BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 111 - 120 of 2287 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...229

Forum » Thread

Re: Shipping a pack
If the frame is pretty fragile, and you don't quite trust a cardboard board, you can insert a piece of plywood, even 1/4" snugly in the base of the cardboard box. That does a lot to take ...

In GEAR » Shipping a pack
February 19, 9:56pm

Re: Mini Mark
Oh, now this is going to get confusing. I see "Hank Roberts Mini Stove. . . " as updated 2 hours ago apparently by me and while I remembered the thread, I also knew I hadn't posted t...

In GEAR » Hank Roberts Mini Stove, Mark III, Review
February 19, 3:23pm

Re: Thanks
>"Thanks for the info guys. I was surprised to talk to folks to down pain killers before the race even starts." I'm married to one and hang out with a bunch of other Internists....

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
February 19, 10:33am

Re: Re: Report from Zion
I've always had a remote chance of making it that weekend (24,000 miles so far this year is already a lot of flying and I'll be coming off a weeklong family vacation) and I'd be hiker f...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
February 19, 9:38am

Report from Zion
Just surprised my wife with a V-day trip to Zion (from Alaska). No ultras were run, but it was a lovely trip. The Scenic Drive was very busy and all parking areas were overflowing, but (1) it the...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
February 19, 9:11am

Re: How Many Pairs of Socks Do You Carry?
>"I also usually carry two pairs of hiking socks, which I rotate every 2 hours" +1 On non-backpacking death marches, I change socks every 10 hours (3 hours). I turned them insid...

In GEAR » How Many Pairs of Socks Do You Carry?
February 18, 11:31pm

Re: proof
Larry, I'm pretty sure they have all my recent (decade, 15 years?) purchases accessible by my member number or phone number.

In GEAR » Return dilemma
February 14, 9:03am

Multiple Return Dilemma
Not to stir the pot further. . . well, okay, I will: What if a company offered a "Truly lifetime jacket" and they explicitly said if the zipper breaks, it gets worn through, so dirty a...

In GEAR » Return dilemma
February 14, 12:10am

Re: Return dilemma
I bought a steak at Safeway 5 weeks ago and kept it in the refrigerator. I took it out for dinner yesterday and it was all green and fuzzy. Should I return it for a refund? That might sound sa...

In GEAR » Return dilemma
February 13, 6:25pm

Re: fire as survival
Jerry, I concur that in almost all true survival situations, getting out of the weather and into all possible clothes, sleeping gear, and shelter trumps dealing with a fire. Radiant warmth on o...

In Editor's Roundtable » Vaseline-soaked Cotton Balls
February 13, 11:40am

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.