BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1081 - 1090 of 1643 | Page: 1 ...100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ...165

Forum » Thread

Spelling issue
Actually, Diane had it right---the word is "poseur" and not "poser." Feel free to check your Webster's. In the interest of a encouraging a more literate hiking crowd...

In Philosophy & Technique » Buy the Newest, Lightest, Shiniest Gear Or You Could Die
June 23, 5:46pm

Ion size?
Huzefa, what size and color is the Ion pack?

In Gear Swap » FS: Oware Mid, Golite pinnacle, Golite Ion, BD poles, PT EOS, APEX Quilt, Remote Canister stove, clothing
June 23, 10:10am

Ride to Yellowstone's Bechler Ranger Station from Kepler Cascades
Rebecca, you are in for a real logistical nightmare. I hope somebody, a trail angel, will come to your rescue on this one. Getting from Old Faithful to Bechler RS involves exiting the Park at West ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Ride to Yellowstone's Bechler Ranger Station from Kepler Cascades?
June 21, 2:05pm

Kelty Triptease strength
BPL says Triptease has a strength of 188#. check this link and scroll down. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/aircore_2_spectra_cord.html

In GEAR » alternative to kelty triptease
June 21, 12:08pm

golite saga
I'm sorry that you are having this problem, and I expect that my next comment won't help much. GoLite is currently having their Denver area sales, in 5 different locations. To my knowledge,...

In GEAR » Golite Out Of Business?
June 21, 8:59am

Montbell
I went with an XL Thermawrap parka, and also XL in the pants. The pants are perfect, and the parka only slightly too big (but perfect for wearing over the L Thermawrap jacket, or any other thick la...

In Gear Swap » WTB Cocoon clothing
June 19, 11:47am

WTB Cocoon clothing
John, I have a set of the '06 version of Cocoons. I bought them at the BPL shop, where Addie let me try them on to check sizing. I am 6'0", 190#, with a 36" waist/32" inseam....

In Gear Swap » WTB Cocoon clothing
June 19, 9:16am

GNP map and guide book
Yup

In GEAR » Map and guide book recommendations for Glacier National Park
June 16, 1:10pm

GNP map and guide book
I use the Falcon guide by Erik Molvar, and the Trails Illistrated map #215. The map is fine if you're staying on trails, and I haven't found a better guide book.

In GEAR » Map and guide book recommendations for Glacier National Park
June 16, 12:55pm

Absaroka hipbelt
Jarod, I think that the only difference between the L and M hipbelts is the length of the webbing. My L was also too long, so I just cut a few inches of webbing off each side, touched the cut ends ...

In Gear Swap » WTT BPL Absaroka hipbelt L for M
June 14, 2:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm