BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 111 - 120 of 251 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...26

Forum » Thread

Re: 1000 Island Lake
Thanks very much for the compliments on the photos! I had a fun time taking them and I'm glad you guys enjoyed them. I'll share a little bit about how I did it. For starters, I'm a b...

In Post-Trip Reports » 1000 Island Lake
July 25, 10:31am

Re: Re:"1000 Island Lake"
"Where do you think your problem was with sleeping?" Ken, this was my 4th trip to Mammoth over the years, and I've never slept good even in a motel until the 4th night or so. I re...

July 25, 10:10am

1000 Island Lake
Here are a few pictures and a brief post-trip report on my backpacking trip to Thousand Island Lake, in the Sierras near Mammoth. I've been planning this trip for a couple years now and finall...

July 24, 10:11pm

Re: Re: Dri Ducks
Well, the store had one more set of Dri Ducks ultralight, and in my size, so I'm set that way. I weighed my pack after filling it in preparation for the trip. Total weight (including food f...

In Gear Lists » 1000 Island Lakes in July- Gear List
July 21, 5:31pm

Re: Dri Ducks
Thanks Andy. Unfortunately my local Walmart and Target don't seem to carry them. I did, however, find a Sports Authority store with them in stock about 1/2 an hour away from me. Maybe I'...

July 21, 12:53pm

Re: Re: violence (reply to M B)
"Since your area is safe, great, nothing to worry about. But Calif pot farming is Not by hippies, its serious mexican drug cartel enterprise." Very true. Our neighboring allied agency...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
July 21, 12:34pm

Re: I must have missed the reports.
"I refuse to live in fear. I had a friend that always worried something would go wrong, and it always did. YMMV" I understand your viewpoint Brian. Since this thread has gone on for...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
July 20, 8:54pm

Re: Re: Rain Gear?
My local Sports Authority appears to eb the only one in the entire chain that does not carry DriDucks. lol I've worked too hard to get my pack wiehgt down to want to bump it back up an entire...

July 20, 8:24pm

Re: Rain Gear?
Thanks for the suggestion. I only have 1 day (Saturday) to get anything I need for the trip, so unless I can find a store with them in stock, and local, I'll ahve to make due without. I have ...

July 19, 10:18pm

rain gear
Thanks for the additional input Dale and Eileen. Eileen, the problem is I don't have any light raingear. I have a garage full of goretex jackets and parkas, but they are all the military ...

July 19, 6:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.