BPL Community Profile

Dave T (DaveT) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Dave T hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dave T has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dave T

Showing 111 - 120 of 2028 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...203

Forum » Thread

TRT.
The Tahoe Rim Trail is a great, easy trail to do in summer or fall. 165 miles (or a bit longer with some side trips). Beautiful and a great one to do with a VERY light pack. Give it 7 days and 25mp...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 150-250 Mile Trails in US?
March 05, 11:51am

cooking.
I used isobutance canisters the whole way on the PCT, and it was easy. Usually easy to buy them, along with a few sent and/or hiker boxed. If it rains as much on you as it did on me all through Ore...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » No-cook/Stoveless/soaking method for PCT Thru.
March 05, 10:01am

changing gear.
A few years back I definitely stopped buying new stuff, and now I just try to use what I have. And I'm selling off random things that aren't getting used much. It's fun to talk about ge...

In GEAR » Can't stop changing gear?
March 05, 9:57am

podcasts
I recommend some good podcasts (and/or music) on an Ipod shuffle. Oh, and scotch.

In Philosophy & Technique » How Do You Occupy Self during Evening/Downtime when Solo?
March 02, 2:51pm

SOLD - Two Columbia Titanium hiking shirts in XL
SOLD

In Gear Swap » FS: MSR snowshoes, GG Virga pack, Columbia hiking shirts (XL), one Peak UL trekking pole
March 01, 9:21pm

kickstarter
"Due diligence is required if you are funding something and hoping for a return on that investment." How does that due diligence happen? Chase outlines his plans, promises a whole set ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Solo Death Valley Trek
February 28, 3:30pm

kickstarter.
Not sure if one makes a trend, but this one was the second of two Kickstarter items on BPL of late. The Hendrik situation got a number of folks pretty (rightfully) wound up, and this one is apparen...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Solo Death Valley Trek
February 28, 2:10pm

PIF: USFS maps for PCT Washington - Southern and Northern sections
Happy to send along these two maps free of charge if you think they will be of actual use to you. PCT maps from the Forest Service for the Washington part of the trail - actual nice big topo maps w...

In Gear Swap » PIF: USFS maps for PCT Washington - Southern and Northern sections
February 28, 9:51am

Petzl XP2 / Core
I have a couple of Petzl XP2 headlamps with the Core battery. Not the lightest, tiniest, whatever, but it has useful light levels, flip up diffuser, charges off USB, etc. Works for me - use them al...

In GEAR » Headlamp recommendations
February 27, 2:00pm

Banner
I'll agree that Banner is a Class 2 talus slog with incredible views at the top. Definitely recommended.

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT rest days & mosquitos
February 27, 1:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Dave T

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Squall

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 09, 5:22pm

Tarptent Contrail

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 09, 5:18pm