BPL Community Profile

Aaron Benson (AaronMB) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central Valley California
About Me English Grad' student who loves the outdoors.

Getting lighter!
CityVisalia
StateCA
My PDF Gear ListAaron's Warm(er) Season Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Benson

Showing 111 - 120 of 305 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...31

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Ultimate Gear Review
""Does anyone else get the sense that he is parodying us?"" He's not playing with a full deck, nor do I think he's that clever. A while back I made a comment on one o...

In GEAR » ULTIMATE Gear Review
July 07, 10:35pm

Re: Eureka Solitaire pole lengths answer 78 and 62 3/4"
""Hey! You can have my old Solitaire poles for free! They are the stock poles, fibergalss i think, but they are dang near brand new. Send me an adress and i will ship 'em out to you.&...

In GEAR » quick question for anybody with a eureka solitare in their closet
July 07, 3:28pm

Re: Re: "UL knife kit"
The Eskabar is a collaboration between Esee and Beker, the result of which combines Becker's Necker (blade) and Esee's Izula (handle). My Izula's Micarta handle scales look dead-on to...

In GEAR » UL knife kit
July 06, 6:56pm

Re: Bear canister on SHR - two questions
Approved canisters in SEKI. Just an FYI, for those who don't know: http://www.nps.gov/seki/planyourvisit/loader.cfm?csModule=security/getfile&PageID=251535

In GEAR » Bear canister on SHR - two questions
June 30, 8:54am

Re: Glass Mason Jars and Bears
The bears will have fun with them until they break and they injure their muzzle, paws, inside of their mouths, and God forbid, "insides," if they ingest any of the glass. It's a ba...

In GEAR » Glass Mason Jars and Bears
June 29, 8:36am

Re: WTB down sleeping bag rated to 20 degrees (<$100)
Have you checked your local Targets? My local T* carried the Kelty Cosmic 20 until they sold out of them (got one for $80, another for $60). Perhaps there are a few left in your area...?

In Gear Swap » WTB down sleeping bag rated to 20 degrees (<$100)
June 28, 5:12pm

Re: Re: Super Cat bottom row position
Does anyone have experiences or data which suggests placing the bottom row of holes lower affects the stove performance in any other way? I tried making one following a template (that places the...

In Make Your Own Gear » Super Cat stoves
June 28, 4:52pm

Re: A different tactic
I agree with your preemptive thinking - it's worked for me, so far, while on the move. Of course, with many things, it's just a matter of time. When I'm with a group, I'd like to...

In Multiple Use Gear » hiking staff / bear deterrent
June 28, 7:58am

Re: tyvek ground sheet
You bet! Drying is quick, though, usually. A good way to help keep things drier/cleaner, is to mark a top or down side at home and fold the "down" (ground) side against itself as you pack...

In GEAR » tyvek ground sheet
June 28, 7:46am

Re: Fuel filter as pre filter?
Interesting - they're only $1.99 at my local W*. There's a risk, perhaps, of something leeching out of the plastic, but as long as you're only prefiltering cool water 'I' wou...

In Make Your Own Gear » Fuel filter as pre filter?
June 28, 7:40am

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Benson

Aaron Benson has posted no reviews.