Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1081 - 1090 of 1921 | Page: 1 ...100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ...193

Forum » Thread

Cuben Fiber Dog Bowls
I keep looking at them too, Adam. I wonder if they are the right size to work as waterproof beanies.

In Gear Swap » FS: Cuben Fiber Dog Bowls
June 03, 4:36pm

Car camp/day hike in Yellowstone
Ben, I'm trying to set up something myself in YNP in Aug-Sept--a series of backpack trips in the far north of the Park. The Roosevelt Lodge, the only lodging in the area, is almost fully booked...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Car camp/day hike in Yellowstone?
June 03, 2:11pm

Doug, you are onto yet another great idea. Outside the box, and that's good. I'm all for a new format on the front page, and your idea has merit. Are you listening, Maia, or are you still s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Would you do me the favor of lending your opinion?
June 02, 8:54pm

Today's the last day! Justin's grill sent.
Justin, I made it to the post office before they closed today, and your grill should be there by maybe Wednesday. To the procrastinators among us, I want to remind you that today is the last day...

In Gear Deals » Zia grill--holiday sale
June 02, 1:19pm

Congrats, Dan!
You are my new hero, Dan. That was an amazing accomplishment, considering the conditions, loss of water bottle, knee issues. Long ago, I spent a summer based at the confluence of the Sun, Gates Cre...

In Post-Trip Reports » Bob Marshall Wilderness Open – Eccentric But Not Insane
June 02, 1:14pm

3 more days!
Final bump--sale prices are good through Saturday.

May 31, 2:09pm

Antarctica book suggestions
The South Pole, by Captain Roald Amundsen Scott's Last Expedition, by Robert Falcon Scott South, by Sir Ernest Shackleton They were the actual accounts written by those men. Their diaries,...

In GEAR » Antarctica book suggestions
May 30, 8:59am

Sale ends this week
Just a reminder, folks-- my Zia grill sale ends on Saturday, June 2. $45 for a single, $85 for a matched double with connector rods. Prices include shipping.

May 29, 8:09am

Pack Cover Weight vs Wet Pack ?
The following is a post I wrote on 6-11-11. For the full thread, click on this: Pack...

In GEAR » Pack Cover Weight vs Wet Pack ??
May 28, 7:12am

Grills sent
And they're off! Rob and James, your grills are in the mail.

May 24, 3:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm