BPL Community Profile

Nathan Watts (7sport) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Nathan Watts hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Nathan Watts has not added a biography yet.
StateMA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nathan Watts

Showing 111 - 120 of 712 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...72

Forum » Thread

Re: Going from overnighter to long distance
Think about gear organization and simplicity. You'll be setting up and breaking down camp multiple times. Keeping things simple can streamline this process. Also, keeping things well organized ...

In GEAR » Going from overnighter to long distance
July 05, 3:01pm

Re: HYDRATION WATER/BLADDERS...SUGGESTIONS?
The brand escapes me at the moment, but the style of bladders used in my salomon running packs are excellent. They use a fold over top with a slider/clip thing to keep them closed. This is great be...

In GEAR » HYDRATION WATER/BLADDERS...SUGGESTIONS?
July 03, 5:44am

Bugs
You'll want some sort of bug shelter as mentioned above Also, a lot of the overnight options you'll come across near tree line will be wooden tent platforms. I prefer a tent over a tarp ...

In GEAR » Ultimate SUL gear list in NH White Mountains? 6.8lbs
July 01, 6:31pm

Zpacks
Zpacks WPB cuben mitts Edited to add that, unlike the MLD mitts, the Zpacks ones are waterproof right out of the box. That was what made the decision for me as to which ones to purchase

In GEAR » Lightweight, Windproof, Waterproof Shell Mitten under $50?
June 28, 6:27am

Re: When/why would I use wash-in DWR as opposed to spray-on?
I've seen it mentioned on here that DWR retreat meets only stick to areas where old DWR is still present. I don't know if this is true or not. But if so, that would seem to indicate that th...

In GEAR » When/why would I use wash-in DWR as opposed to spray-on?
June 27, 8:21pm

Re: Re: Re: Shell-Rain Jacket UL/SUL recommendations
"or embrace the suck." Seems to be a pretty common theme I've been reading around here when it comes to rain gear. Do people really find it a good trade off to get soaked every tim...

In GEAR » Shell-Rain Jacket UL/SUL recommendations
June 27, 8:02am

Re: Arcteryx
"I have spent a lot of time in my Arcteryx Squamish, and it wets out less than my Gore-Tex." First, it sounds like you've got something wrong with your gore-tex jacket. I've go...

June 26, 10:27pm

Re: k
I agree with you that pit zips are great. I picked up a zpacks cuben rain jacket. Less than 6 ounces and has pit zips. Seems like it might fit your needs.

June 26, 5:45pm

Re: What happened to the New Balance 4.4 oz shoes?
I still see them http://www.newbalance.com/Minimus-Zero-Trail/MT00,default,pd.html?dwvar_MT00_color=Black_with_Tendershoots&start=12&cgid=101000&prefn1=itemType&prefv1=Minimal

In Editor's Roundtable » New Balance Minimus MT00 Review
June 26, 4:02pm

Re: UL/SUL options for jacket/coat thingy
"I used my fleece last summer only as night" You'd likely be better off with a down jacket or vest if its just for use at night.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » UL/SUL options for jacket/coat thingy
June 24, 9:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Nathan Watts

Nathan Watts has posted no reviews.