BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 111 - 120 of 2107 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...211

Forum » Thread

Bivy
I think I'd like the bivy if you still have it. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

In Gear Swap » FS: SMD Swift, Med Belt and Stay; REI Minimalist Bivy Long
April 21, 10:32pm

Re news coverage
Maybe its also the fact that we have an airline tragedy, a capsized ship tragedy and a possible war in eastern Ukraine taking up our attention as well. I'm no fan of the way media often ope...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » yet ANOTHER major tragedy on everest
April 19, 9:42pm

Even more thread drift
Also it the south you can say anything about anybody as long as you preface it with "Bless his heart" As in "Bless his heart, he's dumb as a bucket of rocks" A similar ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Wild Camping in the US - advice for an Englishman, please!
April 18, 6:46pm

Alternatives?
I just bought a pair of Lone Peak 1.5. I liked the old version better but my pair doesn't have much life left in them. I understand all the negatives but I don't see much choice. I h...

In GEAR » Are any of the Altra shoes even a little durable?
April 18, 3:09pm

Re Re Love
In the states ya'll is generally a dead give away you are from the south. Kids in northern states and California always think I'm funny when I say that. Once I was unloading a bus full of...

In Philosophy & Technique » Wild Camping in the US - advice for an Englishman, please!
April 18, 7:37am

Early June
How soon do you think the Bob Marshell and Absaroka Beartooth areas would open up? Since I'm trying to work packrafting in I'm planning trips around water levels. I can hike in August but...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Early June in Montana
April 17, 4:32pm

Not Balloons
Balloons would probably move around too much to provide much shape. Maybe tubes of some kind or even an entire cheap raft would work better. You'd want fabric that didn't soak up water (c...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG packraft idea
April 15, 10:49pm

Theoretical Rabbit Hole
Sounds interesting to me David... I'd guess a skinning knife, bone saw, whetstone and ammo could add up to a pound or so. If that was all packed tightly into a hollowed out buttstock or att...

In Make Your Own Gear » Rifle Stock Ammo Holder
April 14, 6:15pm

Other mod
I thought to replace the sling swivel with cord. Lighter and quieter, why didn't I think of that? The ammo holder is nice by the way.

In Make Your Own Gear » Rifle Stock Ammo Holder
April 14, 5:30pm

Trade
Traded Red and Black pack. The orange pack and HMG pack are still there.

In Gear Swap » F.S. Customized Zimmerbuilt Pack
April 14, 4:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.