Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1081 - 1090 of 1883 | Page: 1 ...100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ...189

Forum » Thread

Zia grills on sale
Thanks, Cody. Buffalo Birthday Bash--you've got style! Here's my technique, with 2-8 oz. filets. I create a small alcove off to the side of the main campfire, then simply shove the coal...

In Gear Deals » Zia grill--holiday sale
April 26, 11:56am

What is a GGG?
I think it's a Gathering of Gear Geeks (that would certainly be us). Edit--wow, you are quick, Ms. Anna "Link" O'Leary. I've decided to give you that new nickname, because ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Rocky Mountain GGG?
April 26, 10:11am

Zia grills on sale
Folks, I have a bunch of grills that need homes. So, from now through May, I am offering them for $45 each, which includes shipping. If you would like a matched set of two, I will send them to you ...

In Gear Deals » Zia grill--holiday sale
April 25, 4:41pm

GNP Backcountry permit
Congrats, Jeff. FYI, if you want to chill that first day to No Name Lake, you can cut 2 miles off the hike by riding the tourist boat for a half hour to the west end of Two Med Lake. Maybe a wuss t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » GNP Backcountry permit
April 24, 4:54pm

Isolation
Peter, Dave offered some superb suggestions. Either park will be great if you've not seen them. Keep one 'isolation' thing in mind though--the campsites at GNP are shared by other campe...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Glacier or Yellowstone?
April 23, 3:38pm

Golf Ball
I see, Ryan. It makes good sense now.

In Gear Lists » First Time UL'er, Help!
April 23, 1:22pm

???
I'm curious about the golf ball. What do you use it for?

In Gear Lists » First Time UL'er, Help!
April 23, 12:11pm

Nuun
I think Nuun tastes great. It is a slightly fizzy drink with a very mild flavor of your choice. I like the fruit punch, strawberry/lemonade, and tri-berry myself. If I think I might want a Nuun or ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Hydration electrolyte replacement recommendations
April 21, 4:44pm

Hydration electrolyte replacement
How about Nuun tablets?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Hydration electrolyte replacement recommendations
April 21, 2:56pm

.10" titanium pot support sold
Chad H. bought the prototype pot stand, and it will be mailed today. Now, all I have left is the .062" rod. But as you can see from Dan's posts above, it makes a pretty sweet pot stand for...

In Gear Swap » Zia titanium pot supports for sale
April 20, 9:50am

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm