Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 111 - 120 of 3042 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...305

Forum » Thread

Re: running-walking
Mike: I concur. Hiking seasons in which I plodded along, I got better at plodding along. Other years, when I push myself to walk at a faster pace, my pace gets faster. That effect was most marke...

In Philosophy & Technique » hiking cadence
April 08, 9:05pm

Re: Rain Chaps vs. Kilt
>"I like them but they do not breathe well." When I hear "chaps", I think of two separate, one-legged pieces. With ventilation in the bottom cuff at your ankle and out at...

In GEAR » Rain Chaps vs. Kilt
April 08, 1:53pm

Schrodinger's water bottle
If there's a 50% chance of the milk jug leaking, and lack of water will lead to your death, the good news it's only a probability that you're dead. Until someone finds your body.

In GEAR » Rodent proof box for water cache ideas needed
April 08, 1:15pm

CCA
In an automative use, much of the battery's size, weight and cost is related to cold-cranking amp requirements. If a battery chemistry has inherently high discharge rates, it would be an advan...

In GEAR » New revolutionary aluminium battery
April 08, 12:18pm

Re: leaking jugs
I'll concur with the fear-mongering about one-gallon milk jugs. About 1 in 8 of them, just from store handling and me getting it home, leaks a tiny bit out the bottom. It is really slow and a...

April 08, 12:15pm

Re: Re: Good freaking night
Ian, I truly was only conveying my feelings, of that Sunday morning, when I learned Doug and Jennifer were at the private event. And while I value Jennifer's knowledge of PT, anatomy, injur...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » GGG and my faux pas
April 08, 12:04pm

Re: Need to make some quilts for the kids.
How about buying an old down jacket at Goodwill for $10 and cutting it down into a 2-year-old-sized quilt? It might be quite as low a weight as with the best modern material and down, but it won&#...

In Make Your Own Gear » Need to make some quilts for the kids.
April 08, 10:06am

Re: Rodent proof box for water cache ideas needed
I've cached aluminum cans many times, and even ones with something tasty inside (Kern's fruit nectars) are never bothered by rodents, black bears or grizzlies. I'm moderately careful t...

April 08, 10:00am

Re: Re: Re: Re: New revolutionary aluminium battery
>"there are around 3 different USB cables the guy was carring for charging devices." These doodads save on cable weight by being shorter and combined into one unit. But most charge...

In GEAR » New revolutionary aluminium battery
April 08, 9:43am

Re: 5-10-15-20
On other planets with different anatomies and among the Polydactyly community, they distinguish between pack weights at 6, 12, and 18. Some take this to an extreme and call 16 pounds "U...

In Philosophy & Technique » Sub 5 pound - does it really matter?
April 07, 11:47pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.