BPL Community Profile

Greg F (GregF) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Canadian Rockies
About Me Greg F has not added a biography yet.
CityCalgary

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg F

Showing 111 - 120 of 573 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...58

Forum » Thread

Re: Does Clothing Count?
I think your asking the wrong question. Counts implies there is some kind of contest and that seemed like where the other thread was headed. What really matters is how does the weight affect your...

In GEAR » Does Clothing Count?
April 12, 7:17am

Re: Help with pack choice...
What pack are you using now? One thought would be to wait to update your pack and spend that money on something else in your kit. If you buy now you are buying something with the intent of repl...

In GEAR » Help with pack choice...
April 11, 10:11pm

Dollars per ounce
I think bear canisters come down to dollars per ounce saved and could those dollars per ounce be better put to something else in your kit. $15 per ounce on the weekender and $30 per ounce for the ...

In GEAR » Bearikades
April 09, 11:34am

Fleece vs Puffy
I don't think its an either or. I use fleece insulation to be warm enough when moving and puffys to go over top for breaks. So for summer in the rockies I don't bring a fleece as a long...

In GEAR » Fleece reconsidered
April 09, 11:10am

Re: Light Pack for Family Trips? (60L+ and 35 lbs+ capacity)
Maybe ULA would do a custom catalyst with a longer extension collar to get more space. Maybe a Six moon designs starlite with stay. For family trips I use an old MEC Serratus pack that after ...

In GEAR » Light Pack for Family Trips? (60L+ and 35 lbs+ capacity)
April 06, 10:01pm

Re: Re: Upright canister stoves
I really like the optimus crux because of how well it stores. With other stoves i always had a hard time fittine the canister stove and wind screen in the pot so the lid would fit on.

In GEAR » Upright canister stoves
April 06, 9:58am

Targeting
Or it will use the the cell signal you are transmitting to target and remove unwanted threats from the back country.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Drones and phones
April 03, 3:42pm

ritual
I like having everything but my bag and food packed for the next trip so when I get home I pull out everything that needs drying or washing and get that started. Then go have a shower. When done ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post hike rituals- gear maintenance
April 03, 3:40pm

Re: Enlightened Equipment vs Jacks R Better - advice please
Have you considered a synthetic quilt for the summer? The big benefit would be for winter if you layered your quilt over top of your bag it would likely put the dew point into the quilt where the ...

In GEAR » Enlightened Equipment vs Jacks R Better - advice please
April 02, 5:34pm

Baseweight
What is your baseweight and total pack weight going to be? Do you need a frame? Are you using a CCF pad as a frame? Are you going to run at any point in time where bounce will be a concern? ...

In GEAR » Speed Hike Pack Recommendations
March 31, 4:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg F

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Walmart saved my trip. I was packing up the night before I was to leave and went to grab what i thought was a full butane canister and it was empty. It was 10pm and i was leaving at 5 the next morni...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 20, 7:27pm

Mont Bell Ultra-Light Spiral Down Hugger #3 Long
I had a chance to test out my new UL Spiral down hugger #3. This is the regular version not the super stretch. It still has the diagonal baffles so it does have a little more give than an average ba...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 05, 11:33pm