BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 111 - 120 of 4940 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...494

Forum » Thread

Withdrawal from the BPL brain trust (need tent advice)
Nick, According to reports from users that have had the other tents mentioned, the Scarp is, without the x poles, at least as good in rough weather. Adding a couple of guylines and stakes, the Sc...

In GEAR » Withdrawal from the BPL brain trust (need tent advice)
May 17, 6:58pm

Withdrawal from the BPL brain trust (need tent advice)
given that you seem to like the shape of the Akto and Laser, I suggest you could take a look at the Tarptent Scarp 1. Like the Moment it also comes with mesh or fabric inner (you chose...) but it...

In GEAR » Withdrawal from the BPL brain trust (need tent advice)
May 17, 5:03pm

1st post plus Tentative Gear List
The freestanding mode also allows a tent to be assembled and then moved to a different location without having to take it apart. In reality because it takes me less than two minutes to set a tent ...

In Gear Lists » 1st post plus Tentative Gear List
May 16, 7:30pm

1st post plus Tentative Gear List
No tent should be used without staking it down and ,in exposed areas, guying them down also. The freestanding mode is handy to be able to set them up without needing exact staking points. By that...

In Gear Lists » 1st post plus Tentative Gear List
May 16, 6:06pm

more down or no down at the bottom of the sleeping bag
A common reason for the 50-50 fill used by many manufacturers is because often folk take their bag with them when they turn , so that the bottom becomes a side or even the top. I was not aware tha...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » more down or no down at the bottom of the sleeping bag.
May 15, 8:42pm

OK umbrella peeps...let me have it!
"I tried the Luxury Lite umbrella which is designed to attach to my pack frame; so no hands needed! The only problem was that it didn't take very much wind to force me to fold up the umbre...

In GEAR » OK umbrella peeps...let me have it!
May 14, 11:36pm

Any recommendations for a lightweight shelter with extra large vestibule?
Misleading... must be an epidemic. What picture are you referring to ?

In GEAR » Any recommendations for a lightweight shelter with extra large vestibule?
May 14, 4:55pm

Any recommendations for a lightweight shelter with extra large vestibule?
I am not all that familiar with dogs but I do have two visiting regularly. I think they are of a smaller breed but would need separate vestibules because they don't really like each orther : ...

In GEAR » Any recommendations for a lightweight shelter with extra large vestibule?
May 12, 9:47pm

Any recommendations for a lightweight shelter with extra large vestibule?"
"I really like the tarptent stratospire 2, but the vestibule is not big enough for the dogs" One dog each side ? I don't know if you already have it or have seen an SS2 but the vest...

May 12, 7:37pm

Has anyone actually used the Stratospire 2 with three people?
This is the way I set it up : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyQT9JHloQM what you see there is my first time doing it this way and about half an hour after opening the parcel.

In GEAR » Has anyone actually used the Stratospire 2 with three people?
May 12, 4:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm