Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dave Heiss (DaveHeiss) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Backpacker since 1973, started going lighter in 2003
CityCamano Island
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dave Heiss

Showing 111 - 120 of 287 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...29

Forum » Thread

OR Ion Windshirt
I'll take the Outdoor Research Ion Pullover Windshirt. Based on your post of 9/11 the price is now $40? Sending a PM too - thanks. Dave

In Gear Swap » FS: BPL Absaroka pack L, Icebreaker Bodyfit 260 M, OR Ion Windshirt p/o 3.5 oz XL, Roughriders Weatherpants XL, WM Flight Vest XL
November 30, 7:04pm

Exped air pillow
+1 on the Exped air pillow. Nice height, nice softness, no noise, light. And I've tried many different pillows...

In GEAR » My never ending search for the right pillow
November 14, 5:39pm

UL 7 pillow tie-outs
My UL 7 (medium) has the pillow tie-outs - it must be from an earlier production run. However, I don't use them. I think Exped SHOULD have put pillow tie-outs on the opposite (non-valve) end of...

In GEAR » My exped sun at ul7 is missing pillow tie-out points?
October 12, 11:54am

Exped UL Synmat7
I picked up this pad earlier in the year, and it's wonderful. Over the last 35+ years I've used everything from ensolite foam sheets to the original orange thermarest pads (and lots of othe...

In GEAR » Exped Synmat UL7
October 03, 4:01pm

MLD Large hipbelt pocket
Thanks, but I'm most interested in finding one of the original light grey dyneema large size MLD hipbelt pockets. Anybody have one of these available for sale?

In Gear Swap » WTB: MLD hipbelt pocket - Large
September 06, 12:09pm

WTB: MLD hipbelt pocket - Large
I have one of MLD's original (2009) light grey Dyneema hipbelt pockets, in a Large size (they used to be available in small, medium, and large), and I am looking for another Large size pocket f...

In Gear Swap » WTB: MLD hipbelt pocket - Large
September 04, 7:00pm

Sliding sleeping pad
Thanks - I had painted a few strips of thinned silicone onto the Contrail floor when I seam sealed it, but for the Exped SynMat UL, which seems to be a little slicker than my old pad, it looks like...

In GEAR » How to stop a sliding sleeping pad.
August 29, 11:27pm

How to stop a sliding sleeping pad
Andy, I have the same Exped Snymat UL pad, but I use mine in a Contrail. Did coating the floor work for you?

In GEAR » How to stop a sliding sleeping pad.
August 29, 2:41pm

Maybe tyvek?
Last week in North Cascades NP I used some tyvek pants to keep the mosquitoes from biting through my nylon pants, and they worked really well. Cheap too. I bet it wouldn't be hard to fashion so...

In Make Your Own Gear » Mosquito Proof Socks?
August 26, 6:14pm

Look again at the Sprint Aquatics
Rafi - Unless your feet are larger than size 11, go with the Sprint Aquatics (their sizing runs small). I use the Aquatics for stream crossings and camp shoes, and for me they work great. I adde...

In GEAR » River Crossing Camp Shoe ... Again :(
August 01, 3:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Dave Heiss

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Versalite
Andrea - I'm looking forward to your opinions on the Versalite 50. I've still got that pack on my short list, and hope you can provide some input on its comfort and functionality. My only conc...

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 5:37pm

02 Rainwear Rain Suit
I also have an O2 Rainwear suit. I picked up a pair a few years ago and have been really happy with the performance, but I still wince at the screaming yellow color every time I put them on. It is def...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 26, 11:34am