BPL Community Profile

Zorg Zumo (BurnNotice) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Zorg Zumo hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Zorg Zumo has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Zorg Zumo

Showing 111 - 120 of 214 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Testing Reveals Vunerability
People carry these things like a talisman - i.e a good luck charm. Back in the days of old, when you couldn't test them, everybody drank the koolaid that the COSPAS-SARSAT system was just soooo...

In GEAR » Need a PLB - REsQLink+406, FastFind 220 ????
July 21, 12:46pm

Re: Rex and Bob
And all but 3 rescues were because of piece of junk snowmobiles. Looks like the locals around there use the Cospas-Sarsat system to call for taxis. An expensive tax-payer funded service for Alaskan...

In GEAR » Personal Locator Beacons...
July 16, 8:25am

Re: Cooking in pot vs in bag
At the end of the day, when you're tired, you'll eat the same old Ramen or Lipton noodles again. Why? Because it requires creativity and time to make something interesting in a single pot. ...

In GEAR » Replacement for Glad Simply Cooking Microwaveable bags for FBC?
July 12, 10:48am

Re: Regular freezer bags and safety
If your goal is uber-lightweight, then going back to the pot is the right move. But then you're back to crummy meals and mess. If your goal is food safety - stay home. The trail is a very un...

July 11, 9:55am

Re: Replacement for Glad Simply Cooking Microwaveable bags for FBC?
7.98 grams per bag? Per 50? Per 100? Just wondering. Did they have resealable tops? I FBC and I guess I missed these - always looking for something new. I've been using ZipLock Quart-size Fr...

July 10, 9:36am

Re: Pepper Spray lacking when wolf attacking
http://naturalunseenhazards.wordpress.com/2011/12/08/alaska-report-confirms-wolves-killed-32-year-old-jogger-candice-berner-last-year/ Wolves ARE NOT cuddly doggies.

In GEAR » Pepper Spray lacking when wolf attacking
July 09, 5:53pm

Re: Synthetic underwear and odor
The ones I buy at Target do pretty well if they are washed out once in a while. They don't hold the stink like some older poly tops used to. Carry a little baking soda - works great for a nu...

In GEAR » Synthetic underwear and odor
July 07, 10:19am

Re: unscented body wipes?"
Well unless there is evidence that bears associate unscented baby wipes with food, I wouldn't worry about it. You have more problems ridding yourself of the scent of that trout you decided to g...

In GEAR » unscented body wipes?
July 03, 12:48pm

Re: GPS Reception...
>>why does anybody need to know "where" I am as long as I'm OK? Allowing an OK message to go through "without" coordinates is probably the most logical function Spot c...

July 03, 12:43pm

Re: Personal Locator Beacons...
Not sure why you think the logic is arbitrary - seems pretty simple really. TRACK & OK require a GPS fix, HELP & 911 don't. I've watched the standard handheld GPS have the exact ...

July 03, 10:38am

All Reader Reviews by Zorg Zumo

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Optimus/Primus? Svea 123R
It is the same weight as other white gas stoves, but with fewer moving parts. It is inherently more reliable over a very long history. It is very fuel efficient and the maximum heat output and flame a...

In Stoves - White Gas
May 23, 3:19pm