BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1081 - 1090 of 1534 | Page: 1 ...100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ...154

Forum » Thread

Christchurch earthquake
Lynn, are you OK? Please check in.

In Chaff » Christchurch earthquake
February 22, 8:14am

Beer pasteurization temperature
"...a process during which the can is exposed to temperatures much higher than boiling for a rather extended period of time." Beer is most likely pasteurized by the lower temperature &...

In GEAR » Hinnie pot contamination
February 20, 12:30pm

Pinnacle + snowshoes
I disagree with Dave here. For day trips, where I'm not sure what conditions I'll encounter, I'll often take both the XC skis and my Northern Lites Backcountry snowshoes. The snowshoes ...

In GEAR » Which of you use Golite Pinnacle for winter, and how do you carry your stuff?
February 20, 10:13am

Any advantage to Golite W's Jam over current Jam
The older model probably doesn't have hip belt pockets.

In GEAR » Any advantage to Golite W's Jam over current Jam?
February 20, 7:14am

Only 30% of Americans Hold a Passport
I lived/worked in Saudi Arabia for over 5 years, and let me tell you, it isn't all that exotic. Well, camping in the Empty Quarter was special, but the rest of the country is pretty bleak. It w...

In Chaff » Only 30% of Americans Hold a Passport
February 18, 2:20pm

Paul Ramer's poles
"Hmm...well, you can't self-arrest with poles, either. " Actually, you can self-arrest with poles. Back in the late '70s, the late Paul Ramer devised a slick snowshoe/ski pole ...

In Philosophy & Technique » How necessary are poles with snowshoes?
February 18, 1:03pm

Red-eye whuskey
In the interest of weight savings, I forgo my beloved Jack Daniel's for Wild Turkey (101 proof vs 80).

In Chaff » Most Beloved Trail Whisky/Whiskey
February 17, 2:43pm

Titanal repair parts
What's the problem for which you need replacement parts? Did something break, or are you just getting frustrated with that goofy locking system? If it's the latter, maybe we can figure some...

In GEAR » Need Komperdell Titanal repair parts
February 16, 1:43pm

Today's the big day!
OK, ladies and gentlemen, in case you've forgotten, today is her big day. Now, all together, sing along with me... Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday, dear Addie,...

In Chaff » Today's the big day!
February 16, 8:18am

Axe
Nah, you miss the point about what unobtanium offers when alloyed to titanium. It creates a seriously hard edge, one that never, ever needs sharpening. And we don't need no stinkin' weight-...

In GEAR » Double walled mini volcano kettle
February 15, 4:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm