BPL Community Profile

Richard Scruggs (JRScruggs) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Richard Scruggs has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Scruggs

Showing 111 - 120 of 449 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...45

Forum » Thread

Re: enmity
Things seem to have gotten harsh way out of proportion, much less as constructive comment. Everyone has their "bad hair" days. So that's the sermon of the day. At the b...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 19, 10:08pm

Re: Re: context
How about something bold and innovative like this: delete the article, delete all the comments, and just start over again? And next time, give peace a chance.

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 19, 8:08pm

Re: Re: Re: New cottage manufacturer: McShale Packs
Kat P re: "To blame Hendrik for how ridiculous and rude this thread has become....seems hardly fair." Yep, Hendrik should only be blamed for contributing to how ridiculous and ru...

January 19, 3:02pm

Re: UL stowable backpack?
Here's a small, "packable pack" from Eddie Bauer (1036 cu. in. claimed) with a lot of features (two mesh bottle pockets, zipper exterior pocket, interior pocket, and bungees on front)...

In Make Your Own Gear » UL stowable backpack?
January 16, 4:04pm

Re: Absaroka - Beartooth Wilderness
Re Richard L. posting that: "As another poster has noted Jackson, Wyoming is the closest airport, and in the summer there are many flights in and out of there." An alternative to flyi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best one week hike in lower 48
January 15, 12:33pm

Re: Attaching webbing to pack
Luke, Here's a web page at Quest Outdoor Fabrics that provides a couple of mesh options that the page says works for pack pockets (see the Leno mesh and Lycra mesh): http://www.questoutfi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Attaching webbing to pack
January 15, 12:09am

Re: People?
Luke, re: "You were joking right when you said 'a few hundred people a week?' Certainly on a popular trail in some areas but I know lots of places I'd only expect to see two or thr...

January 14, 9:53pm

Re: Best one week hike in lower 48
Wind River Range is a terric wilderness full of lakes, mountains, rivers. Hardly anyone ever goes there, either!!! ;) Depending on the trail and time of the year, might see only a few hundr...

January 14, 8:29pm

Re: where?
Dan, re: "Hey Richard, that must be Hannegan Pass? It's been a while since I've been there too! Yep. The campsite is up on the ridge rising north from Hannegan Pass, just bel...

In Editor's Roundtable » Cottage Stagnation and Recent Gems
January 14, 7:47pm

Re: Re: warmed over.......
Nick, I give up on trying to wrap my head around this innovation/stagnation angst and agony; the fit is real uncomfortable, and it makes my head hurt. As for Ryan's article, I we...

In Editor's Roundtable » Cottage Stagnation and Recent Gems
January 14, 6:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Scruggs

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Aloksak O.P 12.5 x 20"
They do last a looooooooooooong time when used as a map case, though. JRS

In Miscellaneous Products
August 29, 2:18pm

Base Designs 1000ml Titanium Pot
Just received one of the 1000 ml Base Designs titanium pots from ProLite. At $19 plus shipping (and shipping is free within USA if order exceeds $50), this pot appears to be a bargain for what appear...

In Cookware - Titanium
March 07, 10:50pm

Backcountrygear.com
Have had many, many on-line orders at Backcountry Gear over several years, and experienced only a single error in all those transactions when they sent the wrong color of an item. As it turned out, I...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 03, 1:52pm

National Geographic TOPO! Outdoor Recreation Mapping Software - California
Several years ago, I purchased mapping software for a few of the "regional" areas produced by National Geographic. For example, the software included the North Cascades on one disk, the Sout...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
February 06, 5:38pm