BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 111 - 120 of 1149 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...115

Forum » Thread

Re: Cheap CF
you do know that most carbon fiber products are made in china, taiwan etc.. so just because it is from china doesn't mean it is crap. Costco gets by with lower prices because of huge volume. ...

In GEAR » Cheap Carbon Fiber Poles From Costco.
December 30, 9:10pm

Re: First MYOG quilt questions
I used 2.5 and M90 from thru-hiker. i used the Sin50 pattern with the newspaper sewing trick. yes perimeter sewing is all you need. i used a drawstring and velcro for the footbox and...

In Make Your Own Gear » First MYOG quilt questions
December 30, 7:36pm

Re: Tyvek Ground Cloth
http://zpacks.com/accessories/tyvek.shtml ebay too tyvek groundsheet

In GEAR » Tyvek Ground Cloth
December 30, 3:03pm

Re: First/last steps
I would wait until you figure out the rest of your gear before getting a new pack. no sense in getting something that is too big or too small for what you end up with. i have the exos 58 and ...

In GEAR » Steps toward lightening the load
December 30, 1:33pm

Re: Re:garage sale
I didn't know there was one this weekend so i showed up an hour late to see what was up.. it was pretty picked through but i did run into a friend i hadn't seen in a few years so that was ...

In GEAR » Anyone score a killer deal at the REI Garage Sale?
December 30, 12:58pm

Re: Bike Tape?
Bar tape is usually made of foam so it would probably melt. some used to be made of cork but i'm not sure if anyone uses real cork anymore. both will melt/burn if it is left on while i...

In GEAR » IMUSA mug, hot handle, heat shield tape
December 29, 4:47pm

Re: Re: Timex Indiglo
I just use one of the basic Timex ironmans. keep it strapped to my shoulder strap upside down so i can read it on the go.

In GEAR » Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread.
December 29, 7:12am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dog Saliva
Which is a fine way to hike Piper. People who are against longer miles forget that it is a CHOICE. It's not like because i have only 20lbs in the pack I'm forced to go further. I tend to...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL positive feedback system
December 28, 6:17pm

Re: Apex 2.5
my summer quilt is 2.5 apex with M90 weighs 12oz. it's fine to 50 without extra clothes. if you only draped it over you instead of really snugging things up then it would be fine for hig...

In GEAR » Non-traditional blanket/quilt ideas?
December 28, 12:15pm

Re: Where to start!
Well you don't seem strapped for cash so USPS flat rate box can send any clothes you don't need home :) t shirt baselayer isn't complicated.. just that it dries quickly and isn'...

In Gear Lists » First time hiker going straight for an AT thru hike.
December 26, 9:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.