BPL Community Profile

Zorg Zumo (BurnNotice) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Zorg Zumo hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Zorg Zumo has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Zorg Zumo

Showing 111 - 120 of 219 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Not the best designed App - some basic problems
Now if you only use this app where you have cell service you'll never encounter these issues. But I recently carted my DroidX around the White Clouds of Idaho and Backcountry Navigator kindof s...

In GEAR » best app for navigation/GPS for a smart phone
August 18, 4:03pm

Has to operate over a wide range
The reason I like the Trangia is that it works well over a wide range of temps. I've made a lot of burners and the biggest downfall is that they often only work well in a narrow temp range. Usu...

In GEAR » Ever wonder why there isn't an aluminum Trangia alcohol burner?
August 08, 9:34am

Backcountry Navigator Pro
I just purchased it - so far so good. I'm leaving on a trip and I thought I would play with it. I don't mind the purchase price as I would've easily spent that in good hardcopy maps for...

In GEAR » best app for navigation/GPS for a smart phone
August 08, 9:15am

Re: Help with chooosing a 3 season quilt
20*f is what I use. Some suggestions: Use a blanket, lay on your side and try to adjust the blanky so that you can get an idea of the right width. Too narrow and you'll get cold spots. IMO wide...

In GEAR » Help with chooosing a 3 season quilt
August 06, 12:13pm

Re: What is your favorite UL solo alcohol cook system?
It kind of depends: If I'm hiking in good, warm weather (like now) then I carry my Whitebox setup. It saves a little weight over my next setup and the WB burner can hold a lot fuel for extended...

In GEAR » What is your favorite UL solo alcohol cook system?
August 01, 11:47am

Testing Reveals Vunerability
People carry these things like a talisman - i.e a good luck charm. Back in the days of old, when you couldn't test them, everybody drank the koolaid that the COSPAS-SARSAT system was just soooo...

In GEAR » Need a PLB - REsQLink+406, FastFind 220 ????
July 21, 12:46pm

Re: Rex and Bob
And all but 3 rescues were because of piece of junk snowmobiles. Looks like the locals around there use the Cospas-Sarsat system to call for taxis. An expensive tax-payer funded service for Alaskan...

In GEAR » Personal Locator Beacons...
July 16, 8:25am

Re: Cooking in pot vs in bag
At the end of the day, when you're tired, you'll eat the same old Ramen or Lipton noodles again. Why? Because it requires creativity and time to make something interesting in a single pot. ...

In GEAR » Replacement for Glad Simply Cooking Microwaveable bags for FBC?
July 12, 10:48am

Re: Regular freezer bags and safety
If your goal is uber-lightweight, then going back to the pot is the right move. But then you're back to crummy meals and mess. If your goal is food safety - stay home. The trail is a very un...

July 11, 9:55am

Re: Replacement for Glad Simply Cooking Microwaveable bags for FBC?
7.98 grams per bag? Per 50? Per 100? Just wondering. Did they have resealable tops? I FBC and I guess I missed these - always looking for something new. I've been using ZipLock Quart-size Fr...

July 10, 9:36am

All Reader Reviews by Zorg Zumo

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Optimus/Primus? Svea 123R
It is the same weight as other white gas stoves, but with fewer moving parts. It is inherently more reliable over a very long history. It is very fuel efficient and the maximum heat output and flame a...

In Stoves - White Gas
May 23, 3:19pm