Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1081 - 1090 of 1701 | Page: 1 ...100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ...171

Forum » Thread

Zia grills
Thanks for letting me know that you received it, Ken. I hope you enjoy using it. David and James, your grills were mailed this afternoon.

In Gear Swap » Zia grills now for sale to members and guests
September 14, 2:13pm

Zia grill and Stix
Steve, thanks for your your confimation of receipt, and for your positive comments. Your opinion carries a lot of weight for me. James, I sent you an e-mail. You'll get a grill, as I have 40...

September 13, 9:50pm

Stix
Thanks for your comment, Steve. So you received yours in good order? I'd like to know how they have worked for you. You see, that first round of Stix was a sort of "beta offering." I ...

September 13, 6:56pm

Silly Stix question
Thanks for that, Diana. So you vote for a pointed end?

September 13, 5:53pm

Silly Stix question
I need some advice from those of you that have purchased a set of the Stix. I remember a forum thread some time back when several of the members suggested to Lawson Kline that the points on his sta...

September 13, 4:54pm

IPW permit
Thanks for posting that, Paul. I'd forgotten what the cutoff date was for needing a permit.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Best Colorado late September backpacking
September 13, 10:29am

CO fall hikes
Well, the beetle-kill hasn't happened much on the east side of the Divide. So I would suggest trying a trip into the Indian Peaks or RMNP (but that's a bear canister bummer). Where are your...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Best Colorado late September backpacking
September 13, 7:29am

CO fall hikes
One game I've played over the years, in order to maximize my aspen color experience and to stretch out the season, is to do an aspen hike up north (Steamboat, RMNP) to 10,500+ feet around Septe...

September 13, 6:26am

2 zia grill too here
Fred, your 2-grill setup is what gave me the idea for Manfred's. Actually, I rather like your 3-rod arrangement better, although it becomes a bit heavier. By connecting the 2 grills side by sid...

September 12, 2:07pm

Why you want TWO Zia Grills
Manfred, it looks like you've been using your grills lately, as they have that color of veteran use. I've got to go hiking with you, so that I can eat what you eat! I'm glad that our id...

September 12, 9:50am

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm