BPL Community Profile

John Coyle (Bigsac) - BPL Guest

My Locale NorCal
About Me John Coyle has not added a biography yet.
CitySacramento
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Coyle

Showing 111 - 120 of 214 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

What is the best base layer
I bought two lightweight Merino wool shirts on sale oat REI a couple of months ago. One was Ibex (100% Merino wool) and the other TNF (80% Merino wool) I have worn them on day hiking and backpac...

In GEAR » What is the best base layer?
September 11, 6:54pm

looking for a replacement knife
I don't see how you could beat the Bear Grylls Compact Scout knife for $13.54 American. Yes it's made in China, but so is everything else these days. I have one and it's very sharp. h...

In GEAR » looking for a replacement knife
September 08, 11:18am

Towel
Thanks's for the suggestion Ty Ty. I went through a microfiber towel phase, but now I carry 2 simple cotton handkerchiefs instead. I can use them as a towel for tent condensation, pre-filter ...

In GEAR » Towel
September 08, 11:00am

BPL Cocoon Pullover
Gary, I must have one of the later Cocoons, so I can't compare to an earlier version. It is the only "puffy" insulation I bring in the summer. Sorry to hear about the BPL store. I...

In GEAR » Why so few reviews of the BPL Cocoon Pullover?
September 01, 12:44pm

BPL Cocoon Pullover
I bought one of these last winter when they were on sale and I love it. I used it for cross country skiing last winter in 10 below conditions in combination with an REI Powerstretch fleece and was...

In GEAR » Why so few reviews of the BPL Cocoon Pullover?
September 01, 11:08am

Hank Roberts
I have one of those stoves, except I think mine is re-branded as Gerry. I haven't seen it in a while because it's buried in a box in my garage. I believe I have a couple of old cartridges ...

In GEAR » Hank Roberts Mini Stove, Mark III, Review
August 26, 8:23am

Merrino Wool Shirts
Yesterday I bought two marked down Merino wool shirts at my local REI: TNF Tolowa Lite Polo Shirt $40(marked down from $60)-with a collar, short sleeve, light grey color, lightweight 65%Merino...

In Gear Deals » Merrino Wool Shirts
August 05, 12:07pm

Gerber
I really didn't intend for this to be a critique of Gryll's show. I wouldn't care if the knife had Bozo The Clown's initials on it (BC instead of BG) as long as it was cheap, well ...

In GEAR » Gerber Bear Grylls Compact Scout knife
August 04, 12:13pm

Best Backpacking Hat
This is an interesting question because there are many good hiking hats out there. I have to be careful to get adequate coverage from a hat because my grandparents were Irish and I inherited a ver...

In GEAR » Best backpacking hat?
August 03, 12:03pm

Fizan
Two of my friends bought very expensive ($175 American a pair) GG carbon fiber poles. Maybe they mistreated them, I don't know, but they have had a lot of trouble with them. It is nice to hea...

In Editor's Roundtable » Fizan Compact Trekking Poles Review
August 03, 9:44am

All Reader Reviews by John Coyle

John Coyle has posted no reviews.