Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 111 - 120 of 2637 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...264

Forum » Thread

Re: "Making your own!!!?"
Yeah, MYOG on BPL can a little bit like lunch with Dilbert:

In GEAR » Single AA battery headlamps
September 18, 11:00pm

"Artifacts"
Yeah, you go to a place like Olduvai Gorge in Africa and the place is trashed! Littered with old stone tools, even human (well, proto-human) bones left exposed - not even properly buried! What o...

In Philosophy & Technique » LEAVE NO TRACE
September 18, 10:05am

Re: Single AA battery headlamps
I know what you mean about 3xAAA lights - more expensive per watt-hour and often harder to find. And three always leaves you with one extra battery after buying 2-packs or 3-packs (not a problem ...

In GEAR » Single AA battery headlamps
September 17, 11:56am

Re: the string thingie on mittens
Definitely, no one runs the Iditarod without them.

In GEAR » Total luxury XUL (SUL) is now possible
September 16, 11:25pm

Clothing
No need to be insulting. I'd say it like this: Until, on the coldest night you plan for, you are wearing all your clothes inside your sleep system, you could bring less clothing. The exc...

In GEAR » Total luxury XUL (SUL) is now possible
September 16, 2:03pm

Re: mtns
>" I am familiar to Midland water, thats where the inlaws live ;). will a filter help the awful water?" A particulate filter won't help the taste. Granular activated carbon wil...

In Pre-Trip Planning » guadalupe mountains
September 16, 11:34am

Re: Re: Ice Axe Question
>"but it is not supposed to be a walking stick." I differ on that. On vertical ice, you want a shorter ax because you're swinging it like a hammer to plant the pick and/or driv...

In GEAR » Ice Axe Question
September 16, 11:19am

Re: Re: Re: Looking for New Product Feedback- Camp Chairs
The REI version that Andrew posted a pic of ain't UL. 18 ounces. I don't see how they can make it weigh that much. 22-inch legs, 15-inch height in use, aluminum legs. I've made them...

In GEAR » Looking for New Product Feedback- Camp Chairs
September 14, 9:59pm

Re: Re: Packraft dynamics
> or sliding down a river which comprises a very large ramp? Consider the extreme case of boating over a waterfall (do NOT try this at home, kids): Are you "sliding" over the surfa...

In Packrafting » Packraft dynamics
September 14, 1:08pm

Re: BIG rocks
Piper's title of "Big Rocks" reminds me: you can use old rock-climbing techniques on top of a granite surface or along vertical granite. A pebble in a loop of string can function as...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stake techniques
September 14, 9:21am

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.