BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 111 - 120 of 5067 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...507

Forum » Thread

Attaching umbrella to a pack
You guys need a LW version of a Nubrella : http://nubrella.com/what-is-nubrella/

In GEAR » Attaching umbrella to a pack
August 09, 12:06am

pain in shoulder/arm from backpack?
"It's odd; seemed to fit okay when I bought it and during shakedown hikes but on the trail it just wouldn't stay tight enough" I have noticed that on some lighter packs too. A...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » pain in shoulder/arm from backpack?
August 08, 10:59pm

Winter boot fans, start drooling now.
Boot this is how Patagonia describes a previous Activist shoe with the same or very similar sole : November 10th, 2013 These shoes are ultra-lightweight are fit like lace up slippers. You ...

In GEAR » Winter boot fans, start drooling now...
August 08, 5:28pm

pain in shoulder/arm from backpack?
Keep in mind that most of the pack weight should be on your hips not your shoulders.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » pain in shoulder/arm from backpack?
August 08, 4:44pm

New Tarp User Questions
You could take a look here : http://www.bushwalking.org.au/FAQ/tarp/TarpShel.htm and or just type "square tarp configuration" in Google images, find one that you like and click on that ...

In GEAR » New Tarp User Questions
August 07, 11:24pm

Tarp Materials - Cuben & Silnylon
"And that very same slipperiness make silnylon a royal pain to fold/stuff" Helps if you know how to do it. The trick is to always do it so that air can escape on the sides. Just fo...

In GEAR » Tarp Materials - Cuben & Silnylon
August 07, 7:07pm

Light 1.5p/2P Tent Help!
An 84" long floor can have more usable space than one that is 90" long . This is how : (the white rope has the ends about 90" apart) the photo is only meant to illustrate the di...

In GEAR » Light 1.5p/2P Tent Help!
August 06, 6:34pm

Light 1.5p/2P Tent Help!
Michael, Seam sealing is something that some (like me) find very easy to do and others hate doing. (just like cooking,washing the car, mowing the lawn...) TT can do it for you for $30 or you coul...

In GEAR » Light 1.5p/2P Tent Help!
August 06, 5:22pm

MYOG Supplex pants with zippered vents
Looks to me that there could be a lot of rubbing from the zip on one side to the mesh on the other. The types I have seen have them on the outside and often shorter opening, but maybe worth a try.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Supplex pants with zippered vents
August 06, 1:11am

Pack rain cover = mobile ultralight shelter
If you add 4 grommets and some guylines it could be used as an emergency parachute. I can see some use for it as an improvised toboggan for some fun and speed too. If you make the inside in refle...

In Multiple Use Gear » Pack rain cover = mobile ultralight shelter
August 05, 6:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm