BPL Community Profile

Fred eric (Fre49) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale France, vallée de la Loire
About Me Fred eric has not added a biography yet.
CountryFrance

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Fred eric

Showing 111 - 120 of 395 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...40

Forum » Thread

talisker cask strengh
unfortunatly i cannot buy it in France and my last bottle is gone. so regular one , Lagavulin, Laphroaig or Springbank untill i visit Skye again

In Chaff » Most Beloved Trail Whisky/Whiskey
February 21, 1:42pm

feelmax
i use kuusa from feelmax http://www.feelmax.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=45&Itemid=107&lang=en&limitstart=8 211g /7,4oz the pair in ...

In GEAR » Has no one thought of this?
February 19, 12:32am

Patagonia, thanks for the photos
Thanks for the photos, it reminds me of a great trip :) I did the TDP clockwise too but because of the snow i wanted to do the steep part climbing. Camp Britanico is useful if you want to see t...

In Post-Trip Reports » Patagonia: Chile (Torre Del Paine NP "W" Circuit) & Argentina (Los Glaciares NP) Jan 25 - Feb 8, 2011
February 17, 12:01pm

bearpaw
Yes i am happy getting exactly what i wanted for a reasonnable price.

In GEAR » bearpaw inner for shangri la 5
February 17, 1:36am

cuben
yes mine is cuben .51 / nanoseeum and weights 340g / 12oz including 5 linelocs and a few webbings that could be be removed to shave a few 1/10oz using hiking poles it gives me a 3 people shelt...

February 16, 10:10am

bearpaw inner for shangri la 5
I ordered a custom inner for 3 peoples in my shangri la 5 as i wanted an asymetrical inner. with room outside of the inner under the shangri la. and one photo with 3 sleeping pads inside. ...

February 16, 7:18am

nice idea
i will look too about airbags. as for dyneema my wife tested it : Patagonian mices 1 - dyneema 0

In Make Your Own Gear » Dyneema X: rodent proof?
January 29, 2:40pm

evazote
R value vary with thickness AND density of the evazote pad, its not linear for density though, some are more efficient, but then it also depends on how it reacts to the weight of the sleeper, ha...

In GEAR » Wonderfully Thick Closed Cell Foam Sleeping Pad
January 27, 12:54pm

Scottish lanscapes
I miss them, last time was south CWT in 2009, i was too late by one month for this year tgo, so i already programmed an alert for next year :)

In Post-Trip Reports » Scottish backpacking
January 17, 1:47pm

bladder
my 2l platy and cut down to size hose weights : 2,8oz /80g if temps below -5°C i dont use the hose but above the freezing is manageable.

In GEAR » Anyone move away from Water Bladders?
January 16, 4:05am

All Reader Reviews by Fred eric

Showing 1 - 9 of 9 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
After a few overnight with this pack ( he was too big , but i wanted to try it asap, planning for 2013 TGO ), i just did my first one week snowshoeing hike with it. - first as i have complained on ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 03, 3:09am

Black Rock Gear Hadron
I ordered an XL Hadron, because the previous blackrock hat i had was a slightly tight fit in L. Evan questionned me by mail to check if i really needed an XL. I ended with a slightly larger than nor...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
September 15, 12:30pm

MLD Trailstar
After some week end uses ill give it a 5 as a 2 adults plus 4 year old son shelter. With a ground cloth and stakes i am at about 550+150+100= 800g for 2 1/2 people. I like the simplicity , no ve...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
September 04, 8:03am

Backcountrygear.com
I wanted some dry bags for packrafting and to try shipito I bought 2 POE pneumo ltw 50l the last model with rounded bottom They sent me the 2009 model with square bottom that was on sale on their w...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 13, 12:52am

PHD minimus down socks
sizing is strange, my wife feet are 5/38 so i ordered Small in fact i can use them and my feets are 10 /44. The loft is impressing, but due to the construction you have a lot below the feet and b...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
April 01, 6:18am

Watchful Eye Designs Aloksak
i usualy use a ziploc for my money, visa card and id card while hiking this time when i left for 3 weeks in Greenland i decided to use the small aloksak that was given me with some other purchase o...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 09, 2:16pm

Thru-Hiker.com
Had after thought and sent a mail to change order. 30 min after it i recieved answer and refund so i could redo order : Hello Frederic- No problem at all with regards to the order changes. I&#...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 10, 2:01pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow
DR in the snow! Its a great lightweight 2 persons tent. First i like the headroom and 2 larges entries . My wife and i...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
February 20, 9:36am

Garmin eTrex Legend
I bought one and only use it for snow hiking out of trails. Otherwise as i cannot hike close to my home, i dont hike often in the same place, so i wouldnt buy a 100€ map for only 5-6 days of use. ...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
December 11, 11:40pm