BPL Community Profile

Dave Heiss (DaveHeiss) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Backpacker since 1973, started going lighter in 2003
CityCamano Island
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dave Heiss

Showing 111 - 120 of 271 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...28

Forum » Thread

FS: Clearview pad, PackaFeather XL stove, Granite Gear pack, MEC vest, IKEA woodstoves, plus FREE stuff!
Big Agnes Clearview pad, 20”x60”x2.5” mummy style, 11oz. Slept on maybe 5-6 nights, always with a thinlight pad underneath. No leaks, no damage, in as-new condition. Includes stuff sack. $2...

In Gear Swap » FS: Clearview pad, PackaFeather XL stove, Granite Gear pack, MEC vest, IKEA woodstoves, plus FREE stuff!
April 29, 4:33pm

Handle up my friend
I have a TT Contrail and I always go handle up (TI Goat pole) when I set up the tent. I've never had the pole sink into soft ground, though if that's a problem where you hike just put the p...

In GEAR » Could someone please explain to me ...
April 06, 9:48am

Exped Synmat UL 7
I just bought one (the "S" size) and it looks very promising. The fabric is more robust than the original NeoAir, and I don't think any extra ground protection will be necessary. The ...

In GEAR » Synmat UL7?
April 01, 6:10pm

Ursack's are great
+1 for the Ursack. No hanging necessary, no worries.

In GEAR » Food Bag Recommendations?
March 30, 2:22pm

Happy ending
Will has finally found his Fugu. Dave - I got the jacket today. It is wonderful. I can't wait for winter now. Of course that means I no longer have one, but that's OK. I wasn't u...

In Gear Swap » WTB: New Balance Fugu Down Jacket!
March 28, 11:10am

Sleeping pad and alcohol stove for consideration
I've got a few UL items you might be interested in. I was going to eventually post them as part of a larger assortment, but these two might be good for you now. Big Agnes Clearview pad, 20...

In Gear Swap » WTB- Basically everything but a pack and clothes
March 25, 6:36pm

Ark/Exodus
I'm a huge fan of the existing MLD Ark/Exodus pack design. I particularly like that it's an ultralight pack that's built to last. Yes there are other frameless packs that are lighter, a...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Laurel Designs Exodus Backpack Review
March 22, 11:58pm

roll up stove
Holy cow. That stove is like nothing I've ever seen. Your design and production skills are off the charts. Well done!

In Make Your Own Gear » Roll-up stove
March 13, 9:19pm

Hey, they have medium tall
I went ahead and picked up a medium tall jacket. At $50 it's a pretty safe gamble, even if it's "superlight" only in name. The first ascent downlight jackets aren't available ...

In Gear Deals » Cabelas Superlight 750 Down Crazy Low prices...
March 02, 11:27am

Steam expands, you know...
Logan, Pour boiling water into a container, OK. Pour boiling water into a container and then screw the lid down tight? Something's gonna give, and chances are your oatmeal would spray everyw...

In GEAR » Idea - Cooking for the neat freak.
February 28, 10:05am

All Reader Reviews by Dave Heiss

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Versalite
Andrea - I'm looking forward to your opinions on the Versalite 50. I've still got that pack on my short list, and hope you can provide some input on its comfort and functionality. My only conc...

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 5:37pm

02 Rainwear Rain Suit
I also have an O2 Rainwear suit. I picked up a pair a few years ago and have been really happy with the performance, but I still wince at the screaming yellow color every time I put them on. It is def...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 26, 11:34am