Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 111 - 120 of 3126 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...313

Forum » Thread

Settling up.
Here you go, Jennifer. You can keep the change.

In GEAR » Insole Thoughts and Recs, I guess it's time to finally try them.
May 14, 4:29pm

GPS versus phone
Dedicated GPS: Redundancy (you can fall back to using your phone). More robust. By a lot. For shock and for water (can be submerged to 1m for up to 30 min). Better battery life. Easy to ext...

In GEAR » GPS
May 14, 11:33am

No need to be all-thumbs.
>"I use a Mini Bic to light the corner of an Esbit, rolling the striker with index finger rather than thumb" I do this as well. And, like any use of a Bic lighter, it is far easier...

In Gear Deals » FIRE and the 3 P's
May 14, 11:21am

Re: Bearspray not allowed
>"I'm glad I read this thread as it makes me more comfortable to go on my (probably solo) trip to SEKI this summer." Please feel comfortable about your personal safety regarding...

In GEAR » Another bear attack. Should I get some spray?
May 14, 11:14am

Re: Re: Re: Bearspray not allowed
>"I don't think that's hyperbole at all." +1 If I flip the question around from, "Should I be allowed to carry bear spray on Yosemite backpacking trip?" to &quo...

May 14, 10:18am

Re: Thanks
That's what I'd do - get to Fresno the night before a 12:30 pm flight. I'd be too nervous about relying on hitch hiking to get that far that far, that quickly even with all the HHing ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Transportation Wawona Hotel to Fresno Airport
May 14, 10:04am

Re: Bearspray not allowed
Theo, here's someone's thoughts from TripAdvisor when asked that Q: 1. No bear related human fatalities in the history of the park. 2. No longer any grizzly bears in the park. 3. T...

May 13, 11:58pm

Re: Re: First trip out west
I'd rephrase Marko's thoughts as, "consider it somewhat of a survey trip". A sampler. 3-day-long trips in a couple of different areas. Then your gear, food, and pack weight bec...

In Pre-Trip Planning » First trip out west
May 13, 11:47pm

Overconfidence
Ralph: "There's a similar issue with bicycle helmets." That was also the case with Anti-lock Braking Systems when they first came out in the early 1980's. Of course they'd...

May 13, 11:39pm

Re: Re: efficacy of bear spray
Great story. In the future, may I suggest, "This land is your land, this land is our land. . . ."

May 13, 10:33pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.