Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 111 - 120 of 11752 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...1176

Forum » Thread

Re: Battery university
Since this is not a real charger (it's only a bunch of power sources and wires and meters and alligator clips), I won't push the limit. I don't have any automatic monitoring. I may j...

In Make Your Own Gear » Charging up a 18650 lithium battery
December 02, 7:08pm

Re: Re: cook/no-cook: who has tried both and what weight diff did you find?
" Back in the early 80's I was trying to go "lightweight" (I don't think the term "ultralight" had even been coined yet) " The Backpacker Magazine article w...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » cook/no-cook: who has tried both and what weight diff did you find?
December 02, 6:21pm

Re: Re: Charging up a 18650 lithium battery
I'm not registered at the CPF. --B.G.--

December 02, 4:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Dumbest thing you ever carried
" seems like I have to pay them money (in the form of interest) to gain this magical credit." Not really, if you get a good card and manage it correctly. I have only one credit card...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dumbest thing you ever carried
December 02, 4:30pm

Charging up a 18650 lithium battery
I have some type 18650 lithium batteries that I need to charge up. The commercial charger is ordered, but not yet received. Meanwhile, I thought that I would rig up something temporary for charging...

December 02, 4:20pm

Re: Becoming disoriented in the woods
Many of us are too old for this now, but way back when, I was drafted into the U.S. Army, and after Basic Training I found myself in Advanced Infantry Training. They really drilled it into us about...

In Philosophy & Technique » Becoming disoriented in the woods
December 02, 3:11pm

Re: ...
More comfort = more weight. --B.G.--

In GEAR » most miserable cold night!
December 02, 11:29am

Re: Re: Re: phenomene of corrosion?
Greg, I have seen the same thing, only about ten times worse. I don't know if it is from water or the actual alcohol. I don't see that in a white gas container. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Ever wonder why there isn't an aluminum Trangia alcohol burner?
December 02, 10:44am

Re: Re: Dry Baking Set Up Questions
"Just DO NOT use a heat diffuser with a canister stove. The chances of wrecking your stove are very, very high as it increases the heat." Ha. A flame spreader isn't going to hurt t...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dry Baking Set Up Questions
December 02, 10:40am

Re: Re: re: yosemite
David, do you know where your phrase came from: "scarf a lot of food"? Between 40 and 50 years ago, there was a hippy commune that had started up in an old cabin near Yosemite Valley. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Yosemite Trip
December 01, 9:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.