BPL Community Profile

Joseph R (Dianoda) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Chicago, IL
About Me After lugging around 45lbs+ through a Nat'l Park or two, I decided UL was the way to go and haven't looked back. URL is to my Geargrams list for most of my 3-season trips. My other hobby is photography, if the destination is worth it, then add 1 to 7lbs to my base weight for camera gear. In case you were curious, my profile avatar image is Buck (aka 9 mile) Creek of the High Sierra Trail in Seki NP.
CityChicago
StateIllinois
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.geargrams.com/list?id=3859

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joseph R

Showing 111 - 120 of 271 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...28

Forum » Thread

Re: MLD RECALL Cuben Trailstars 2012
Yep, great stuff. Even a gear swap buyer like me gets the fix :D BTW, thanks again, Thom, for parting with such a sweet shelter - this thing a palace compared to my golite poncho tarp!

In GEAR » MLD RECALL Cuben Trailstars 2012
May 02, 1:05pm

Re: WTB Titanium Pot and Long down quilt
Hi Christian, I have a 700mL Backcountry.com Ti cookset I wouldn't mind parting with. The set is in new condition - I was planning to put together an UL cooking system to replace my jetboil f...

In Gear Swap » WTB Titanium Pot and Long down quilt
May 01, 7:38pm

Re: MLD RECALL Cuben Trailstars 2012
Thanks for the notice, Nick. I believe I have one of the affected models, as my trailstar has circular black reinforcement patches at the supplemental tieout points I would typically use to form t...

In GEAR » MLD RECALL Cuben Trailstars 2012
May 01, 1:57pm

Black Diamond Web Specials - Tracer Climbing Helmet $35.95 + shipping & more
Black Diamond direct is having a decent sale on winter-oriented skiing/mountaineering gear, some headlamps, too: http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en-us/shop/web-specials/ In particular, t...

In Gear Deals » Black Diamond Web Specials - Tracer Climbing Helmet $35.95 + shipping & more
May 01, 10:14am

Re: Can't believe
Advertising occurs on this site all the time, and works to great effect, it's just that the manufacturers and retailers don't pay for it - the product users and prospective users do it for ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Target knows if your pregnant and wants to sell you everything you need
April 30, 11:29pm

Re: Quilt
Hi Joshua, Regarding Howard's question about fill weight, fill weight typically refers to the total amount of down used in the quilt/sleeping bag/jacket/etc. For example, to make a quilt with...

In Gear Swap » FS :: J Dempsey Custom Quilt
April 27, 1:58pm

Re: Rain/windproof UL jacket
Hi Zack, Check out the recent BPL UL WPB jacket SOTMR, there plenty of other options to consider. Maybe give the Rab Pulse or Kinetic a look - both are UL rain shells weighing between 7-8oz (th...

In GEAR » Rain/windproof UL jacket
April 25, 6:52pm

Re: Re: Re: "Used TSS Quilt, 13.5oz, 30deg"
Hi Javan, I'm interested in the quilt for ground use. I'm not a very big guy - 5'8" and a peak girth of 48" at the shoulders - do you think your quilt would be a good choice ...

In Gear Swap » Used TSS Quilt, 13.5oz, 30deg
April 25, 5:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Ordering something from MLD is like...
This thread makes me feel spoiled for winning the Trailstar sweepstakes on gear swap.

In GEAR » Ordering something from MLD is like...
April 25, 4:14pm

Re: Big Agnes Trekking Poles
Sorry to derail the thread somewhat, but... FYI, if you are considering the Big Agnes Helinox Featherlite poles, you can order them (120cm, 135cm versions) for $48 from departmentofgoods.com: ...

In GEAR » Where can I buy Fizan Trekking Poles?
April 25, 2:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Joseph R

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Rab Xenon Jacket
The Rab Xenon (Spring '11) is a lightweight, well-featured synthetic insulation puffy jacket - my men's medium comes in at just under 10.4oz (294.3g - this is unmodified weight less retail tag...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
September 29, 2:55pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
Love it. I use a silk liner and wear a 200 weight merino beanie to sleep almost regardless of temperature to help keep the bag clean. Additionally, with said liner and beanie plus lightweight basela...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 16, 1:07am

Rab Infinity Down Jacket
Update 3/15/2012: I found a great deal on this jacket and took the plunge once again, this time for keeps, and have also revised my score from a 4 to 5. Why the change of heart? Well, a lot can ch...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
March 28, 4:31pm