Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 111 - 120 of 12449 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...1245

Forum » Thread

Re: "Attitude versus Altitude"
Jeffrey, perhaps you need a pulse oximeter with an extra feature. If your meter numbers start trending too wildly, it automatically ejects a pill for you to take. That pill would be one of David...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Attitude versus Altitude
March 15, 2:46pm

Re: altitude sickness
"I think the real topic here is how to manage group moral and soothing/treating panic attacks/shock in comrads." I was leading a climb, and the group had gotten up to high camp. During...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Attitude versus Altitude
March 15, 1:35pm

Re: Bothy bag plans
"Also, I have heavy clear vinyl fabric that could work for a window, but there must be lighter transparent materials...any ideas?" You could probably make the entire thing out of cuben...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bothy bag plans
March 14, 7:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Mukluks for my wife's cold feet at night
Although qiviut wool socks might be very warm, I think that you would find them to be an expensive single-purpose item. If I am going to be camped somewhere in the cold, I use my ordinary socks....

In Make Your Own Gear » Mukluks for my wife's cold feet at night
March 14, 5:44pm

Re: Re: Re: nice chemistry trick; probably not to everyone's taste...
Exactly what are you doing to the poor rabbit? --B.G.--

In On the Web » Palcohol approved by TTB
March 14, 3:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Against the grain
If you end up with the brick of meat, you might try feeding into a food processor to get meat flakes out of it. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Help dehydrating beef jerky
March 14, 3:21pm

Re: SEKI cross country questions
"Another question I have is whether it's possible to access Sixty Lakes Basin from the north" I would say "yes" but I've always gone in the opposite direction. In oth...

In Pre-Trip Planning » SEKI cross country questions
March 14, 3:15pm

Re: Against the grain
If you dehydrate it wrong, the entire cellular structure of the meat will collapse, and then it dehydrates as a solid block which is tough at a minimum. It might be brick-like when you get done. ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Help dehydrating beef jerky
March 14, 3:03pm

Re: Cited?
I have seen others being cited by a ranger packing a sidearm. Rangers tend to be on the heavily used trails where the chance of permit abuse is high. If you are in a bear canister area, they wan...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Permit legality when resupplying
March 14, 8:24am

Re: REI Lexan soup spoon
Yes, the REI soup spoon (gray). I also have the REI regular teaspoon and also the fork. The good thing about it is that it will not scratch up the finish on the cookware. The soup spoon is about...

In GEAR » Sturdy long handled soup spoon?
March 14, 1:22am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.