Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1081 - 1090 of 1734 | Page: 1 ...100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ...174

Forum » Thread

Konrad rocks!
Congrats, K-man! The good fruits of your labor, eh? Way to go...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you do for a living?
October 26, 9:26pm

Quite true
"CONCLUSION: [Toothpaste] use does not enhance plaque removal when used in conjunction with a toothbrush, and instead, may marginally lessen the brushing effect. The role of a toothbrush appea...

In Philosophy & Technique » After-dinner hygiene in bear country?
October 25, 4:41pm

Zia grill holiday sale
With the 3-season fishing season coming to a close, interest in the Zia grills has understandably dropped off. So for those of you that are sitting on the fence, I am offering the grills at $45 (wh...

In Gear Swap » Zia grills now for sale to members and guests
October 24, 9:08am

Stem Cell Prolotherapy
That certainly is impressive, Roleigh. I wasn't aware that stem cell technology was used this way. Thanks for sharing your experience, and good luck with the healing process.

In Chaff » Torn Meniscus Treated with Stem Cell Prolotherapy
October 22, 3:35pm

What do you do for a living?
After a long career as a public health dentist, with heavy training in dental forensics, I'm now essentially retired. Once in a while my CU dental school department chair asks me to work on the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you do for a living?
October 22, 8:07am

Trip report
Kat, you're spot on about trip reports. Those of us that are living vicariously though this stellar group campout absolutely must hear the stories. And, as a precaution, I would like to nominat...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Trinity Alps, Morris Meadow Octoberfest
October 19, 11:17am

What size snow shoes?
Josh, given your total weight, 25" will be fine for fairly packed trails, but you will need 30" snowshoes for virgin powder deeper than 8-12".

In GEAR » What size snow shoes?
October 14, 2:53pm

Quick Disconnect for water line
Like this? http://cascadedesigns.com/platypus/platy-accessories/quick-disconnect-kit/product

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Quick Disconnect for water line
October 09, 2:11pm

Beans and rice
Pretty fast delivery, glad you got it. After I'd mailed it, I was rummaging through my "condiments" bin in the basement, and I found some packets of Tabasco. I was bummed, as I might ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » help me w/ my 30th anniversary backcountry meal selection
October 01, 8:17am

A Huge Thank YOU!
It's great to see that the PIF gods are smiling upon you, Ken. It's for good reason, as you have contributed quite a lot to BPL and the forums. But now you're stuck with us, for life. T...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A Huge Thank YOU!
September 29, 4:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm