BPL Community Profile

David Gardner (GardnerOutdoorLD) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Long-time backpacker and ultralight fan. Day job as an attorney. Did civil and mechanical engineering before law school. Have a cottage business making super ultralight stoves, cook kits, trekking poles, polycryo tarp/tents and saws
CityPetaluma
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.GOLDGear.co

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Gardner

Showing 111 - 120 of 340 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...34

Forum » Thread

Pull saw blades
Since starting this thread I have become most interested in saws that are capable of cutting small to medium logs or timbers, not just dead branches for wood fires. For trail maintenance, but also ...

In GEAR » Ultralight Saws
December 01, 8:11pm

Re: Re: Pruning Saw Progress
It's called Plasti-Dip. Obtained from my local hardware store. Comes in multiple colors. http://www.plastidip.com/

November 30, 5:49pm

Fun With Slots
Thanks for the props guys. Glad you're enjoying this thread. I'm having a blast. So I took the Dremel to the saws and connected the holes to make slots. Major weight reductions. Got the ...

November 30, 12:48pm

HOLIDAY SPECIAL! 25% OFF ALL GOLD GEAR EQUIPMENT
25% off to BPL members on all GOLD Gear super ultralight camping/survival gear, Thanksgiving through New Year's Day: Stoves Pots Windscreens Complete Kitchens Trekking Poles Polycryo Ta...

In Gear Deals » HOLIDAY SPECIAL! 25% OFF ALL GOLD GEAR EQUIPMENT
November 28, 1:59pm

Does this count?
Eton hand-cranked & solar cell AM/FM/NOAA Weather radio, flashlight & USB charger: http://www.amazon.com/NFR160WXB-Microlink-Self-Powered-Weather-Flashlight/dp/B001QTXKB0/ref=sr_1_6?ie=U...

In GEAR » Alternative electronic gadget chargers
November 27, 9:12pm

Pruning Saw Progress
Progress report on ultralight pruning saws. Took a suggestion from my Dad and ground down the back of the blade to lighten it. Carved off 1.7 ounces. Then tried drilling again. Spot annealing...

November 27, 5:18pm

Re: Re: Ultralight Saws
Ed, do you know how much the Bahco weighs, and its blade length?

November 27, 1:25pm

Re: Re: drilling hardened steel
"Trying to make the back edge of the blade into a knife is doomed to failure in most cases. Only the teeth are really hardened; the rest of the blade is relatively soft. This is deliberate and...

November 27, 12:04am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ultralight Saws
Justin, I'm considering a buck saw right now. Have some ideas I'd like to try out. It will have to wait until I finish the bow saw though.

November 26, 2:14pm

Re: Re: Ultralight Saws
James, Thanks for your comments and insights. Do you have any pictures of your modified Sven? I would be interested in seeing what you did to it. I can get about 75 lbs. of tension with my...

November 26, 12:17pm

All Reader Reviews by David Gardner

David Gardner has posted no reviews.