: Hammocks
I've always wanted to try one, but I'm either above tree line or my dog is with me. He does much better IN the tent than leashed outside - he actually likes going in the tent with me. I ...

In Philosophy & Technique » People who don't enjoy camping
July 21, 1:16pm

Re: no leaks?
I have the flip top bottles from REI and they haven't leaked at all. I do the same - shut them and squeeze hard to make sure they are solid...and they are. So far so good anyway. I l...

In GEAR » What do YOU use to carry alcohol?
July 21, 1:13pm

Re: Re: SHR
Aaron you are my hero! One of these days I'll do a hike like that - as I recover from a myriad of things weighing me down I'm trying to get back to long distance trail running...and your f...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierra High Route next week!!!
July 21, 7:39am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MeFOTO daytripper tripod
Well, today is my birthday and my wonderful brother saw me looking at the MeFOTO ones the other day...and surprised me with one. First of all - seriously cool that he would be so attentive, even...

In Photography » MeFOTO daytripper tripod
July 20, 6:55pm

Re: Re: Re: MeFOTO daytripper tripod
I have really been looking at the Slik models - thanks for the recommendation. I do wonder - how much of a problem is it to use the shorter models? I have an articulating screen on the Sony, an...

In Photography » MeFOTO daytripper tripod
July 20, 11:01am

why not a hammock?
Because I refuse to bring along anything called a whoopie sling.

In Philosophy & Technique » People who don't enjoy camping
July 20, 10:50am

Re: Potential SAR Benefits of Two-Way Communication
I also think there's a big difference between someone having a heart attack/stroke/head injury vs a person with a broken ankle who has shelter and 6 days of food. One requires some serious hus...

In GEAR » inReach SE: No tracking points, no messages went through today!
July 19, 7:10pm

Sorry Eric...
I didn't know you were going on that trip, too. Did you want me to cancel instead?? [hahahaha]

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Avoiding nasty hiking partners...
July 19, 2:33pm

Re: Re: Yosemite changed the wording now
And yet Sierra NF was the one with the clearest email to me when I specifically mentioned my starlyte and the caldera cone "that's exactly what we want" Maybe they'll get their...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alcohol Stoves a fire hazard?
July 19, 2:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Jennifer Mitol

Jennifer Mitol has posted no reviews.