BPL Community Profile

Henry Shires (07100) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Henry Shires hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me President
Tarptent, Inc.
CityNevada City
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.tarptent.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Henry Shires

Showing 111 - 120 of 365 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: Thanks Henry
> Are there guy loops on top of the poles? Might be worthwhile. Not directly but it's easy to tie off to the interior apex loops that connect the interior or just a loop over the top of ...

In Gear Deals » Tarptent Notch
November 21, 12:05pm

Re: Weight of fly and low pitch.
John, The fly with stakes and stuffsack is 17 ounces. The interior is 9 ounces. Re: staking low to the ground, yes certainly lower than shown (with 45"/115cm poles). Dropping the poles ...

November 21, 11:55am

Re: Setup Steps
Tyler, Yes, you got it. We'll get a setup video posted in two or three weeks but what you'll see is exactly as you describe. -H

November 21, 11:49am

Re: Very nice
I updated the dimensions graphic to better show the head/foot clearance. http://tarptent.com/notch.html#specs You might need to reload the page if the old graphic still shows up. -H

November 21, 11:11am

Difference between Notch and StratoSpires
Think of them as size regular, large, and extra large. They step up/down in weight by about 7 ounces each. The Notch is a double wall, double door/vestibule version of the Moment with trekking/ver...

In GEAR » Tarptent Notch vs. Stratospire 1
November 20, 5:08pm

Re: SS1
It's looking like sometime around Dec 10 for ship start. I think we should be able to set the pricing in a week or so. -H

In GEAR » Coming Soon: Tarptent StratoSpire
November 13, 1:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Updated Tent List
Brian, I am not sure which model you are referring to--maybe the Squall 2?--but are most certainly NOT describing the Scarp 2. -H

In GEAR » Tent Recommendations for Canadian High Alpine
November 10, 8:47am

Re: Rest in Peace Steve Jobs
Well said Kyle. May a little bit of Steve Jobs take root in all of us. -H

In GEAR » iPhone 4s
October 06, 8:43am

Re: Tarp or tent
Not to denigrate the Hexamid in any way but a difference you left out is that the Moment has a waterproof, bathtub floor vs the mesh only enclosure of the Hexamid. Different purposes obviously but...

In GEAR » Tarptent Moment versus Zpacks Hexamid Solo-Plus
September 21, 12:52pm

Re: Re: Re: separate fly setup?
Abraham, Yes is the answer to your pitch question. Re: cuben, weight savings for the fly is the reason. Cost would be substantially higher--fabric is 4x the cost and the fabric width is nar...

In GEAR » Coming Soon: Tarptent StratoSpire
September 09, 2:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Henry Shires

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
I have never done this before but in this case I feel that we need to respond publicly to Demetri's complaint. Here is a copy of the letter we sent him today and a link to photos of the destroyed...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 11, 3:54pm