BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 111 - 120 of 11085 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...1109

Forum » Thread

Re: New communication device
This seems like a useful gadget... NOT! How do you spell Ponzi Scheme? --B.G.--

In GEAR » New communication device
July 17, 3:32pm

Re: Canister fuel. How many boils?
Also remember that there are some good butane blends and some others that are bad. If you have one of the bad ones, you will get very poor or zero performance in near-freezing weather, which is whe...

In GEAR » Canister fuel. How many boils?
July 17, 1:10pm

Re: Broken leg, 6 days alone and rescued
A very interesting piece. Thanks. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Broken leg, 6 days alone and rescued
July 17, 1:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Kings Canyon National Park
"as the ridge itself didn't seem to offer much in the way of a class 3 option." I found the south ridge to be plenty-Class 3 for me. I had to mantle up on a ledge, and I hadn't...

In Post-Trip Reports » Kings Canyon National Park
July 16, 10:54pm

Re: Re: Re: Kings Canyon National Park
The ascent of the last section of Baxter Pass? I was coming from the west side by Baxter Lakes. The trail was rocky and uphill, but not too bad. It was open and clear. Once I crossed the pass...

July 16, 5:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sept JMT Gear List
"Grammer police are everywhere." Grammar police are out, but the spelling police are worse. For the normal purpose of a body bag, they don't want the body to be able to get out....

In Gear Lists » Sept JMT Gear List
July 16, 5:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sept JMT Gear List
"In my experience the un-zippable ones are far superior to the zippable ones." What? Do you just chew a hole in the side and then crawl through it? I've made bivy sacks with a l...

July 16, 4:44pm

Re: Kings Canyon National Park
I shot this photo of a bird in a tree around 8000 feet elevation. I think it is a young grouse. I came down the trail and spooked the adult bird and this young one. The adult had the sense to f...

July 16, 4:34pm

Re: Re: BOGUS WATERPROOF CLAIMS BY BOOT COMPANIES
"Actually, this should be brought to the attention of Gore." Al Gore? --B.G.--

In GEAR » BOGUS WATERPROOF CLAIMS BY BOOT COMPANIES
July 16, 4:19pm

Re: Sept JMT Gear List
"Is there any data on how much a bivy sack helps with warmth?" I doubt it since there aren't any standards as to what a bivy sack really is. I sewed my own two-person bivy sack ...

July 16, 4:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.