Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ian B. (IDBLOOM) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PNW
About Me Here's the deal... I'm the best there is... plain and simple. I mean I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. Just a big hairy American winning machine.
My Website URLhttp://nwtrailbum.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ian B.

Showing 111 - 120 of 4310 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...431

Forum » Thread

Re: Bokeh
"You will have it for really near subjects but don't get your hopes up for anything over a couple yards away." That's what I'm looking for Richard. I had a chance to play ...

In Photography » EDC camera
March 12, 6:05pm

Re: Pack Design
That's an interesting pack. Her posted stats indicate that it's a 22oz 32L pack with aluminum stays. Smaller than any of ULA's offerings but it's lighter than their frameless CDT ...

In Chaff » Long Distance Hiking has no Brand
March 12, 3:46pm

Re: Hockey and other thread drift
Well I might as well keep the self inflicted thread drift alive until someone else shows up:) It's an interesting time to get into photography. Sony's mirrorless cameras are on the rise...

March 12, 2:59pm

Re: re
It's a sickness. For example, with the release of the D7200, I instantly started wondering how long it would take to pick up the D7100 for <$700 and then a savings plan for a F2.8 70-200 to...

March 12, 12:28pm

EDC camera
As the title suggests, I'm looking for an every day carry camera that will also go backpacking with me on trips where bringing my mirrorless isn't practical. I Love my A6000 but it is too ...

March 12, 10:30am

Re: Photography
If you're interested in a point and shoot, I've been impressed with the Panasonic Lumix DMC 25 my father owns. Great telephoto Leica lens. The Canon S100 is worth looking at too. I...

In GEAR » Photography
March 11, 11:51pm

Re: bug netting
I've yet to buy it but I'm looking at the Tarptent StratoSpire with the hopes of coaxing my wife on a backpacking trip. Lori P. brought a TT cloudburst to the GGG this year which looked pr...

In GEAR » Starting to go UL, looking at tents
March 11, 9:11pm

Re: Starting to go UL, looking at tents
How often will you go backpacking? How often with your wife? How tall are you? If you want a 2ish lb tent that'll work in the meantime while you save your pennies for a dream tent an...

In GEAR » Starting to go UL, looking at tents
March 11, 7:08pm

Re: "Reasonable weight for frameless"
I have the Prophet. I carried 30+ lbs comfortably in it on my shoulders to the GGG this year which was a six mile hike. I would have been fine to carry this weight much further. Much of that...

In GEAR » MLD pack's volume reduction system
March 11, 6:59pm

Re: Wonderland trail side trips
Hi Stephen, I've hiked parts of the Wonderland in August where it dumped on me. I hiked all of it in early September last year in six days and had blue bird skies every day. It's lik...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ideas please for a two-week-ish hike
March 11, 6:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Ian B.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've made a few purchases from Lawson. His glow-wire and ti stakes are my personal favorites in their class. The price has always been fair, shipping has been free, and delivery timely. Yesterd...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 24, 10:34am

ULA Equipment
I ordered a ULA Ohm 2.0 with standard options ~ 4/2013. Chris was very quick to respond to my emails. I had originally ordered a CDT and he was quick to modify my order. Backpack arrived within a f...

June 13, 11:55am

zpacks Company
Well Z Packs continues to live up to their stellar reputation. I ordered a Hexamid Twin a few weeks ago. The posted delivery times were 5-7 weeks on their website. I suspected that spring is a hect...

May 30, 11:31pm