BPL Community Profile

Larry De La Briandais (Hitech) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Larry De La Briandais has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 111 - 120 of 518 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...52

Forum » Thread

Re: "Pad on top or bottom!"
"don't you end up with a very much colder inflatable this way?" I am sure you do, and that is the point. The inflatable provides a large area to loose heat from. The less heat yo...

In GEAR » Pad on top or bottom!
November 19, 11:50am

sleep apnea
Not sleeping on ones back does not always solve snoring and sleep apnea. My wife snores while sleeping on her side, and still has sleep apnea while sleeping on her side. She was diagnosed with se...

In GEAR » CPAP for backpacking?
November 18, 4:58pm

Re: water sources
"..I will also add that in the west, since 1970's I have seen a huge decline of available water as ranchers are edged out of business and the government stops maintaining the older wells, ...

In GEAR » Sawyer Filter for Cow Water ?
November 12, 6:54pm

Methanol
Methanol is just not as dangerous as seems to be implied on this forum. If you drink alcoholic beverages you consume methanol. Most people regularly consume up to 10 mg of methanol per day as par...

In GEAR » Safest alcohol for stoves - US perspective
November 07, 10:52am

Re: Re: Inward pull
Not all inward pull hip belts have a mechanical advantage. The belt on my vapor trail does not: http://www.gearcoop.com/Granite-Gear-Ultralight-Hip-Belt/dp/B00CS8AE44?traffic_src=froogle&ut...

In GEAR » Inward pull waist belt straps?
November 05, 3:16pm

Inward pull
The inward pull are oddly easier (not sure why). For heavy packs the ones with purchase (belt slides thru the attachment at the buckle in the middle) are a huge help. Heavy packs need to have the...

In GEAR » Inward pull waist belt straps?
November 05, 3:07pm

Paypal?
Was paypal used to make the purchase? Assuming so, did the purchaser file a claim? Can you tell us what is/will happen? Just curious to know if paypal will really protect you when making purchas...

In Gear Swap » FS: $500 theclymb gear certificate
November 04, 4:54pm

Vapour vrs vapor
va·pour (vpr) n. & v. Chiefly British Vapor. vapour US, vapor [ˈveɪpə] n 1. (Physics / General Physics) particles of moisture or other substance suspended in air and visible as clou...

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering on water resistant down and Pertex fabric
November 01, 4:53pm

Re: DWR is not going to work for us
"It will soften the keratin in the down tufts" Couldn't the DWR treated down tufts prevent/slow this process? I'm truly asking as I have no idea myself, but would love to lear...

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering on water resistant down and Pertex fabric
November 01, 4:27pm

Re: Re: Value of substantial suspension
"For a 20lbs load you only need decently padded shoulder straps, a fairly minimal hipbelt and maybe a simple UL frame if that's your preference." Everyone is different. There is N...

In GEAR » Value of substantial suspension
November 01, 1:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
I purchased the Vargo canister stove from them at a GREAT price. They had such a run on sales because of the low price that is was sold out. They left me a personal phone message letting me know tha...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 3:07pm