BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 111 - 120 of 11450 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...1145

Forum » Thread

Re: Iodine, inexpensive but...
"people with thyroid problems, those with known hypersensitivity to iodine" Somes a backpacker will not know that they have a thyroid problem or hypersensitivity to iodine. That gets w...

In GEAR » liquid iodine?
September 28, 3:22pm

Re: iodine drops
"5 drops in 1L of water" Five drops of what, exactly? --B.G.--

In GEAR » liquid iodine?
September 27, 10:52pm

Re: Re: liquid iodine?
"All I can find are iodine bottles on amazon marketed as a dietary supplement... do those work?" Do you think that they contain commercially pure iodine crystals? (No) I didn't ...

In GEAR » liquid iodine?
September 27, 10:45pm

Re: Re: Re: liquid iodine?
"I think mine were the Polar Pure brand. Bob Wallace used to market this, but I am not aware that it is on the market anymore. --B.G.--

In GEAR » liquid iodine?
September 27, 12:55pm

Re: Problems
"Got it and there was an issue fresh out of the box" Please tell. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Single AA battery headlamps
September 27, 12:51pm

Re: liquid iodine?
What you think is liquid iodine might not be. Iodine is stable in a solid crystalline form and sublimates to a gaseous form. This was state-of-the-art about 25 years ago. You can dissolve iod...

In GEAR » liquid iodine?
September 27, 12:13am

Re: Tubing length--clean vs. dirty
I have not done exhaustive testing. This might depend somewhat on which brand of filter you use. However, I found that the overall length of tubing from dirty to filter to clean is the most impo...

In GEAR » Sawyer mini filter as a camp gravity system?
September 26, 8:27pm

Re: Excalibur
I think that many of us mortals use one model or another from Nesco, for prices of about $50 to $70. --B.G.--

In Gear Deals » Excalibur dehydrator $180 at Costco.com
September 26, 8:00pm

Re: Ahem
Those people in Brendan's photo are simply having a true wilderness experience. --B.G.--

In On the Web » $1500 fee for "commercial" use in USFS wilderness lands
September 26, 7:16pm

Re: Re: Re: Cherry Creek Canyon, and off-trail explorations in general within reach of the SF Bay Area
"Is the poison oak bad in Big Sur?" In lots of places, yes. Big Sur is always good for poison oak, ticks, and rattlesnakes. --B.G.--

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Cherry Creek Canyon, and off-trail explorations in general within reach of the SF Bay Area
September 26, 1:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.