Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 111 - 120 of 12006 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...1201

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reusable plastic containers
"Some animal decided to clean the pot out " It was probably one of those damned drop bears. In the southern U.S., we used to have the same problem with Swamp Rabbits. Vicious things...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cookie tins for desert food storage
January 15, 2:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Question for 3-pin boot users
Many moons ago, I got my first x-c skis. That included some Rossignol skis without metal edges, some Rottefella bindings, bamboo poles, and some terrible boots. After a while, I discovered that ...

In Winter Hiking » Question for 3-pin boot users
January 15, 2:43pm

Re: Re: Russian vs Asian Women
What happened to the European women (present company excluded)? --B.G.--

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL Reacts to distasteful ad complaints
January 15, 2:28pm

Re: They did it!!!
I didn't understand why this was lightweight backpacking. Geez, they even used a Porta-Ledge. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » They did it!!!
January 15, 2:26pm

Re: Re: Re: UV water treatment including water containers
There are many ways that an electronic device can fail. If you are lucky, it was designed by somebody who knew what they were doing and they were familiar with the use environment, hot, cold, wet, ...

In GEAR » UV water treatment including water containers
January 14, 11:53am

Re: UV water treatment including water containers
You know, there are lots of electronic devices like this that are battery powered. Half of the users claim that the battery dies too early, and it just seems too lossy. The other half of the users ...

In GEAR » UV water treatment including water containers
January 14, 11:47am

Re: Re: Re: New Cord - UltraGlide Bear Line - Introductory Sale
"Do you have problems with it cutting into the limb?" No. That is because I haven't hung food for a long time since bear canisters became mandatory or near so where I go. Someti...

In Gear Deals » New Cord - UltraGlide Bear Line - Introductory Sale
January 14, 3:30am

Re: New Cord - UltraGlide Bear Line - Introductory Sale
I try not to carry any cord that weighs more than one ounce per 100 feet. I have some Dyneema stuff that weighs less than a half-ounce per 100 feet. --B.G.--

In Gear Deals » New Cord - UltraGlide Bear Line - Introductory Sale
January 13, 5:22pm

Re: marginal
" A place for every tom-dick-and-harry to advertise " But now it is Tom, Dick, and Harry, and also May. --B.G.--

In Gear Deals » $11.49 for 25g BRS-3000T Ultra-light stove and $5.99 for budget Multifunctional tools
January 13, 5:18pm

Re: OP clarification
Erica, you could form your own internet forum/newsgroup for SAHM backpackers like yourself, then you could make promises and collect the money. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Soooo, I need a job.....
January 13, 1:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.