Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Henry Shires (07100) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Henry Shires hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me President
Tarptent, Inc.
CityNevada City
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.tarptent.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Henry Shires

Showing 111 - 120 of 392 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...40

Forum » Thread

Re: Tarptent StratoSpire 1 vs Lightheart Solo Wedge"
"the lightheart solo wedge is lighter and seems to have alot more room." If lighter, only barely, as the SS1 include 6 stakes. Yes, more floor space--some not usable--with less head/s...

In GEAR » Tarptent StratoSpire 1 vs Lightheart Solo Wedge
March 10, 4:38pm

Re: New tent
I would say yes for the SS2 if you can keep them in the vestibules. No, at least not comfortably, if all 4 of you need to be on the floor. The RS2 has a larger floor and would work if you can conv...

In GEAR » New tent
March 08, 4:20pm

Re: Re: Double Rainbow vs Stratospire 2
And I sent you one back yesterday. Let me know if you didn't receive it. -H

In GEAR » Double Rainbow vs Stratospire 2
March 07, 2:09pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Double Rainbow vs Stratospire 2
" Not sure if the 5 oz saving is worth pursuing for the smaller tent." Dramatically smaller, more expensive, and less liveable. It most certainly isn't "freestanding" as...

In GEAR » Double Rainbow vs Stratospire 2
March 07, 9:45am

Re: Tarptent Moment modifications
John, try tightening those floor elastic strap a little--unknot and retie with a little more tension. That will give you more bathtub at the ends. Also, use the existing pocket clip and interior ...

In GEAR » Tarptent Moment modifications
March 07, 9:33am

Re: Question about year of Contrail that I purchased
That's a generation or two prior, circa '08 or so. -H

In GEAR » Question about year of Contrail that I purchased
March 05, 8:55am

Re: Hogback
David Styers, Just so there's no confusion, the 4-person Hogback is a full double wall at 4 lbs. -H

In Gear Swap » FS: Tarptent Hogback
March 03, 9:31am

Re: narrow sleeping area?
Nigel, Everything is a tradeoff and there's no such thing as a perfect shelter. Not to be rude but the Notch is what it is and it's probably not the right shelter for you. -H

In Gear Deals » Tarptent Notch
February 23, 7:05am

Re: Re: Tarptent Notch Solid Inner
> I assume the ordering online will be like for the Scarp you can buy mesh / solid / both inners? Yes. > what is happening at the ends obscured in the photo? Are the ends solid, mesh or...

February 22, 8:15pm

Re: Tarptent Notch Solid Inner
Yes, shipping by mid March. Actual weight difference is/will be just about 1 ounce/30g. This sample interior weight is skewed because we used standard 1-ounce mesh not the 0.7-mesh we will use fo...

February 22, 6:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Henry Shires

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
I have never done this before but in this case I feel that we need to respond publicly to Demetri's complaint. Here is a copy of the letter we sent him today and a link to photos of the destroyed...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 11, 3:54pm