BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 1071 - 1080 of 1094 | Page: 1 ...91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110

Forum » Thread

Bear Video...
I've seen the video before and here are my thoughts... These guys saw the bears well in advance but still approached very close to them (makes great video and... we've got guns)... as Br...

In Chaff » Does your kit include a gun?
December 18, 11:36pm

Does your kit include a gun?
Sarah - Sorry to here you haven't been to Canada for a long time, you are missing out on some incredible hiking! As for Canadian gun laws, I'm no expert but I do know that we have a ve...

December 18, 4:17pm

Sorry Sarah, I don't buy it. I would be willing to bet that if the concealed weapon was replaced with concealed pepper spray in all of the self defence cases you can think of, the situatio...

December 18, 1:48pm

In Canada, carrying a hand gun is illegal. Would I carry one if I could... No. Do I carry bear spray, yes but I only started carrying it when my kids started hiking with me (my wife asked me to ...

December 18, 12:43pm

Garmin GPSmap 60CSx
Are you referring to the 60Cx/60Csx? If so, the 60Cx is listed at under $300 (after rebate) at this site: http://www.gpscentral.ca/products/garmin/60cx.htm The 60Csx is just a little more.

In Editor's Roundtable » Garmin eTrex Vista HCx GPS REVIEW
December 15, 7:07pm

Re: Garmin Colorado
I agree. Garmin will have to add something significant before I'd spend that much. At least the Vista HCx that was reviewed here has a much improved receiver which is a solid improvement and ...

December 15, 12:53am

Re: Columbia zip offs
Carol - Thanks for pointing me at the Columbia convertible pants... I have tracked some down and they do indeed offer a heavier weight fabric that is still lighter than the ones I currently wear. ...

In GEAR » Convertible / Zip-Off Pants ?
December 14, 6:06pm

Garmin eTrex Vista HCx GPS REVIEW
Before I bought my 60cx about 2 yrs ago, I asked Garmin what reciever they were using in these units. They weren't shy about stating that the units had the SirfStar 3. "Thank you for c...

December 14, 5:18pm

Getting in backpacking, starting to look at gear
The Hubba Hubba is a nice tent especially if you divide the weight up with your friend. Make sure you pick up the footprint as well. This will allow you to use the fast fly set up (no tent body, ...

In GEAR » Getting in backpacking, starting to look at gear
December 13, 11:38pm

Garmin eTrex Vista HCx GPS REVIEW
Thanks for the great review of the new Vista HCx. I've been watching the reviews of this unit for a while now and will likely buy one soon. I really like the size (and weight) and the battery...

December 13, 4:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm