BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 111 - 120 of 10370 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...1037

Forum » Thread

Re: Practice, Practice, Practice
"I'll butt-slide down a snow slope" Let's be a little more articulate and call it the sitting glissade. On the first time that I climbed Mount Shasta, I didn't have a cl...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG ice axe
April 06, 5:43pm

Re: Re: MYOG ice axe
"Nicely socketed and help-arc welded" What is that? --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG ice axe
April 06, 5:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Pinnacles Nat Park, Thank you, some follow up Q's
If you choose, you can worry about being injured or crushed by rockfall from above. However, in a cave like this, you are more likely to be injured by suddenly lifting your head upward and banging ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Pinnacles National Park - best trails/hikes?
April 06, 2:57pm

Re: drill..
Titanium is very hard to drill. However, if you use a Dremel tool and a very hard bit, it works. It doesn't take a very large hole to get a steel wire through. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Titanium kettle/pot I can suspend above a fire?
April 05, 11:33pm

Re: Titanium kettle/pot I can suspend above a fire?
The photo shows a heavy/rigid bail. That works, except that it is heavy and non-folding. I use a 20-fluid-ounce Snowpeak titanium bowl (1.8 oz), and I attached a length of stainless steel wire o...

In GEAR » Titanium kettle/pot I can suspend above a fire?
April 05, 10:59pm

Twilight Zone
"like one of those movies where the guy wakes up and finds everyone else in the world has vanished." That is the actor Earl Holliman in the Twilight Zone episode, "Where Is Everyb...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Faxing my Yosemite Wilderness Permit - Help me pick my first nights camping spot
April 05, 9:47pm

Re: tyvex bootie
A few years ago I was going to do a trip that had a number of knee-deep stream crossings for the first day. With thoughts of keeping my boots dry, I fashioned some tyvek slippers to wear through th...

In Make Your Own Gear » tyvex bootie
April 05, 8:09pm

Re: September 21st
Make sure that the black bears get the memo so that they will be waiting for you to do their food delivery. --B.G.--

In Pre-Trip Planning » Faxing my Yosemite Wilderness Permit - Help me pick my first nights camping spot
April 05, 8:01pm

Re: FS: Sony NEX-3N - ultra compact system camera
Are you sure that this complies with forum policies? --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » FS: Sony NEX-3N - ultra compact system camera
April 04, 10:18pm

Re: Oookworks?
Judging by all of the discussion here about Oookworks, you may order one, but you may not receive one. --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » WTB: SL3 floor
April 04, 5:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.