BPL Community Profile

Simon Wurster (Einstein) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Big Apple
About Me Simon Wurster has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListSummer 2010 Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Simon Wurster

Showing 111 - 120 of 258 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...26

Forum » Thread

Boiling 8 oz. 2X vs. 16 oz. 1X
Assuming alcohol stove, 14-16 oz boiling water for meals, same vol. for hot beverage (using separate larger cup). Boil 8 oz, pour out, refill, boil next 8 oz. Assume 16 oz pot and 8 oz pot are the ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Boiling 8 oz. 2X vs. 16 oz. 1X
June 20, 11:38am

Re: Bugs
"Does anyone make a side entry bug shelter? (apart from the MLD Mid designs)" Not that lightweight, but the Integral Designs Bugabivy has a right-side zipper. Packed at about 16 oz, bu...

In GEAR » Have a tarp. Now what about the bugs?
June 19, 7:37am

Re: Ultra light flashlights
I bought the Mongoose on sale on a whim. Detached from that gnarly, magnetic, flexible attachment, the head weighs 1 oz. on my scale. I like the idea of separate colored LEDs instead of colored...

In GEAR » Ultra light flashlights
June 06, 12:07pm

Re: FYI: SteriPEN batteries
I have AW's 3.7V RCR123As, which come off the charger at about 4.2V, but don't stay at that voltage for long. After enough load, they typically drop down to 3.8 or 3.7 volts. I also hav...

In GEAR » SteriPEN batteries
May 11, 9:02pm

Re: Stealth lighting
Good advice all, thanks. @Ben and Ken: the best discussion of colors and night vision is this article on Night Vision. @Kevin: Even though it's mostly legal to camp along the AT, some of ...

In GEAR » Stealth LED Color
May 11, 8:38pm

Bulb Temperature Too
Neutral white (aka warm) bins are of special interest to us outdoors types, as the color temperature purportedly gives better depth perception and better contrast, making it easier to see details. ...

In GEAR » CREE bulbs best?
May 11, 4:53pm

Stealth LED Color
There's been a lot of good discussion regarding the color of tarps and tents (and clothing, packs...) for stealth camping, but not so much for stealth lighting (aside from "none" and ...

In GEAR » Stealth LED Color
May 09, 12:13pm

Re: Kooka Bay Kookalight Pillow
PM sent.

In Gear Swap » Kooka Bay Kookalight Pillow
April 11, 11:54am

Re: Bad Experience with Mountain House Dinner?
Did you save the packaging? Can you post the lot/serial #? I think I have one of those at home. Besides the freakishness of the incident, did losing that meal impact your trip? I've used MH ...

In GEAR » Bad Experience with Mountain House Dinner?
March 17, 10:54am

Re: Gear for sale
PM sent on Hot Socks.

In Gear Swap » Gear for sale
December 09, 10:28am

All Reader Reviews by Simon Wurster

Simon Wurster has posted no reviews.