Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 111 - 120 of 12721 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...1273

Forum » Thread

Re: How should my backpack fit?
The conventional wisdom is that the shoulder straps should be nearly horizontal between their attachment on the pack bag and the top of your shoulders. If you look at the photo by James, you can se...

In GEAR » How should my backpack fit?
May 09, 4:29pm

Re: Have you ever gotten sick after filtering water?
Determining that you got sick from impure water can be difficult. You might try to run by external symptoms only, but that is far from foolproof. As was stated, several other trailwise maladies loo...

In GEAR » Have you ever gotten sick after filtering water?
May 09, 3:50pm

Re: Updated Stove Chart
"hard to read" Thanks for the warning. I'm going to have to get a task force to decipher it for me. --B.G.--

In Gear Deals » Ruta Locura Sale/ New stove setup
May 08, 4:55pm

Re: Weight advantage of gas
Theo, there were some fuel weight usage charts on Thru-Hiker, and I think they have been there for a long time. However, since those charts were formulated, we have seen some significant reductions...

May 07, 10:54pm

Re: @ Josh, Bob, $ John
"Do you remember my Snow Peak Giga with integrated windscreen from a few years ago?" Frankly, no. I'm sorry. I've been primarily an Esbit user for a few years, so I have not...

May 07, 10:48pm

Re: Disconnect fuel loss
"You would just need a chunk of foam to protect the pot/stove." Around the butane burner, I wrap some aluminum foil. That happens to be the same foil that is my normal windscreen. Then...

May 07, 10:41pm

Re: Re: Oh the things you learn
Marko, think of it as bacon on the hoof. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » We talk a lot about bears. What about boars?
May 07, 10:28pm

Re: Hilarious
"Holy s***! " I believe that the entire quotation is Holy s***, Batman! --B.G.--

In GEAR » Never buying from REI again
May 07, 10:23pm

Re: for sale?
Good Grief! This thread is almost five years old. --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » FS: Black Diamond Oneshot
May 07, 10:19pm

Re: Standardized testing.
"I don't know what you mean there, Bob." We know that there is some extra weight of metal that you are carrying around as part of a JetBoil rig as compared to a conventional cook p...

May 07, 10:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.