Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1081 - 1090 of 1799 | Page: 1 ...100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ...180

Forum » Thread

Re: coldest temperature you've experienced?
Car camping at the base of the Sangre de Cristo range, CO, in December of 1974. It was -20*F, and I was fine, slept like a baby. The next night I solo-skied a couple of miles down from Molas Pass, ...

In Winter Hiking » coldest temperature you've experienced?
February 06, 7:16am

Zia grills
Yes, I have many grills available. Just send me an e-mail at drzooz@aol.com if you would like me to send you one.

In Gear Swap » Zia grills now for sale to members and guests
February 05, 10:27pm

I'll buy it, Adam
I'll make her like black. Mine is as well, for the same reason you mentioned. You can e-mail me at my home (drzooz@aol.com), and provide me with your PP address. Black Black Rocks rock!

In Gear Swap » FS: New with tags BLACKROCK down beanie Medium
February 05, 12:03pm

$55 for a blackrock hat
What color is the hat? A lady friend has a birthday coming up, but she hates black.

In Gear Swap » FS: New with tags BLACKROCK down beanie Medium
February 05, 11:36am

Craig Ramos - Phishing
I sold him a Zia grill last week, so I expect I'll soon receive a similiar e-mail. Thanks for the heads up.

In Chaff » Craig Ramos - Phishing
February 03, 4:30pm

Freezing Rain
Yes, I certainly have. If you know beforehand that you will encounter such conditions, you will be far better off using synthetics over goose down, for both your clothing and your sleeping bag/quil...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Freezing Rain
February 01, 7:02am

Vacuum sealing freeze dried meals
I have done what you are thinking about for over 4 years, and I'm convinced that repackaging, then vacuum-sealing meal portions is the way to go for what you want to do. There are several co...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Vacuum sealing freeze dried meals.
January 30, 11:11pm

Vacuum sealing freeze dried meals
Probably a couple of years, Paul, in someplace coolish. I do this all the time, and I store the packets in my dry ( 65*F) Colorado basement. Any dehydrated stuff containing fat (meat, cheese) shoul...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Vacuum sealing freeze dried meals.
January 30, 8:00pm

Zia Ti Grill
I have more grills available, guys, if you would like a new one. E-mail me at drzooz@aol.com if interested.

In Gear Swap » Zia Ti Grill
January 26, 4:30pm

Can I delete my account?
If you contact Addie through forum support, I'm sure she can make it happen for you.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Can I delete my account?
January 24, 1:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm