Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Here
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 111 - 120 of 5574 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...558

Forum » Thread

American Sniper pop up ad
It just happened again but forgot to get the URL

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » American Sniper pop up ad
June 06, 7:46pm

Compass Caddy on Kickstarter -- anyone seen this?
First thing it came to mind , and already mentioned by Kenneth, is that poles are banged against the ground/rocks/logs 20 to 30 thousands times per day . Can't be good for a compass to get tha...

In GEAR » Compass Caddy on Kickstarter -- anyone seen this?
June 05, 4:23pm

Well I think that stuffing sleeping bags (gadget free) should be an Olympic sport.

June 04, 7:36pm

Potential breakthrough battery life extender?
From that PC World article I particularly liked this line : "This is my collection of spent alkaline batteries. Maybe it’s a good thing I never recycled them—with Batteriser I may never n...

In GEAR » Potential breakthrough battery life extender?
June 04, 7:00pm

I love Kickstarter projects. Not this one.

June 04, 6:47pm

American Sniper pop up ad
Today,for a third time over the last few days , a full page ad for American Sniper has opened going from one forum to another here at BPL. Has this happened to anyone else ?

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » American Sniper pop up ad
June 04, 6:06pm

Cleaning bottom of tent/bivy etc
Given the you are from Brissie you will know what Super Chux is. That is what I use . (BTW one for the tent, one as a towel and one for the "kitchen') This is Super Chux : 0.5 oz

In Philosophy & Technique » Cleaning bottom of tent/bivy etc
June 04, 5:00am

Down Question
My experience is that if the total amount of down is about the same it offers about the same insulation too. In my case a 32f Summerlite plus puffy jacket and pants equals a 20f Ultralite. Note t...

In GEAR » Down Question
June 04, 12:01am

New mid on the horizon - z-Shelter
The Tarptent StratoSpire 1 ,fly only, is about 20oz ($195) however it takes 2 full length mats set up that way (and can also do that with the inner in place, just) looks like this : When you ad...

In GEAR » New mid on the horizon - z-Shelter
June 03, 4:20pm

One-person tent using 0.5oz netting
Pretty obvious to the non obtuse that the OP meant you could use alternative ways of setting the tent up.

In Make Your Own Gear » One-person tent using 0.5oz netting
June 02, 3:09am

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm