Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1081 - 1090 of 1904 | Page: 1 ...100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ...191

Forum » Thread

vehicle to the trailhead
I think the Toyota Highlander is also mounted on a car frame, whereas the 4Runner isn't--it's a real truck.

In Chaff » vehicle to the trailhead
May 20, 11:24am

Gregor's grill sent
I made it to the post office before they closed today, and your grill is on its way. It should make it to you by Tue or Wed. Thanks, Gregor!

In Gear Deals » Zia grill--holiday sale
May 19, 2:11pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, We Got Him
Doug, that was a great tale that you told, and a great hike that you took. Written quite well, and so soulful, I'll add. Can't believe I missed it the first time around. As for that cat-...

In Post-Trip Reports » Susquehannock Trail, PA
May 18, 6:41pm

Taking the Plunge and Looking for a Single pair Trail/Camp/Water Shoes
This thread has me intrigued, so I decided to try out a pair of my Salomon Tech Amphibians shoes with a pair of Superfeet inserts I had. I carried a 20# backpack around the neighborhood for a 2-mil...

In GEAR » Taking the Plunge and Looking for a Single pair Trail/Camp/Water Shoes
May 18, 4:03pm

Grills sent
Oh, and I did ship your grill today, Jerry. Yours went out yesterday, Devon.

May 17, 4:55pm

Zia grill price drop though May
Just a reminder--I am cutting the price of the Zia grills through the end of the month. A single grill for $45, and a matched double set with connectors for $85. Prices include shipping, as always....

May 17, 4:53pm

GNP
I find that to be a rather unusual route. You'll get good exercise along the way. I assume you are starting at the Quartz Creek campground, rather than at the Bowman Lake campground? That secon...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Headed to Glacier
May 16, 1:57pm

@ Devon
I responded to your pvt. e-mail, Devon.

May 16, 11:49am

Still available
Yes, Pete the Zia grills are still available, at a reduced price of $45 through the end of May.

May 10, 12:44pm

Laws
"You can break man's laws, but you can't break natures's laws". Ref: My high school drivers training teacher. Your speed, the co-efficient of tire friction, the radius of t...

In Philosophy & Technique » Getting ticketed for stealth camping
May 09, 7:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm