BPL Community Profile

Christopher Mills (Hiker816) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Denver
About Me Christopher Mills has not added a biography yet.
CityDenver
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Mills

Showing 111 - 120 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Re: Extra Long Shoulder Straps
Though pricey, some of Dan McHale's packs might fit the bill. All of his packs have much longer shoulder straps than packs from other manufacturers, and he's making some smaller packs now....

In GEAR » Extra Long Shoulder Straps?
February 11, 5:02pm

Re: Straps
Yeah, they're worthless for people who have always used strapless poles, or who used the straps just as keeper straps, and who wherefore used poles for balance rather than to bear weight. But ...

In GEAR » GG Lightrek 4 poles w/ straps
February 02, 9:34pm

GG Lightrek 4 poles w/ straps
Haven't seen this mentioned yet so I figured I would say something. Anyone else get Gossamer Gear's latest newsletter and see that they are soon going to be bringing to market Lightrek 4 p...

In GEAR » GG Lightrek 4 poles w/ straps
February 02, 9:03pm

Re: Socks
I'm a big fan of drymax socks. A lot of ultra-runners and adventure racers use them. In addition to being better than other socks for friction (IMHO), they seem to fit much better. One reaso...

In GEAR » Socks
February 02, 8:56pm

Re: 41.6g (1.47oz) Stove and Canister
Wow! That's just amazing. What's the gas canister made of?

In Make Your Own Gear » 41.6g (1.47oz) Stove and Canister
January 17, 2:40pm

Re: Small Animals
It's not foolproof, but you could take an aluminum pie tin and suspend it upside down on the line from which your pack hangs, a few feet above the pack. You'd have to run the hang line thr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Small Animals
January 12, 10:53am

Mountain Bikes on Natl. Park Trails
I've always been told that the big reason bikes are not allowed on the PCT is horses--they are very easily spooked by the bikes. I don't think horses and bikes co-exist very well. So if y...

In Philosophy & Technique » Mountain Bikes Being Allowed On Natl. Park Trails
December 18, 8:29pm

Re: Secretary of the Interior
The NY Times did a little story on Salazar today. It is not entirely flattering. The gist of it is that the oil, gas, and mining interests are supportive of Salazar's appointment. Environmen...

In Chaff » Secretary of the Interior
December 18, 2:24pm

Giardia Vaccine
A friend of mine just alerted me to this article. Looks like we might get a workable Giardia vaccine in the not too distant future: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/16/science/16giar.html?_r=1&am...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Giardia Vaccine
December 16, 3:50pm

Re: Cuben Fiber
Ron Bell was nice enough to send me some fabric samples to "destructo test", including a sample of the spectralite Cuben Fiber. I haven't yet tried sewing it to see how much sewing w...

In GEAR » Cuben Fiber Fragile- Huh?
December 11, 11:20am

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Mills

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
I'm also a huge fan of the RR Adventure shirt. I've used it on a couple PCT thru-hikes and many smaller trips and it is the most versatile article of clothing I've ever used. I took two ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 02, 7:50am