BPL Community Profile

Einstein X (EinsteinX) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale The Netherlands
About Me Started hiking somewhere around Y2K, with a 50 pound pack, incl. food, water and fuel.
That dropped down to ~37 pounds incl. f, w & f, which wasn't that bad concidering traditional gear and food for ten days!
Than the UL bug bit me and my gear weight dropped and dropped to a baseweight of ~10 pounds for my Scotland-16-day-Solo.
Going solo for 3 days two nights max, baseweight is down to 4lbs2; Going solo for longer baseweight is down to 8lbs2.
CountryThe Netherlands
My PDF Gear ListGear list TGO Challenge 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Einstein X

Showing 111 - 120 of 341 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...35

Forum » Thread

Re: Boot Sizing
Scott, When trying on a boot do as follows: Step into the boot and slide your foot all the way forward untill your toes touch the front of the boot. Than the full width of your finger should ...

In GEAR » Boot Sizing
November 19, 4:23am

You forget one important factor...
I'm quite intregued in this concept, but I think you're forgetting one important factor which contributes to your shell being able to move vapour through the fabric. There are three majo...

In GEAR » Does gortex act as a vapor barrier...
November 18, 10:45am

Re: Running packs
>Another good pack worth considering is the Macpac Amp 25 or 40. Nice looking harness (on the web).< I definately second that pack.

In GEAR » Running with UL Packs
November 16, 4:22am

Re: Re: Re: Running with UL Packs
Crazy ideas? Dunno what you mean... Like sewing the shoulder straps of your Whisper onto your windshirt (or in the case of Les Sables onto a baselayer would be beter), adding a zipp from the nec...

November 15, 1:40pm

Re: Re: Does gortex act as a vapor barrier...
Theoratically it goes like this. Vapour can permeate through a fabric if there is a vapour humidity differential between each side of the fabric. Basically the drier it is on one side on the mor...

In GEAR » Does gortex act as a vapor barrier...
November 15, 12:16pm

Re: Running with UL Packs
I'd be worried that while running all the bouncing wil destroy my Whisper. I wouldn't run with that one. For running I love my Eider Adventure Race Pack. It's a vest-pack and for run...

November 15, 12:01pm

Re: rogue packs of playmates
ROTFL :D:D:D

In GEAR » waned:camping instructor for Playboy Playmates, really
November 15, 11:54am

Re: Pullover Shoftshell?
Why do you want a softshell? They are overrated and don't work very well in the outdoors, at least not to shed rain. They're ok for very cold whether but not for rain. Get a fleece/winds...

In GEAR » Pullover Shoftshell?
November 12, 10:46am

Re: Camping in high humidity
Adrian, A couple of years back I worked at a tentshow. We had a tarp on display and just for fun I decided to camp underneath. These shows are early spring with day time temps in the high 60'...

In GEAR » Camping in high humidity
November 12, 4:36am

Re: Re: Light weight shoes and my knee injury
Hey Tom, always nice to get your input. And I agree with you that so far I haven't walked more comfortably than on my low cut hiking shoes (I won't call mine trailrunner cause I wouldn&#...

In GEAR » Light weight shoes and my knee injury
November 11, 6:45am

All Reader Reviews by Einstein X

Einstein X has posted no reviews.