Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1081 - 1090 of 1722 | Page: 1 ...100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ...173

Forum » Thread

Happy anniversary, Mike!
Congrats on the 30 years, Mike. I think she likes you. Menu side dishes...Mary Jane's Farm makes a pretty good FD mac/alfredo, if you like that sort of pasta. The single person package is re...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » help me w/ my 30th anniversary backcountry meal selection
September 28, 7:25am

Congratulations, Devin!
Devin, you are truly an innovative man, a gracious BPLer, and a good and decent man. I wish you all the best in this next chapter. Keep on keepin' on!

In GEAR » Backcountry Boiler Mk II available!
September 27, 9:09pm

Maybe not a good idea
You're right, Ray, it could be an entry level drug for the bears. Next thing we know, they'll be sniffing out cribs, trying to smother babies. Not at all a good final leave-no-trace outcome...

In Chaff » Lightest body armor
September 27, 7:21pm

Grizzly science
"Science starts with observation and documentation". I agree, and then there's the long and difficult task of interpreting the data. But solid study of the grizzly has been going o...

In Editor's Roundtable » Guidelines for Grizzly Country
September 27, 2:58pm

Umbrella Gun... yes
You're onto something, Fred. I think Titanium Goat should come up with a new pair of trekking poles, one which would have a powerful Taser tip (solar re-chargable), the other with an auto-injec...

In Chaff » Lightest body armor
September 27, 1:54pm

Calling Bob Gross
John, it seems that if you could manage to spend 2-3 days at 3000 M, you would be well on your way to adjusting to the elevation. But like you mentioned, altitude sickness can hit you differently (...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » question about acclimatising to altitude
September 26, 9:58am

acclimatising to altitude
Where are you planning to do this hiking, John, and what will be your total number of days at altitude? What is the highest you will go? We could help if we knew exactly what your trip plan is.

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » question about acclimatising to altitude
September 26, 7:22am

Please cease
You're wasting bandwidth, people. We all get it, in our own disparate ways... Maybe BPL should limit non-members to 5 posts a day, or something like that. Bob Gross being the exception. I...

In Chaff » ultralight revolver
September 23, 8:02pm

It's here
Yay, Doug! I was about to mail you another one. Thanks for letting me know. Now seriously, doesn't anyone else want to buy a grill? They're starting to get restless downstairs in the gri...

In Gear Swap » Zia grills now for sale to members and guests
September 23, 5:26pm

Thanks, Devin
I appreciate your tip, Devin. As you know, I am new to this business of shipping stuff outside CONUS.

In Gear Swap » Zia grills now for sale to members and guests
September 22, 10:32am

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm