Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jason Smith (JasonS) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Northeast
About Me Jasper
StateCT
My PDF Gear ListCurrent Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jason Smith

Showing 111 - 114 of 114 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Forum » Thread

Aquamira vs Aquastar
Actually currently using just the XR system. Rigged it up so that it would accept a Nalgene hydration tube by pulling off the cap on the end. The flow isnt really a problem this way as a am const...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Hydration and water sources
April 11, 11:05pm

Aquamira vs Aquastar
I have been trying to figure out which would be lighter, and was wondering if anyone saw any problems with my calculations. I have heard advice that the average individual drink 1 liter ever 2 h...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Hydration and water sources
April 08, 9:13am

Spray vs Wash-in
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that it was more effective to use the spray if breathabilty was a concern as the wash-in applied the DWR to the inside of the jacket as well c...

In GEAR » Revivex wash-in vs. Revivex spray
April 01, 9:44pm

Canister Stove Issues
I just wanted to add in my results when using canister stoves this past weekend at the presidentials. The temperature was about 15 degrees and I had kept the canister warm with body heat throughou...

In Editor's Roundtable » What kind of stove do YOU use for lightweight backpacking?
February 24, 3:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Jason Smith

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs and Titanium Goat Ti-Tri
This stove system has my highest recommendation. With a little user input it is pretty close to perfect. I am mainly an alcohol stove user but I have also enjoyed using the ability to use wood fires...

In Stoves - Alcohol
February 19, 7:26am

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
I love my caldera cone for my Evernew .9 pot. It is extemely stable, I don't need to worry about tipping it over. I don't need to worry about the wind. One earlier review mentioned its lac...

In Stoves - Alcohol
June 12, 2:57pm