November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Coyle (Bigsac) - BPL Guest

My Locale NorCal
About Me John Coyle has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Coyle

Showing 111 - 120 of 214 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

What is the best base layer
I bought two lightweight Merino wool shirts on sale oat REI a couple of months ago. One was Ibex (100% Merino wool) and the other TNF (80% Merino wool) I have worn them on day hiking and backpac...

In GEAR » What is the best base layer?
September 11, 6:54pm

looking for a replacement knife
I don't see how you could beat the Bear Grylls Compact Scout knife for $13.54 American. Yes it's made in China, but so is everything else these days. I have one and it's very sharp. h...

In GEAR » looking for a replacement knife
September 08, 11:18am

Thanks's for the suggestion Ty Ty. I went through a microfiber towel phase, but now I carry 2 simple cotton handkerchiefs instead. I can use them as a towel for tent condensation, pre-filter ...

In GEAR » Towel
September 08, 11:00am

BPL Cocoon Pullover
Gary, I must have one of the later Cocoons, so I can't compare to an earlier version. It is the only "puffy" insulation I bring in the summer. Sorry to hear about the BPL store. I...

In GEAR » Why so few reviews of the BPL Cocoon Pullover?
September 01, 12:44pm

BPL Cocoon Pullover
I bought one of these last winter when they were on sale and I love it. I used it for cross country skiing last winter in 10 below conditions in combination with an REI Powerstretch fleece and was...

In GEAR » Why so few reviews of the BPL Cocoon Pullover?
September 01, 11:08am

Hank Roberts
I have one of those stoves, except I think mine is re-branded as Gerry. I haven't seen it in a while because it's buried in a box in my garage. I believe I have a couple of old cartridges ...

In GEAR » Hank Roberts Mini Stove, Mark III, Review
August 26, 8:23am

Merrino Wool Shirts
Yesterday I bought two marked down Merino wool shirts at my local REI: TNF Tolowa Lite Polo Shirt $40(marked down from $60)-with a collar, short sleeve, light grey color, lightweight 65%Merino...

In Gear Deals » Merrino Wool Shirts
August 05, 12:07pm

I really didn't intend for this to be a critique of Gryll's show. I wouldn't care if the knife had Bozo The Clown's initials on it (BC instead of BG) as long as it was cheap, well ...

In GEAR » Gerber Bear Grylls Compact Scout knife
August 04, 12:13pm

Best Backpacking Hat
This is an interesting question because there are many good hiking hats out there. I have to be careful to get adequate coverage from a hat because my grandparents were Irish and I inherited a ver...

In GEAR » Best backpacking hat?
August 03, 12:03pm

Two of my friends bought very expensive ($175 American a pair) GG carbon fiber poles. Maybe they mistreated them, I don't know, but they have had a lot of trouble with them. It is nice to hea...

In Editor's Roundtable » Fizan Compact Trekking Poles Review
August 03, 9:44am

All Reader Reviews by John Coyle

John Coyle has posted no reviews.