November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Joseph R (Dianoda) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Chicago, IL
About Me After lugging around 45lbs+ through a Nat'l Park or two, I decided UL was the way to go and haven't looked back. URL is to my Geargrams list for most of my 3-season trips. My other hobby is photography, if the destination is worth it, then add 1 to 7lbs to my base weight for camera gear. In case you were curious, my profile avatar image is Buck (aka 9 mile) Creek of the High Sierra Trail in Seki NP.
CountryUnited States
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joseph R

Showing 111 - 120 of 271 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...28

Forum » Thread

Re: MLD RECALL Cuben Trailstars 2012
Yep, great stuff. Even a gear swap buyer like me gets the fix :D BTW, thanks again, Thom, for parting with such a sweet shelter - this thing a palace compared to my golite poncho tarp!

In GEAR » MLD RECALL Cuben Trailstars 2012
May 02, 1:05pm

Re: WTB Titanium Pot and Long down quilt
Hi Christian, I have a 700mL Ti cookset I wouldn't mind parting with. The set is in new condition - I was planning to put together an UL cooking system to replace my jetboil f...

In Gear Swap » WTB Titanium Pot and Long down quilt
May 01, 7:38pm

Re: MLD RECALL Cuben Trailstars 2012
Thanks for the notice, Nick. I believe I have one of the affected models, as my trailstar has circular black reinforcement patches at the supplemental tieout points I would typically use to form t...

In GEAR » MLD RECALL Cuben Trailstars 2012
May 01, 1:57pm

Black Diamond Web Specials - Tracer Climbing Helmet $35.95 + shipping & more
Black Diamond direct is having a decent sale on winter-oriented skiing/mountaineering gear, some headlamps, too: In particular, t...

In Gear Deals » Black Diamond Web Specials - Tracer Climbing Helmet $35.95 + shipping & more
May 01, 10:14am

Re: Can't believe
Advertising occurs on this site all the time, and works to great effect, it's just that the manufacturers and retailers don't pay for it - the product users and prospective users do it for ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Target knows if your pregnant and wants to sell you everything you need
April 30, 11:29pm

Re: Quilt
Hi Joshua, Regarding Howard's question about fill weight, fill weight typically refers to the total amount of down used in the quilt/sleeping bag/jacket/etc. For example, to make a quilt with...

In Gear Swap » FS :: J Dempsey Custom Quilt
April 27, 1:58pm

Re: Rain/windproof UL jacket
Hi Zack, Check out the recent BPL UL WPB jacket SOTMR, there plenty of other options to consider. Maybe give the Rab Pulse or Kinetic a look - both are UL rain shells weighing between 7-8oz (th...

In GEAR » Rain/windproof UL jacket
April 25, 6:52pm

Re: Re: Re: "Used TSS Quilt, 13.5oz, 30deg"
Hi Javan, I'm interested in the quilt for ground use. I'm not a very big guy - 5'8" and a peak girth of 48" at the shoulders - do you think your quilt would be a good choice ...

In Gear Swap » Used TSS Quilt, 13.5oz, 30deg
April 25, 5:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Ordering something from MLD is like...
This thread makes me feel spoiled for winning the Trailstar sweepstakes on gear swap.

In GEAR » Ordering something from MLD is like...
April 25, 4:14pm

Re: Big Agnes Trekking Poles
Sorry to derail the thread somewhat, but... FYI, if you are considering the Big Agnes Helinox Featherlite poles, you can order them (120cm, 135cm versions) for $48 from ...

In GEAR » Where can I buy Fizan Trekking Poles?
April 25, 2:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Joseph R

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Rab Xenon Jacket
The Rab Xenon (Spring '11) is a lightweight, well-featured synthetic insulation puffy jacket - my men's medium comes in at just under 10.4oz (294.3g - this is unmodified weight less retail tag...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
September 29, 2:55pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
Love it. I use a silk liner and wear a 200 weight merino beanie to sleep almost regardless of temperature to help keep the bag clean. Additionally, with said liner and beanie plus lightweight basela...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 16, 1:07am

Rab Infinity Down Jacket
Update 3/15/2012: I found a great deal on this jacket and took the plunge once again, this time for keeps, and have also revised my score from a 4 to 5. Why the change of heart? Well, a lot can ch...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
March 28, 4:31pm