Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 111 - 120 of 12253 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...1226

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Bullying and Misogyny
"This also leads me to believe you all have a serious misogyny problem, which I find very disturbing and disheartening." It is offensive to some of us when he blames everybody. --B....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Gear weight vs safety and preparedness
February 14, 10:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re Whambulance
I was impressed by what I experienced on a trip in a remote country thirty years ago. One guy in my trek was injured by rockfall of a glacial moraine. Fingers on his left hand were crunched. As he ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Gear weight vs safety and preparedness
February 14, 5:13pm

Re: Is it a low snow enough year for a late May trip above tree line in the sierras?
As you have observed, this is lining up to be a very thin winter for snowpack, so the trails may open up much earlier than normal. Typically the maximum snowpack depth is measured around mid-March,...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Is it a low snow enough year for a late May trip above tree line in the sierras?
February 14, 2:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Re Whambulance
"BFI: bismuth formic iodide, surgical dusting powder, used in maternity wards." Roger, are you and your wife expecting a birth? --B.G.--

February 14, 1:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Bear Spray
David, I agree. I was more worried about lions in East Africa than I was about the grizzlies in Alaska. Even though I don't worry so much, I sometimes think about the situation in advance so th...

In GEAR » Weight of Counter Assault Bear Spray and Holster
February 14, 12:50am

Re: Re: Re: How do you organize your gear?
"Yes, but ... which room, and how high is the pile?" You go out to the tent garage, go down the main hallway, turn right into the sleeping bag room, and show your ID to the guard. Once...

In GEAR » How do you organize your gear?
February 14, 12:38am

Re: Bear Spray
I fully agree that it is desired to hold the bear spray out at arm's reach when you press the button. However, it might be smart to have a holster positioned so that you can press the button ev...

In GEAR » Weight of Counter Assault Bear Spray and Holster
February 13, 9:55pm

Re: BPL website v2015 survey?
Ken, the purpose of a survey is not always to gather opinions. Sometimes it is to make the members feel as though their opinions count, especially when other evidence shows that it doesn't. ...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL website v2015 survey
February 13, 9:49pm

Re: How do you organize your gear?
"Please also post pictures." You want to see photographs of my warehouses? No way. That would be a security problem. You want to see photographs of my gear attics? That's silly....

In GEAR » How do you organize your gear?
February 13, 7:39pm

Re: PCT Tahoe to Whitney and Exiting through Whitney Portal, Permits and Alternatives?
It seems as though you had a misunderstanding. If your intention is to exit from Mount Whitney to Whitney Portal, then you better have the specific permit to do so. It sounds like you don't....

In Pre-Trip Planning » PCT Tahoe to Whitney and Exiting through Whitney Portal, Permits and Alternatives?
February 13, 7:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.