Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 111 - 120 of 11619 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...1162

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: shelter center pole
Again, there is no length or unit of length mentioned, so this is meaningless. --B.G.--

In GEAR » shelter center pole
November 09, 9:59am

Re: Re: Re: Re: shelter center pole
"They are 32.5" It doesn't say that. 32.5 feet long is remarkable. Too long. 32.5 inches long is too short. 32.5 centimeters long is too metric. --B.G.--

November 09, 9:44am

Re: Re: shelter center pole
The Sky Shark site isn't very helpful. The diameters are discussed, but there is no mention of length, so forget that one. --B.G.--

November 09, 9:28am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sleeping Bag Q: WPB or not?
"I think he means it will slow the drying time." That is why the Sun was invented, to dry sleeping bags. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag Q: WPB or not?
November 09, 9:09am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sleeping Bag Q: WPB or not?
"The WPB cover will also also down the drying of the bag when you are in the field." Please explain. --B.G.--

November 09, 12:39am

shelter center pole
We know that there are several good solo pyramid type shelters from the cottage manufacturers. Many of these require a center pole that is 48" in length. I don't normally use any trekking ...

November 08, 8:56pm

Re: Sleeping Bag Q: WPB or not?
I think that I would avoid any special WPB sleeping bag shells. When I went to Aconcagua, the coldest that it got was about -5*F, but there was some wind and snow. My team of three was in a stro...

November 08, 7:42pm

Re: Any experience with GoreTex warranty?
I don't know exactly how GoreTex operates now. Here is the way they used to operate. When a garment manufacturer signs the initital agreement with Gore, the manufacturer agrees to "stand b...

In GEAR » Any experience with GoreTex warranty?
November 08, 4:58pm

Re: A reason to prefer UV over filters in North America?
Each of the different forms of water treatment have a completely different effect on organisms in the water. Some are more effective than others. You really, really, need to assess what the like...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » A reason to prefer UV over filters in North America?
November 08, 4:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why is this forum so inactive
"The whole of camping used to be a recreational offshoot of military and homesteading experiences with surplus equipment. The Recreational Equipment Inc Co-op for instance used to only import ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Why is this forum so inactive?
November 08, 3:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.