Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 111 - 120 of 2628 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...263

Forum » Thread

Re: BIG rocks
Piper's title of "Big Rocks" reminds me: you can use old rock-climbing techniques on top of a granite surface or along vertical granite. A pebble in a loop of string can function as...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stake techniques
September 14, 9:21am

Re: Vocation vs Avocation
When my vocation was my avocation (working in a backpacking shop, teaching ski lessons, leading week-long trips in the Sierra), I didn't earn a lot. I lived like a college student (or at home)...

In On the Web » Vocation vs Avocation
September 13, 11:39pm

Re: Which Zebralight should I get?
For a PCT thru hike, I'd get H502w L2 AA Flood Headlamp Neutral White, especially if you wear it at waist level for hiking (try it if you haven't, because bumps and dips show much more reli...

In GEAR » Which Zebralight should I get?
September 13, 4:41pm

Re: floody or not...and typical setting used
On the H51, I use the middle setting for almost all hiking and it works well. You could walk slowly (or crawl) on the lowest setting, but that lowest setting is really for reading in camp, IMO. T...

In GEAR » zebralights h52w vs h52Fw
September 13, 3:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Small gas canister (50g)
I never use a single sentence in lieu of 3 paragraphs!

In GEAR » Small gas canister (50g)
September 13, 2:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Small gas canister (50g)
>"You may be aware that as a canister is used in an upright position, the propane will get used up very quickly (due to it's higher vapour pressure) and soon the canister will contain 9...

In GEAR » Small gas canister (50g)
September 13, 1:34pm

Re: zebralights h52w vs h52Fw
98% of the time, I want a flood for easier hiking. I wear/hold lights at my waist at night so I can see the ground contours better. Discerning the ground contours is easier with more uniform ligh...

In GEAR » zebralights h52w vs h52Fw
September 13, 12:09am

Re: Re: How to kill a trout
>"in spite of being a native born Californian" I'm a fifth-gen native San Franciscan (one grandmother was there for the earthquake and the other grandmother had the same Chemist...

In Fishing » How to kill a trout
September 13, 12:03am

Re: How to kill a trout
>"how do you kill a trout before gutting and cleaning it ?" I do no Tenkara fishing and very little with a rod&reel because one catches a lot more fish with a 5-foot-diameter ha...

In Fishing » How to kill a trout
September 12, 10:03pm

Re: Re: Reflected heat
>" the pot sits at somewhere between 0 C and 100 C, but it reflects IR radiation." Hmm. Shiny metal reflects much more IR radiation especially from glowing-orange burner parts. Pa...

In GEAR » Heat Exchanger pot for melting snow
September 09, 7:29pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.