Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 111 - 120 of 2271 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...228

Forum » Thread

Re Re Re Re Re Pecos Wilderness Route help
"Luke : thanks for the idea of caltopo. I never even knew that existed. My production at work today is now shot :)" It gets worse... Check out "export" you can put the route...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Pecos Wilderness Route help
January 12, 10:39am

Research before buying
I can't speak to this situation but something seems too good to be true here. Those cheap five fingers were a red flag too me. For a while counterfeit five fingers were a major problem. Neve...

In Gear Deals » inovs for ~30-40$
January 12, 9:01am

Re Re Re Re Pecos Wilderness Route help
I can't tell you anything about that trail, I'd just try caltopo, should be pretty close. I've never done that area in May but it might be a bit early. You probably already know thi...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Pecos Wilderness Route help
January 11, 8:29pm

MYOG Version of the Unaweep Pack
Dave posted a write up on his MYOG version of the Paradox Unaweep here I liked the idea so I got an Unaweep frame and hipbelt and went to work on my own version. I decided to start with a s...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Version of the Unaweep Pack
January 11, 8:20pm

Drooling over Caltopo
I'm excited abut some trips in Wyoming and Montana. My plan if all goes well is to take 20 pounds of food and disappear into the wilderness for 2 weeks. No resupplies, no road crossings, just...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where are you excited to go in 2015?
January 11, 6:05pm

MYOG
If a tent is what you're after I have a suggestion for something that MIGHT be within your skill level since you already know how to sew. Sew two pieces of nylon together for a 8 x 10 tarp. ...

In GEAR » Soooo, I need a job.....
January 07, 5:37pm

Re Re Great Idea
Doing MYOG can be fun but there is a learning curve. If you try to make a tarp, or a pack don't be surprised if you make a mistake and have to buy more fabric and do it again. Depending on th...

In GEAR » Soooo, I need a job.....
January 07, 11:57am

Re Re Re Re Re Staff Surivivrs
I can assure you that writing articles for BPL is not a lucrative thing, most probably do it more for the love then the money. I generalyl avoid "downward spiral" debates because BPL...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2014 Staff Picks
January 04, 9:21pm

Re Re Wild Wolf
I did read that book as a teenager Bob. It was fun but I was disappointed to hear later that there was some evidence Mowat fabricated parts of the book. What a shame, he did enough interesting st...

In On the Web » Large Carnivores Getting Comfy in Europe
January 04, 5:34pm

Wild Wolve
My philosophical question would be how are European countries going to keep these wolves "wild" in the long run? I think a scenario is possible where the wolves begin to act like feral d...

In On the Web » Large Carnivores Getting Comfy in Europe
January 04, 5:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.