Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 111 - 120 of 3171 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...318

Forum » Thread

Re: flame resistant cloth for low impact cook fires?
I've got a 12-inch square of fiberglass, designed for plumbers working with a torch in tight quarters. Maybe 5 ounces. But pretty thick. A lighter weight of fiberglass would be, well, lighter...

In GEAR » flame resistant cloth for low impact cook fires?
June 23, 8:00pm

Too close for comfort
"I also suspect that some people ... actually rather prefer,. . . . To ease their fear of the boogeyman." I note similar behavior on foggy roads. Drivers who drive slowly when on their...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Camping to close for comfort
June 23, 7:11pm

Ramen
Pretty calorie dense, super quick, and super-duper cheap is Top Ramen. If you don't cook it. I saw an Aussie family in NZ stop for lunch, each pull out their "2-minute noodles", and e...

In GEAR » Lightest, delicious and most caloric meals per ounce?
June 23, 10:21am

Re: Tabouli
Just buy a box at the store - next to the pasta, in ethnic food or maybe in the health food section. Or let Amazon ship it to you. If you love it, then consider sourcing more in bulk. As a famil...

June 22, 11:09am

Re: Lightest, delicious and most caloric meals per ounce?
Tabouli with more than the called for olive oil? No cook, tasty, and hydrates for lunch as you hike in the morning. I save sturdier 8-ounce disposable water bottles for transporting the oil and...

June 22, 11:00am

Re: Creating Case for Rod, can't find End caps!
I've gone to plumbing and electrical supply houses and asked to buy the protective end caps used to ship threaded pipe. They are very similar to patio furniture end caps - a little squishy. Usu...

In Fishing » Creating Case for Rod, can't find End caps!
June 22, 10:53am

Sleeping pads?
Any need for sleeping pads? I've got a mess of old-style thermarests - too heavy by today's standards for backpacking (they used to be the go-to pad), but thicker, warmer, and sturdier tha...

In Gear Swap » WTB- some car camping essentials
June 20, 11:53am

Another Alaskan weighs in.
I appreciate Buck putting the fear of bears into perspective. I too, just got off the trail in bear country - a pretty (infamously) tough 33-mile trip, the Chilkoot Trail from Skagway, Alaska t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear Spreay 225g or 325g?
June 20, 7:15am

Stiffer soles.
If your feet feel beat up, I'd look for more stiffness in the soles, not cushioning. I assess that by taking a display shoe, gripping the toe end in one hand and the heel in my other and trying...

In GEAR » Help with choosing shoes please
June 14, 1:28am

Re: BPL Exclusive!
I am Spartacus!

In Chaff » BPL Exclusive!
June 13, 1:30am

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.