BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1081 - 1090 of 1522 | Page: 1 ...100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ...153

Forum » Thread

Username
Thanks, Marco. I was hoping we could do it ourselves, and not have to bother Sam.

In Community Support Forum » Username
February 14, 3:14pm

Username
So how do you change the user name?

In Community Support Forum » Username
February 14, 2:55pm

BPL ti foil specs
Scott, I believe that the titanium foil that BPL sold was a 6AL-4V alloy, and .0032" thick. The Ti-Goat foil is .005" thick, and it is CP-2 (unalloyed), I think.

In Make Your Own Gear » Making a Bushbuddy Ultra Stove with alcohol simmer / boil at will.
February 14, 1:10pm

Durian
Do you suppose that FD durian is odor-free until it is rehydrated? After that, maybe it could serve as a SUL bear deterent. At least it should keep other hikers from pitching their tents anywhere n...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Freeze-Dried Durian Fruit
February 14, 10:41am

Coleman F1 Powerboost
Elliot, the largest pot I have used with my F-1 Powerboost is my Titan Kettle, so I can't offer anything regarding pot stability, or increased heat deflection from using a larger diameter pot. ...

In GEAR » Coleman F1 Powerboost stove with large, heavy pots (cooking for four)
February 12, 10:24am

Payment sent
Jason, you should have the PayPal money by now. Thanks for this. Sorry, Jim--you were so close.

In Gear Swap » Various items for sale
February 11, 5:03pm

Vargo Sierra cup/lid
I'd like the sierra cup and lid. PM on its way, Jason.

In Gear Swap » Various items for sale
February 11, 4:45pm

Titanium Switch
John, what are you referring to here? Are you saying that the current standard 6AL-4V alloy is being replaced by something different? Could you give us some specifics as to what you are alluding to?

In GEAR » Titanium Switch
February 10, 10:12pm

Ambiguous borders
Aaron's quote: "The border is rather ambiguous..."--very well put. Just a heads up for anyone here that is considering trekking in the Middle East--nearly all of those countries ad...

In Chaff » Free the Hikers -Iran
February 08, 3:20pm

Packers
Seems to me that backpackers have a moral obligation to back the Packers.

In Chaff » Steelers all the way!!!
February 06, 2:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm