BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 111 - 120 of 508 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...51

Forum » Thread

Re: Asolo 520
@Mike, can you give me more detail on how the stiff sole helps your ankle? Did you normally wear high boots before you broke your ankle?

In GEAR » Footwear coming back from an ankle injury
June 18, 10:42am

Re: thanks for the report
@Bill, actual break. My mother has osteoporosis so it's something I'm aware of and am being screened for. As for getting out, I was probably as lucky as you can get. Some guys hiking out...

June 18, 10:36am

Re: how?
@Bill, I broke it in the Grand Canyon, going down Tanner trail. We were about 5 miles into the Canyon, close to the bottom of the Redwall descent; steep, loose trail. My forward foot slipped a litt...

June 18, 9:35am

Footwear coming back from an ankle injury
I broke my ankle while hiking 2.5 months ago but am finally on the cusp of starting physical therapy. I have good sports medicine connections and am getting great care BUT their attitudes about hik...

June 18, 7:40am

Re: Re: Re: Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD)
My thoughts, FWIW. I read your post as well as the email thread. I don't know that you were as "clear" as you seem to think in expressing what your specific needs and expectations...

In GEAR » Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD)
May 29, 12:41pm

Re: ULA S-curve vs. J-curve?
Links to previous discussions that you may find helpful: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=45999 http://www.backpackinglight....

In GEAR » ULA S-curve vs. J-curve?
May 29, 10:54am

Re: Cheap gear upgrade advice!
Suggestions, for what they're worth: Backpack. GoLite is running a 15% off sale right now that would put their Quest (framed) or Jam (frameless) packs right around $100 in the volume she...

In GEAR » Cheap gear upgrade advice!
May 21, 9:09am

Familiar territory
Try starting with a hike you've done before. Familiar territory or trail will take the edge off of the "unknown".

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help me go Solo!
May 21, 8:36am

Re: Thanks sumi and eric
Just to clarify, we had issues with the headroom, which is a function of width, not length. The sides on a ridgeline (A-frame) design are sloped and, for two people to be comfortable side-by-side,...

In Make Your Own Gear » Feedpack on my 2 man cuben tent design
May 13, 12:53pm

Re: MSR Miniworks filters very slow
Call MSR. Miniworks is big and slow but not *that* slow and usually pretty easy to field-service. Something's not right. I had a problem with an old Sweetwater, called MSR and their customer...

In GEAR » MSR Miniworks filters very slow
May 06, 2:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.