BPL Community Profile

Alex Wallace (FeetFirst) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Simple really; I enjoy getting lost in my local mountains and that's it. This site passes the time when I find my way back to the fluorescent lights, ugh. If you would like detailed, up-to-date information about the conditions in the Sierra, check out the true authority at: http://www.highsierratopix.com/
CityWest Sacramento
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://picasaweb.google.com/awallace1980

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Alex Wallace

Showing 111 - 120 of 283 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...29

Forum » Thread

August 23rd
Thanks for sharing, Marc. Too bad about the smoke, but it sounds like you still had a good time. I have a permit for Agnew Meadows TH starting on the 23rd of August for what is suppose to be a n...

In Post-Trip Reports » "Ansel Adams Wilderness"
July 30, 12:07pm

I like mine...
I'm curious why you chose the Moment DW over the Notch since you prefer using trekking pole(s) for support? Regardless, I'm sure you'll be pleased. Additionally, a semi-solid in...

In GEAR » Lightweight shelter for 6' side sleeper?
July 30, 10:51am

Thank you, sir!
Awesome. In my cart, with the %20 discount applied, I have an Exped Lightning 45L backpack for $175 and free shipping! Thank you. Do you happen to know when the current discount offer will expire?

In Gear Deals » campsaver 20% off coupon
July 30, 10:29am

Looks good to me
That's pretty much my default setup for summer hikes in the high Sierra and its served me well so far. The only items I would add are (1) a head net (which I bet you already plan on bringing an...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierra clothing too light?
July 25, 2:00pm

I've only used it once so far
I've only used it on one, 2-night, trip with my family (wife and toddler son) so far and don't really have much to say since the conditions were calm, well except for the mosquitoes! I'...

In GEAR » imogene 3 golite tent
July 17, 4:55pm

Re: Nico's Setup
I too am intrigued by the Cilogear pockets. I actually use a Cilogear 45L Worksack on most of my trips, but decided to get some Zimmerbuilts for the side pockets after seeing what he made for a Por...

In GEAR » How to pack the HMG Porter pack?
July 16, 10:58am

"old"?
"So far in two downpours it has proven to be highly water-resistant, highly wind-resistant, and still more breathable than the 2013 Houdini and probably on par with my old 2012 Houdini." ...

In GEAR » Westcomb Crest Hoody -- a replacement for the venerable Houdini?
July 12, 6:20pm

anti-gravity?
From your photo it appears that this is the much more desirable Anti-Gravity model, not the Zip.

In Gear Swap » FS: Jetboil zip
July 09, 3:50pm

Simple mind of Grog like pictures
Awesome, thanks for posting the photos and report! I'm heading up there this weekend to go check out Iceland Lake via Kennedy Meadows TH. Looks like snow shouldn't be a problem, but mosquit...

In Post-Trip Reports » Backpacking with heavyweighters
June 26, 1:11pm

Re: Re: trip report?
I apologize to the OP for my rude and unwarranted comment above(possibly fueld by one too many last night). I appreciate you taking the time to post your report. With that being said, I still reall...

In Post-Trip Reports » Backpacking with heavyweighters
June 25, 11:50am

All Reader Reviews by Alex Wallace

Alex Wallace has posted no reviews.